Page 62 of 134 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is anyone really invested in a Wakandan democracy? Especially with people like Folsade in charge?
    The CIA is heavily invested.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    The CIA is heavily invested.
    When’s the last time we saw Agent Ross?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Would anyone recommend Coates omnibus?
    yes it was a great read. he really worked to expand his influence not just in wakanda but on a galactic level!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Yeah and who want to see a Wakandan city who is just an African version of Gotham city (and seriously, this shows a profound lack of imagination, to give this city the same problems and social dynamics as a city like Chicago. It's clear that it was written by someone who has never or very rarely left the United States.) This run manages to be both less bad than Ridley's and much more boring.
    Not only does it lack imagination, it's just a wildly stupid concept that that would ignore an entire city of people and let crime families run rampant, ESPECIALLY in the city named after his father. And that stupid crap of that lady saying she didn't believe the Black Panther was the protector because he never protected them was just garbage. This is supposedly the same T'Challa who went all the way to new york to find the killers of a little girl, the dude who threatened WWIII to save a deviant mother and child, the dude who inspired a Young boy he saved by telling him he can accomplish the sames things he can... But nah T'Challa is to caught up putting his Worth on the throne, but also not wanting to rule, but doesn't know who he is if he isnt BP, but outside his comic he had been confident in his abilities as BP?

These writers don't know what they want T'Challa to be so he comes off that way to

Yeah and who want to see a Wakandan city who is just an African version of Gotham city (and seriously, this shows a profound lack of imagination, to give this city the same problems and social dynamics as a city like Chicago. It's clear that it was written by someone who has never or very rarely left the United States.) This run manages to be both less bad than Ridley's and much more boring.
    Ewing actually is from Chicago, so I guess she's writing what she knows, I think she set her Ironheart run there as well. So I suppose that would explain a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Ironically for all the stuff they keep copying from Batman they ignore the little important parts like the stellar character and focus on the big man himself.

These Black Panther books are like if someone kept writing more about Gotham than the actual character.
    Pretty much. If they wanted to explore Wakanda then do all the minis and one-shots they want.

Batman has dozens of books to do these kind of stories. BP only has one and everything should be focused on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is anyone really invested in a Wakandan democracy? Especially with people like Folsade in charge?
    I don't even care about Wakanda LOL
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

If Chicago is what she knows then she should probably be writing stuff set there. In other words, more Ironheart. That solo didn't do too bad, it lasted long enough to have two TPBs. She was unlucky when she took over Riri's team book Champions though as COVID disrupted it, she ended up handing over to Danny Lore near the end of #5 and it got axed at #10.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Ewing actually is from Chicago, so I guess she's writing what she knows, I think she set her Ironheart run there as well. So I suppose that would explain a lot.
    She is, yeah. Bendis had coincidentally already established Riri was from Chicago though, so Eve got lucky there. Even then, the second half of her run was set in... Wakanda! Which is probably where they got the idea to use Wakanda Forever for her MCU debut from. I think Eve had probably always wanted to write Black Panther and will be gutted that it lasted no longer than her Ironheart and Champions books.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    When’s the last time we saw Agent Ross?
    Priest’s story in the annual years back

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It could be reduce to ash and everyone dead and I wouldn’t bat an eye.The only characters I’d want to keep around would be Okoye and Taku, everyone else can go kick rocks

I used to care, then Coates era happened, the MCU tried to spin Wakanda as always being the main focus and characters started taking T'Challas characteristics and skills.

Now I'm:

Just start over from scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I used to care, then Coates era happened, the MCU tried to spin Wakanda as always being the main focus and characters started taking T'Challas characteristics and skills.

Now I'm:

Just start over from scratch
    Wakanda is not the problem. Trying to make Wakanda more relevant than BP is the problem.

Everybody wants to world build when they should be focusing on building up BP's status.

world-building is for DMs and for showing editors and publishers the depth and detail of your fictional reality.

it's **** for selling books.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Wakanda is not the problem. Trying to make Wakanda more relevant than BP is the problem.

Everybody wants to world build when they should be focusing on building up BP's status.
    While this is true, it's just become such an overpowering presence that one can't help but dislike what Wakanda has become. Hills version looks interesting so maybe I'll just come Tom like that one instead. But tuen616 version needs a massive pruning and return to basics, preferably with the use of a super villain group for T'Challa to beat and return himself back on top

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    As a Black Panther fan it does get tiring because look at history:

Jonathan Mayberry - (Good Run imo) but T’challa OFF the throne.

David Liss - (Great Run) but T’challa off the Throne.

Jonathan Hickman - T’challa off the throne

Coates - T’challa ON the throne but not wanting the responsibility.

Ridley - T’challa being peeled off the throne and told what a bad leader he is.

Ewing - T’challa back off the throne.
    So many writers want to deconstruct T'Challa and feel as though that is the only way to write him and Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    While this is true, it's just become such an overpowering presence that one can't help but dislike what Wakanda has become. Hills version looks interesting so maybe I'll just come Tom like that one instead. But tuen616 version needs a massive pruning and return to basics, preferably with the use of a super villain group for T'Challa to beat and return himself back on top
    Well, if Coates had just picked up where Hickman left off at the end of Secret War, we could have been in a better place.

Let me rephrase that: If Marvel had given the BP solo to a good comic book writer to pick up where Hickman left off at the end of Secret War, we could have been in a better place.

Instead, we gets Coates who totally trashes BP and Wakanda, a further trashing of BP by Ridley and Ewing trying to rehab BP by making him Bat/Spider-Man. David Liss took a similar premise with an exiled BP and turned that into lemonade.