Page 116 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1986
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I've wondered that question for years...
    When we had concern T'Challa was being pushed aside due to Boseman's death-we get a lecture.
    Wakanda Forever comes out-we got lectured and told to grow up by folks who NEVER came here before.
    Wakanda not making a billion-we got a lecture.
    Folks claiming Panther's success was from OTHERS-we got a lecture.
    Not liking Coates-we got a lecture.
    Not liking Ridley's book-we got a lecture.
    Same with Dr Ewing's run-a lecture.
    A certain mutant being around this franchise-a lecture.

Now insert (blank) into some of those slots and not a lecture given.

Instead it's removals of Inhuman, Jason Rusch, probably Synch, Duke Thomas, Sam Alexander.
    Instead it's acceptance to blame Nubia, Wallace West & Duke for the sales of books that they are NOT in.
    Instead we got books being DOA before first issue.
    Instead we got folks expecting Lein Wein, George Perez, Paul Ryan, Keith Griffin and others to come back from the other side to do book the way they like instead of giving new blood a fair shot. All these new other writers are NOT DEI or political leaning hires.

Not one Black Panther fan has ever resorted to that behavior. We focus on what is in the BOOK. Yet somehow doing that is wrong.

Not wanting T'Challa pushed aside for certain others is wrong? NOT when HISTORY has shown us that removing T'Challa doesn't help sales.
    Shuri, Wakanda, Killmonger & The Crew were looking at at MOON GIRL on sales charts. Shuri still got AXED despite having better numbers than Runaways that lasted 2 more years.
    Variants kept inflating order numbers. Miles Morales had bigger drops between variants than Panther but yet his book STAYED a top seller and never sniffed below 20K.
    There is a REASON Ultimate Black Panther is selling it's NOT because of certain guest stars.
    There is a reason T'Challa has more merchandise even during Wakanda Forever. That Coke can is the first new thing with Shuri as Panther since the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Anyone who accuses BP fans of being overly sensitive after the last 8 years immediately gets side eye from me
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I've wondered that question for years...
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    A better question is why do folks feel entitled to lecture BP fans?

Nobody else is getting told that.
    Any time there's any interaction between Storm and BP, all those bad memories come back to the surface no matter how hard Marvel tries to keep them in each other's orbit.

It's always about BP being at fault and he messed up and he needs to make things right. They do this dance and it always leads to nowhere. Storm moves on to something else while T'Challa is stuck in a rut, unable to move forward because Marvel always wants to keep that door open. It's old and tiring. Either put them together to stay or please let them move forward.

That's why I'm tired tired of it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Any time there's any interaction between Storm and BP, all those bad memories come back to the surface no matter how hard Marvel tries to keep them in each other's orbit.

It's always about BP being at fault and he messed up and he needs to make things right. They do this dance and it always leads to nowhere. Storm moves on to something else while T'Challa is stuck in a rut, unable to move forward because Marvel always wants to keep that door open. It's old and tiring. Either put them together to stay or please let them move forward.

That's why I'm tired tired of it.

Yall keep bringing up storm and tchalla is married to okoye. Storm is with Killmonger, this is also a new universe tons of new readers that don’t know much about Storm, tchalla, okoye shuri etc, this is not the 616. Also I read #3 and ain’t nothing happened just great development and a few surprises. One again Bryan said he’s not putting them together lol chill relax and let the story develop.

I’m the biggest storm and tchalla fan and I’m not crying that they’re not in a relationship. I just want good storytelling.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Yall keep bringing up storm and tchalla is married to okoye. Storm is with Killmonger, this is also a new universe tons of new readers that don’t know much about Storm, tchalla, okoye shuri etc, this is not the 616. Also I read #3 and ain’t nothing happened just great development and a few surprises. One again Bryan said he’s not putting them together lol chill relax and let the story develop.

I’m the biggest storm and tchalla fan and I’m not crying that they’re not in a relationship. I just want good storytelling.
    Okay, people are commenting about the current situation between Storm and T'Challa because of Marvel's track record with these two. It's understandable to have concerns given how Marvel has treated the relationship. There maybe a lot of readers who don't know their 616 history and there are just as many that do know and just don't want the foolishness brought into this title.

