Page 47 of 134 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

This book was beautiful !! The costumes, the haircuts... Caselli is awesome !

So good to have T'Challa as the King in a Black Panther comic. I'm very interested by all the charcaters and I want to know more, great job from Hill too.

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    Is the 2022 series " Wakanda" taking place in the 616 Universe or in the MCU?
    Not sure there's a difference anymore. It features MCU versions of characters

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    A dupe lowo Oluwa!

The character truly needs deliverance from the social commentary.

As simple as this statement is, I'm not sure 616 BP has been this a while now.

This interview has gotten me more excited for Ultimate BP.

^ x2

My brethren

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Feels surreal having an ongoing solo where T’challa is written like T’challa.
    Amen! I just don't understand why this was so hard for Editor Will Moss and other heads to get that this is in part what Black Panther is about. They just wet the bed when it came to making changes that were needed on the main book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Interesting to note that one reason why T'Challa doesn't seek immediate action is when he pointed out Shuri might be influenced by the Dora Milaje who actively want war. So looks like Shuri might be more tied to the Dora's here and may be under their sway.

So it seems like he's wants to make all his choices without falling into the machinations of any potential faction. I've already seen the theory that the spoilers:
    explosion was a false-flag operation to get T'Challa to go to war.
    end of spoilers
    This would... make a whole lot of sense.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Black Panther is still a potential giant IP. There is a reason the movie did so well.

Unfortunately, the franchise got handicapped when it got stolen by non comic "intellectuals" who didn't even like the character and CHadwick dying.

Maybe Hill can course correct.

Nobody has a favorite comic character who is an ineffectual mopey loser. Peopel can scream "toxic masculinity" or whatever all they want... it's comics... people want their favorite character to has some damn bass in voice
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Black Panther is still a potential giant IP. There is a reason the movie did so well.

Unfortunately, the franchise got handicapped when it got stolen by non comic "intellectuals" who didn't even like the character and CHadwick dying.

Nobody has a favorite comic character who is an ineffectual mopey loser. Peopel can scream "toxic masculinity" or whatever all they want... it's comics... people want their favorite character to has some damn bass in voice
    In going to say this... I don't think there is any question that BP is a Potential Giant IP... I 1000% believe it IS a giant IP for the simple fact that if this was any other A list potential character that for a long time was treated as a B tier character and they went through the last 8+ years of BS that T'Challa fans have gone through on top of what the MCU did, that character wouldn't have recovered, it would've been a death blow and the character would be put in limbo.

T'Challa persevered through, people are still hungry for a strong BP book as shown with Hill, currently. Even during this time RJ showed people want T'Challa around with BPQ and KiB.

It's because T'Challa is a giant IP is that he is surviving like he is for the right person to get on the book. They can and should course correct now, get that BP game WITH T'Challa. Reboot the MCU with the real T'Challa, and get him to Spiderman level

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    In going to say this... I don't think there is any question that BP is a Potential Giant IP... I 1000% believe it IS a giant IP for the simple fact that if this was any other A list potential character that for a long time was treated as a B tier character and they went through the last 8+ years of BS that T'Challa fans have gone through on top of what the MCU did, that character wouldn't have recovered, it would've been a death blow and the character would be put in limbo.

T'Challa persevered through, people are still hungry for a strong BP book as shown with Hill, currently. Even during this time RJ showed people want T'Challa around with BPQ and KiB.

It's because T'Challa is a giant IP is that he is surviving like he is for the right person to get on the book. They can and should course correct now, get that BP game WITH T'Challa. Reboot the MCU with the real T'Challa, and get him to Spiderman level
    If nothing else, UBP shows that it really isn't that difficult to make T'Challa a character people actually want to read about. People that don't spend time on twitter all day or watch 2 hour video essays on youtube about how superheroes are inherently fascist, real galaxy brain stuff that no one has ever thought of before. Those people don't read comics, and they certainly don't buy them legally. Marvel's been catering to a very loud minority for the longest time.

Ultimate Member

I think it's fair to say that BP is close to being a household name. Coates first issue sold over 300,000 copies, that's how much hype there was around that run especially coming off his debut in the MCU and his role in Hickman's Avengers/Time Runs Out arc.

Marvel really dropped the ball because Coates and Ridley wrote a somewhat incompetent main character in a non-comedic story.

No one will ever forget that image of Captain America beating the crap out of T'Challa. When the alt-right chuds are praising a BP comic, then you know something has gone horribly wrong.

I'm sure Ridley and Coates did what they feel was their best work but the results weren't pleasant.
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-08-2024 at 11:29 AM.

This is the first time a Black Panther book has really felt like a Black Panther book in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Amen! I just don't understand why this was so hard for Editor Will Moss and other heads to get that this is in part what Black Panther is about. They just wet the bed when it came to making changes that were needed on the main book.
    Because they wanted to turn the comic into a mouthpiece when all BP fans wanted was him kicking ass first with a little commentary in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    If nothing else, UBP shows that it really isn't that difficult to make T'Challa a character people actually want to read about. People that don't spend time on twitter all day or watch 2 hour video essays on youtube about how superheroes are inherently fascist, real galaxy brain stuff that no one has ever thought of before. Those people don't read comics, and they certainly don't buy them legally. Marvel's been catering to a very loud minority for the longest time.
    It's not that hard. This is what BP has going for him:

Cool name
    Cool costume
    King of a powerful nation
    Super-genius
    Cool gadgets
    A little "I-don't-give-a-f*ck, by-all-means-necessary" attitude.
    Has no hesitation about killing you.

Who the hell couldn't write a good comic with that all of that to work with?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's not that hard. This is what BP has going for him:

Cool name
    Cool costume
    King of a powerful nation
    Super-genius
    Cool gadgets
    A little "I-don't-give-a-f*ck, by-all-means-necessary" attitude.
    Has no hesitation about killing you.

Who the hell couldn't write a good comic with that all of that to work with?
    Coates, Ridley, and Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Coates, Ridley, and Ewing.
    Ewing's problem was she didn't write an exciting comic.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

This would... make a whole lot of sense.
    Another cool theory I've seen is spoilers:
    considering how BP doesn't seem to be in contact with Bast, its possible Maker like he did with the Asgardians cut off access to the Gods and the Vodu-Khan were possibly put in place by him to keep tabs on Wakanda.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Because they wanted to turn the comic into a mouthpiece when all BP fans wanted was him kicking ass first with a little commentary in between.
    They really wanted to turn the book into a political thriller while downplaying the action-adventure elements.

Ironically they wound up screwing over the Afrofuturism elements of the setting because they were so obsessed with a "serious exploration" of the setting that it was stripped of any fun or joy.

Its that common criticism of "Why are you taking yourself so seriously? This is a book about a guy in cat-suit, have some fun."
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 02-08-2024 at 01:14 PM.