Page 61 of 134 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller..._zg_hrsr_books

Attachment 137743

When the book that’s a week old is outselling the one that came out today, it’s time to accept that you went in the wrong direction. Give 616 T’Challa a break for a while and next time he shows up, handwave it that he somehow got the throne back and everything went back to how it once was. Or HoX/PoX it with a time jump that gets everyone to a better status quo without explaining how they got from A to B.
    I can fix it in two issues with none of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with you from a fan perspective but If Hill isn't an option then Marvel will always go for a Black writer outside the comic book Industry with a following terrible sales be damned.
    I honestly don't think they will go that route again with 616 BP. If Marvel wanted to stay the course, they could have just kept Ridley or Ewing on the title and not cancel.

At this point, the premise is just as important as the writer. The evidence clearly shows that BP fans have had enough. If Marvel doesn't look at what's going on with UBP
    and course correct with 616, they can just keep preparing for failure.

Attachment 137743

When the book that’s a week old is outselling the one that came out today, it’s time to accept that you went in the wrong direction. Give 616 T’Challa a break for a while and next time he shows up, handwave it that he somehow got the throne back and everything went back to how it once was. Or HoX/PoX it with a time jump that gets everyone to a better status quo without explaining how they got from A to B.

I differ from you guys though in that I don’t value 616 over Ultimate, a good BP book is a good BP book for me.
    I agree, we want both. There's no reason we can't have two good BP solos at the same time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I agree, we want both. There's no reason we can't have two good BP solos at the same time.
    We’ll see how the Blood Hunt miniseries goes.

Attachment 137743

I differ from you guys though in that I don’t value 616 over Ultimate, a good BP book is a good BP book for me.
    It's because after 9 issues Eve can't get the point. It's dragging things out about these crime families no one cares about, and not Telling an exciting BP story. The action is dull and uninspired, and the pacing is glacial. How are we 9 issues in, when the big bad was introduced in issue 5 I think, and we still know about as much about him as we started, but thank goodness we got the scene of T'Challa telling Beisa she's his bestie who taught him how to be himself and helped him find his place in Birnin T'Chaka and THE WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I can fix it in two issues with none of that.
    Yeah it's not as difficult a task as people want to think. I would pay good money to see you put the work in on the main book with Hill killing it on UBP

Ultimate Member

We can fix this in one giant sized issue- Predator shows up to Wakanda to take on their best warrior. After he butchers Prime Minster and Tosin-T'Challa shows up and takes care of Predator.

Takes back the throne and NOBODY questions what his abilities again. He sends the Predator to Atlantis with a note "payback is a bytch".

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's because after 9 issues Eve can't get the point. It's dragging things out about these crime families no one cares about, and not Telling an exciting BP story. The action is dull and uninspired, and the pacing is glacial. How are we 9 issues in, when the big bad was introduced in issue 5 I think, and we still know about as much about him as we started, but thank goodness we got the scene of T'Challa telling Beisa she's his bestie who taught him how to be himself and helped him find his place in Birnin T'Chaka and THE WORLD.
    Yeah and who want to see a Wakandan city who is just an African version of Gotham city (and seriously, this shows a profound lack of imagination, to give this city the same problems and social dynamics as a city like Chicago. It's clear that it was written by someone who has never or very rarely left the United States.) This run manages to be both less bad than Ridley's and much more boring.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Yeah and who want to see a Wakandan city who is just an African version of Gotham city (and seriously, this shows a profound lack of imagination, to give this city the same problems and social dynamics as a city like Chicago. It's clear that it was written by someone who has never or very rarely left the United States.) This run manages to be both less bad than Ridley's and much more boring.
    These last several runs have just been low rent rip-offs of Batman story.

Ridley's story featured a botched version of Tower of Babel and here Ewing tried her hand at crime drama.

Which this is weird to say but Ewing is no Jeph Loeb. He did a way better job of immediately establishing and characterizing the Falcone's and general mob conflicts than Ewing did.

I feel like at this point it's clear that trying to sell Wakanda and it's world-building just isn't making people buy comics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

Facts Eve book is a snooze fest
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like at this point it's clear that trying to sell Wakanda and it's world-building just isn't making people buy comics.
    Ironically for all the stuff they keep copying from Batman they ignore the little important parts like the stellar character and focus on the big man himself.

These Black Panther books are like if someone kept writing more about Gotham than the actual character.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Especially if that world building sidelines or diminishes the main character.

As a Black Panther fan it does get tiring because look at history:

Jonathan Mayberry - (Good Run imo) but T’challa OFF the throne.

David Liss - (Great Run) but T’challa off the Throne.

Jonathan Hickman - T’challa off the throne

Coates - T’challa ON the throne but not wanting the responsibility.

Ridley - T’challa being peeled off the throne and told what a bad leader he is.

Ewing - T’challa back off the throne.

Incredible Member

Seems like the New F4 film is set in another universe and in the 60s.
    You know what would make a badass End credit or mid credit scene
    ��take a wild guess?