Page 101 of 131 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1964
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That Wonder Woman game....is it still in active development?

WB said they don't really want to pursue single-player AAA games anymore (at least not in the numbers they did before).

The gaming industry is in a "wild" state at the moment and that's putting it mildly.
    Its still in development yes.

They even very recently made an announcement that WB Montreal will be providing auxiliary support to it.

All-New Member

Also now that issue #10 is finally out I can review the run in its entirety. Best word to describe it: boring. I was thoroughly bored the entire time I read it. There's nothing particularly egregious about it, it's not like T'Challa was constantly disrespected throughout, but the entire premise and throughput of the story has just been wholly uninteresting to me from jump. I don't have any strong desire to see Biti or any of its characters again and I'm happy this ended at #10.

Quote Originally Posted by Orogene80 View Post
    Also now that issue #10 is finally out I can review the run in its entirety. Best word to describe it: boring. I was thoroughly bored the entire time I read it. There's nothing particularly egregious about it, it's not like T'Challa was constantly disrespected throughout, but the entire premise and throughput of the story has just been wholly uninteresting to me from jump. I don't have any strong desire to see Biti or any of its characters again and I'm happy this ended at #10.
    I'm just happy it ended before any major damage happened.

Edit: just learned his new NEW suit (previous new suit design yet to be explained/defined) wasnt even made by him.

Book couldn't have ended soon enough
    Last edited by Ekie; 03-20-2024 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orogene80 View Post
    It's a stealth Captain America game insofar as WWII is Cap's Golden Age and he has so much dedicated, existing content surrounding this era.
    Nope.

Not allowed to say much but, that? Not it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Nope.

Not allowed to say much but, that? Not it at all.
    So you’re involved with the game? I thought I heard you were involved back when it was announced. I already had faith in the story with Amy Hennig’s involvement but now even more so if you’re involved

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

Edit: just learned his new NEW suit (previous new suit design yet to be explained/defined) wasnt even made by him.

Much of the issue is about the supporting cast saving his tail, ending up with a friggin' CARE BEARS ending.

"We are all protectors of Wakanda." He can't even keep THAT lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

Let me guess. Shuri made it?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Much of the issue is about the supporting cast saving his tail, ending up with a friggin' CARE BEARS ending.

"We are all protectors of Wakanda." He can't even keep THAT lane.
    I just read it... WOOOOW such amateur writing the book was all over the place, rushed, unfocused, Eve wasted so many issues on nonsensical stuff abd when itncame tine for the bog bad (the only interesting thing about her story) she leaves him underdeveloped, stupid, and EASILY BEATEN BY THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP. At least when Anime does that, generally the action is really good tongo along with it so it's not so cheesy.

Care bears ending is spot on. I really REALLY hate this version of T'Challa Coates and Co have created in the solo. So much character traits removed that he is a shell of his former self "This nation is so much greater than I knew" wtf is this? Dude already knew that. And he is basing it off of Gotham rip off, in which generational crime lords where able to thrive and the city was
    ramshackled with dumb bullisht that wouldn't make it into Wakanda had the writer gave a isht.

Just like Coates, and Ridley before her, Eves run ends in a whimper

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I just read it... WOOOOW such amateur writing the book was all over the place, rushed, unfocused, Eve wasted so many issues on nonsensical stuff abd when itncame tine for the bog bad (the only interesting thing about her story) she leaves him underdeveloped, stupid, and EASILY BEATEN BY THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP. At least when Anime does that, generally the action is really good tongo along with it so it's not so cheesy.

Care bears ending is spot on. I really REALLY hate this version of T'Challa Coates and Co have created in the solo. So much character traits removed that he is a shell of his former self "This nation is so much greater than I knew" wtf is this? Dude already knew that. And he is basing it off of Gotham rip off, in which generational crime lords where able to thrive and the city was
    ramshackled with dumb bullisht that wouldn't make it into Wakanda had the writer gave a isht.

Just like Coates, and Ridley before her, Eves run ends in a whimper
    This is why I hope Ultimate Black Panther keeps killing it in sales. Because that’s truly the only way Marvel will get the message on what we want for T’Challa in 616.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    This is why I hope Ultimate Black Panther keeps killing it in sales. Because that’s truly the only way Marvel will get the message on what we want for T’Challa in 616.
    I'm worried that we will only get more of the same with 616 BP. If they let UBP reclaim the position that T'Challa once had, I'm afraid that they'll just keep on doing more of the same with 616 BP just to keep him different.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I need to see Hill really let T'Challa cut loose first before I can put all my hopes into his version. He needs to be shown as a brilliant leader and strategist, polymath genius, and an unparalleled warrior first.

I want Hill to succeed, he seems to have a good understanding of T'Challa. I need to him focus on building T'Challa up though and not waste too much time on side characters

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    Azzuri is modeled and voiced by Khary Payton.
    The BP casting I never knew I need it. He looks amazing as Azzuri. I’d be cool with Azzuri appearance being drawn to look like as the stranded. Mostly cause I get tried of T’Challa, T’Chaka & Azzuri being drawn like the same damn character all the time. I wouldn’t picked a different actress for Nanali but I overall excited for game starting T’Challa grandparents. & 3 Blk characters in general.

People were saying they were happy with one of the few things Coates did right by giving her a lane to occupy that was unique from T'Challa.

People were happy with what RJ did in KiB when MCU Shuri was further getting planted into the comics by making her an alchemist, while T'Challa was straight science. As it allows them both a lane to occupy and be different.

Shuri just being the only super genius is what people aren't happy about. Stop trying to get it twisted
    Facts Shuri needs to be an Alchemist

It's the monkeys paw. Couldn't wait for BP to get a Solo after a decade since the last and coming off the biggest event in recent history AND Having his cinematic debut.. we enter Coates era, the worst era BP has been in ever. T'Challa dies in a morbidly similar fashion to what Chadwick passed from and it's touted as a tribute to him. The first BP focused game to come out features his grandfather Instead of T'Challa. Spin off shows that have nothing to do with him, his core attributes being mined to give
    side characters agency or something to do with nothing returned to T'Challa.

All this content and it doesn't feel good like it should. We should've had T'Challa on the big screen, small screen (with RJ crushing it) a AAA BP focused game and T'Challa on 3 different titles doing big things in comics...

Great points..

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    So you’re involved with the game? I thought I heard you were involved back when it was announced. I already had faith in the story with Amy Hennig’s involvement but now even more so if you’re involved
    7:36

I was on the murderer's row we called the Story Team.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its still in development yes.

They even very recently made an announcement that WB Montreal will be providing auxiliary support to it.
    That's really good to hear.