If Bryan Hill decides that he wants to dip his toes in the water, all we can do is hope that he gives it more respect than it's been given in the past. Maybe you're right, this is a new universe, maybe he will have BP and Okoye stay together or maybe he will put his own take on the BP/Storm relationship.

But no matter what he does, people have every right to make their opinions known whether, they are for them being together or against it. That's what the forum is for.

He never said he wasn't putting them together. In fact he made a pretty good hint that no matter the universe they always seem to get together. Maybe they wouldn't get together out the gate but he never said he wouldn't

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It may be a longshot because of the Prophesy but I really hope he doesn't put them together. I like that in this Universe their paths cross but they keep on walking in different directions. Those soothsayers could be just "stirring the pot" forcing a particular outcome where there isn't one. That's just me hoping it really isn't as predictable as Hill is making it out to be.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It may be a longshot because of the Prophesy but I really hope he doesn't put them together. I like that in this Universe their paths cross but they keep on walking in different directions. Those soothsayers could be just "stirring the pot" forcing a particular outcome where there isn't one. That's just me hoping it really isn't as predictable as Hill is making it out to be.
    I think so too. I don't think the whole "woman of light" is who T'Challa thinks it is because it is too predictable.

Bruh he never said he's not putting them together. What i recall him saying on a podcast interview was that he had a plot point (I'm thinking the whole child and woman of light thing) that he realized he needed to let cook and develop. So he said that what you think is going to happen (because it happened in the 616) may not happen OR IT MAY NOT HAPPEN FOR THE REASON YOU THINK IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. Ultimately though I believe he's going to put them back together, mainly because I think it's Hickmans mandate because they wouldn't let him do it in the 616 during secret wars or doing the Krakoa era.

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    It was 8 bucks on Kindle so I went ahead and bought it. Skimming through it, I think most folks in this thread will enjoy it. It's a rather substantial overview of the character from his start on through the Coates era. And even then, from what I can see, the Coates additions aren't as meaty as the other stuff it goes through. The book even tossed in some of the lore additions that Brian Hill added in his Killmonger mini series, which surprised me when I came across the page.
    Thanks! I was hesitant because of all the coats imagery on the front but picked it up on the recommendation and couldn't be any happier with it. Definitely a great peace for the collection

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think so too. I don't think the whole "woman of light" is who T'Challa thinks it is because it is too predictable.

Hill basically said it’s not who you think. So that is already out the window. Just let the story develop
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    Bruh he never said he's not putting them together. What i recall him saying on a podcast interview was that he had a plot point (I'm thinking the whole child and woman of light thing) that he realized he needed to let cook and develop. So he said that what you think is going to happen (because it happened in the 616) may not happen OR IT MAY NOT HAPPEN FOR THE REASON YOU THINK IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. Ultimately though I believe he's going to put them back together, mainly because I think it's Hickmans mandate because they wouldn't let him do it in the 616 during secret wars or doing the Krakoa era.
    From what it sounds like he not going to do it. lol he just want people to buy his book. That interview was super confusing
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Sounds like the solo BP game will be open world and still in the very early stages of development.

In a new job listing on EA's website, the publisher was found to be hiring a "Principal Sandbox Designer" for Marvel's Black Panther.
    "We're dedicated to delivering fans a definitive and authentic Black Panther experience, giving them more agency and control over their narrative than they have ever experienced in a story-driven video game," said Cliffhanger boss Kevin Stephens at the time of the game's reveal. "Wakanda is a rich superhero sandbox, and our mission is to develop an epic world for players who love Black Panther and want to explore the world of Wakanda as much as we do."
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/new...ea-open-world/

Quote Originally Posted by kingnomarch View Post
    sounds like the solo bp game will be open world and still in the very early stages of development.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/new...ea-open-world/
    say his name!!!! For bast sake just say tchalla somewhere
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

I read the UBP #3 it’s a slow read setting up for the next event, you find out a few things about Killmonger storm is barely in the book, worth getting
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Hill basically said it’s not who you think. So that is already out the window. Just let the story develop
    I believe that's what we're doing.