Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen Appreciation 2024.

My favourite version of Gwen Stacy as Spider-Gwen. Lucky to own two first printings of this, her debut as Spider-Gwen. This year is her tenth anniversary. Happy New Year where I'm from!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post

My favourite version of Gwen Stacy as Spider-Gwen. Lucky to own two first printings of this, her debut as Spider-Gwen. This year is her tenth anniversary. Happy New Year where I'm from!
    Thanks, and hoping this is the year she gets back on top, or at least on track.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Happy New Year to Gwen and her fans .

"He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Clayton Crain!

I think I liked non-Spider Gwen better TBh.

Spider-Gwen is a fun alt-u idea, but.... only then.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

I can respect that. She is generally better off in her own universe that could stand to be fleshed out a lot more, which was what Melissa Flores seemed to be doing in Smash before it turned out Smash was going to be a precursor to a new Spider-Gwen series, limited or ongoing, once again stranding her in 616.

I'm still waiting for a Spider-Gwen mugshot...

I think the problem is that if Ghost Spider Gwen gets out of the shadow of original Gwen she becomes a female superhero with spider powers among several others- although I think she is probably the best, but if she doesn't get out of the original's shadow then there's only so much they can do with her.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Fantastic Member

O.G. Gwen has always been so boring to me. She never came off as anything more than that old school dream girl archetype. Her death and the fallout thereafter was the most interesting thing about her imo. Spider-Gwen might have to bear the cross of being an alternate of a previously established character, but i see absolutely no problem with that granted we do get good writing that explores that conflict and makes her unique.

I mean, wasn't that the case with Ben, who most here in this forum love? I bet if his story didn't have those great moments of reflexion on themes of identity, existential dread and letting go of ego he would just be some other crazy concept in the mess that was the clone saga, and never as beloved.

Nothing against liking OG Gwen better, spider-man blue is one of my top 3 spidey stories after all, but SG to me is the better character for the 2020's.

OG Gwen had interesting goals and motives.

OG Gwen had interesting goals and motives.
    At least when Ditko originally conceived and wrote her, yeah. Having Gwen start off as Liz Allan 2.0, only to seriously warm up to Peter later, and arguably only reacting to him as she did out of the belief that he had slighted and ignored her when he was really just worried for his ailing Aunt May . . . I believe the Japanese would call her a "tsundere," and those do tend to be very popular over there, for whatever reason.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

So...either she has no spine or she's triple-jointed perhaps even quadruple jointed. I'll let you decide. (I am more surprised by how much this looks like JSC's art, even though it's not):

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    So...either she has no spine or she's triple-jointed perhaps even quadruple jointed. I'll let you decide. (I am more surprised by how much this looks like JSC's art, even though it's not):

Who has the biggest dump-truck in the Spider-Man universe...