Page 94 of 131 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1958

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well yeah, but I'm just pointing out that we shouldn't have to wait and see if writers decide to give him his core traits or continue to hand them out the the support cast. It shouldn't be a big ask
    We won't know until the issues come out. We've already heard before what a writer says they will do or how much they love BP. Mayberry dazzled us with T'Challa's scientific genius with Shadow Physics and that ist do anything. On the other hand Liss gave us RadioShack BP who wrecked Kingpin.

I get it, I want to see BP in all his glory too. I'm just going to go by what I see on paper. We're two issues in.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    We won't know until the issues come out. We've already heard before what a writer says they will do or how much they love BP. Mayberry dazzled us with T'Challa's scientific genius with Shadow Physics and that ist do anything. On the other hand Liss gave us RadioShack BP who wrecked Kingpin.

I get it, I want to see BP in all his glory too. I'm just going to go by what I see on paper. We're two issues in.
    The thing is, some of us have been burned by "just wait and see!" once too often. If you want us to read the next issue, MAKE us want to know what happens. Don't just assume we'll meekly wait for crumbs of characterization like good little Marvel Zombies. Hit the bloody ground RUNNING.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Credit to UBP, the plot's already progressing faster than Ewing's did in 3 issues.

Yeah and had Mayberry actually let T'Challa give Doom the beating he deserved, destroyed all the processed VB Doom was wearing and threatened to destroy the rest of he didn't return it, it would be one of the coolest stories. Mayberry failed the ending by fanboying over Doom. Liss showed us how creative T'Challa could be and it was THE MAN, not the tech that was dangerous. In both vases though neither of them gave away his genius to his side characters to give them something to do. Abd they made it clear that he was the GUY. We never questioned if he had those core traits.

I hope Hill provides and comes correct. T'Challa desperately needs it. But wait and see should NOT be in any writers vocabulary when it comes to core traits EVER.

Okay, this question is for everyone. So in the 6160 Ultimate Universe in your opinion, what his Hill done right and what has he done wrong with Black Panther/T'Challa 2 issues in?

Okay, this question is for everyone. So in the 6160 Ultimate Universe in your opinion, what his Hill done right and what has he done wrong with Black Panther/T'Challa 2 issues in?
    Wrong:

Storm again
    Killmonger again
    Need BP to beat some ass soon please

Right:

Everything else.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Wrong:

Storm again
    Killmonger again
    Need BP to beat some ass soon please

Right:

Everything else.
    I can agree with seeing T'Challa kicking some ass real soon. Haven't really seen him do much in the first two issues.

I want to see how Storm and Killmonger will be different this time around. Especially Storm since she has no ties to this universe's X-Men. Yet.

Wrong:

1. Storm

2. Shuri given T’Challa’s intelligence again instead of her own thing. If a supporting character needs to steal from T’Challa to be relevant then they don’t need to be around

3. Too soon for a traitor subplot when there are only 2 possibilities and we barely know the characters

4. Lack of T’Challa fight scenes and I’m not talking about when he used the mech. When he finally had the chance to show off what this new T’Challa can do he needed to get saved by Storm

5. Too much MCU influences and not enough originality

Right:

1. T’Challa isn’t a chump that gets talked down to by everyone and accepts it

2. Plot is moving and not dragging

3. Okoye

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Wrong:

1. Storm

2. Shuri given T’Challa’s intelligence again instead of her own thing. If a supporting character needs to steal from T’Challa to be relevant then they don’t need to be around

3. Too soon for a traitor subplot when there are only 2 possibilities and we barely know the characters

4. Lack of T’Challa fight scenes and I’m not talking about when he used the mech. When he finally had the chance to show off what this new T’Challa can do he needed to get saved by Storm

5. Too much MCU influences and not enough originality

Right:

1. T’Challa isn’t a chump that gets talked down to by everyone and accepts it

2. Plot is moving and not dragging

3. Okoye
    Just curious, what other MCU influences are there besides super genius Shuri and T'Chaka being alive early in the run?

Niffleheim

Just curious, what other MCU influences are there besides super genius Shuri and T'Chaka being alive early in the run?
    Everyone is telling T'Challa what he is supposed to do. It's the same MCU story framework.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Everyone is telling T'Challa what he is supposed to do. It's the same MCU story framework.
    Everyone is trying to get in his ear but the only people he listens to are T'Chaka and Okoye. And even, then they are only offering advice.

Like:
    I like that he's established the environment and players quickly. The VoduKhan are an interesting addition, the Dora as battle starved aggresors are cool as is their leader, and Okoye in this new role fits well even if temporary. I'm invested in the characters and where the story is headed. T'Challa's pressure as a king during war really comes through with everyone in his ear and him trying to figure out what to do. Hill has done a good job conveying that pressure.

Dislike:
    1. MCU Shuri once again being an intellectual parasite on the franchise at the expense of the titular hero. T'Challa should always get credit for Wakanda's advancement. He had always gotten it before Shuri was Retro-fitted into the mythos and the Movie version took hold. If I was hired to write an Iron Man solo and I decided that Iron Man needed a sibling who had always been the brains behind his armor creations I'd received major pushback and shouldn't be surprised by it.

2. T'Challa so far has been less then exceptional. Even ignoring the Shuri issue, T'Challa has allowed the assassination of his father while fully being in charge of wakanda and a grown man (616 his dad died while a boy).
    Takes out a squadron of goons thanks to MCU Shuri's weapon (cool weapon though), then goes on an excursion outside of Wakanda alone by choice only to be gunned down by six goons (Killmonger took out 10 in issue 1 with one move), then is saved by Storm. Looked like he be dead otherwise...
    So yeah, I'm completely unimpressed by this version as it stands. I expect that to change quickly. No sign of where his genius lies if any and leadership skills certainly isn't enough compared to what's being taken away.

So far the run is serviceable and in the good not great category, but only made good by the disaster that the main run has been for a near decade. Im invested though so he is doing a good enough job.
    Last edited by Ekie; 03-18-2024 at 07:47 AM.

Freedom fighting Killmonger.
    I have no complaint about that yet until I see where it's going to go

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Freedom fighting Killmonger.
    I have no complaint about that yet until I see where it's going to go
    It's interesting that this version of Killmonger is starting out as a good guy. MCU Killmonger was an anarchist.

Wrong:

Continuing the whole Shuri is the super genius and sidelining T'Challas.
    Storm.
    T'Challa having a open mouth on the habit on combat.
    Prophecy child (too early focus on T'Challa)
    T'Challa not actively shown being effective like he needs to be
    Killing T'Chaka too early

Right:

Establishing T'Challas Bass and he is in control
    Showing he had good judgement as a leader
    Actively driving the plot
    Establishing different factions that feel unique and not a monolith
    Married to Okoye, though it's a political marriage it could actually be a good pairing and something different.
    Interesting designed male cast members for T'Challa to interact with.