Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Lord Ewing is serving Old Gods mythology epicness!!! And I am LIVING!!! loveloveLOVE! IM08
    Same here. Immortal Thor was a highlight today.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Lord Ewing is serving Old Gods mythology epicness!!! And I am LIVING!!! loveloveLOVE! IM08
    I really enjoyed this issue.

I am curious about Gaia though, what happened to her to make her....the way she is?

This mom drama is 10x better written and more meaningful than anything Aaron ever did with the Phoenix (or Freyja, frankly).

Just seeing this ancient, otherworldy, and foundational being challenge Thor and regale him with the history of the Earth...this is the stuff myths are made of.

Oh hey, the Demiurge! Of course Ewing couldn't resist throwing him in there.

Thor is totally going to have to face off against Atum, right?

So Thor has possibly an entirely dangerous pantheon on the loose because his mom thinks it's time to remind humanity of their place...but she's giving them a chance through Thor, her son.

And if this is about damage to the Earth, then of course Thor will just walk into a dangerous polluter like Roxxon and confront Agger personally...not knowing he's got Enchantress and Skurge on his side.

Ultimate Member

Isn't Atum still dead, though? He was killed in Secret Invasion, IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I am curious about Gaia though, what happened to her to make her....the way she is?
    Agreed. Definitely, it's worth exploring. It seems she has a penchant for inconsistent appearances/assumes different forms depending on whomever calls upon her...
    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-13-2024 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This mom drama is 10x better written and more meaningful than anything Aaron ever did with the Phoenix (or Freyja, frankly).

Just seeing this ancient, otherworldy, and foundational being challenge Thor and regale him with the history of the Earth...this is the stuff myths are made of.

So Thor has possibly an entirely dangerous pantheon on the loose because his mom thinks it's time to remind humanity of their place...but she's giving them a chance through Thor, her son.

And if this is about damage to the Earth, then of course Thor will just walk into a dangerous polluter like Roxxon and confront Agger personally...not knowing he's got Enchantress and Skurge on his side.
    Very much enjoyed this issue.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Isn't Atum still dead, though? He was killed in Secret Invasion, IIRC
    He showed up after that during Fraction’s post-Fear Itself arc where he was devouring dead gods somewhere outside of time and space.

It just felt very pointed how she said "you have never faced him as Atum."

I’ve been enjoying the series so far. It has moved a little slow at times, but overall, it’s great.
    Usually, when a fill-in artist comes in on a book it’s usually not as good as the main artist.
    However, Ibraim Roberson’s art is awesome. I loved his Gaia.
    But, I don’t understand why main artists can’t draw more than about 5 issues in a row before
    a fill-in comes in. It really breaks up the flow of the book. I even saw that 11 & 12 are being drawn by someone
    else. Is Coccolo still on the book? It’s really frustrating when this happens.

Astonishing Member

It just felt very pointed how she said "you have never faced him as Atum."
    Given the solicits say we are getting an arc with all the children of Odin, it's likely we are getting something similar with Thor facing all the children of Gaea including Atum/Demogorge.

This is what a Thor book should look like. And thank you Al Ewing for re-establishing who Thor's real mother is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Was the Minotaur's visage always with a flesh-free skull? Just curious. If not, how did it get that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Was the Minotaur's visage always with a flesh-free skull? Just curious. If not, how did it get that way?
    used to be just a bull-man, until Xemnu messed him up real bad in Ewing's own IMMORTAL HULK

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Love how Thor is destroying Dario's expensive stuff just to spite him.

Also as expected from a billonare he already has colony/doomsday prepping plans for himself the jerk.