Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Default May "Mayday" Parker/Spider-Girl Appreciation 2024

It's a New Year and with it comes...ULTIMATE MAYDAY!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

She'll alive in the main universe in my heart

Happy New Year to Mayday and her fans !

2023 saw Mayday make her big screen debut in Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse.

To mainstream audiences, this is Mayday and her dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    2023 saw Mayday make her big screen debut in Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse.

I can't wait until we get to see her again in Beyond the Spider-Verse.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Went from her world being used as event fodder to
    -Showing up in animation
    -Being one of the stars of Hickman’s new Ultimate Universe which is sure to get plenty of eyes on it
    -Probably going to show up in Spider-Man 3

Not a bad turn around for a character Quesada was determined to ensure would never come to be
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

It's a New Year and with it comes...ULTIMATE MAYDAY!
    Yes, indeed, it is a Spider-Girl World!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

So adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Went from her world being used as event fodder to
    -Showing up in animation
    -Being one of the stars of Hickman’s new Ultimate Universe which is sure to get plenty of eyes on it
    -Probably going to show up in Spider-Man 3

Not a bad turn around for a character Quesada was determined to ensure would never come to be
    Insomniac Games' Spider-Man 3? That said, very much cosigned.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It'd be great if you could do a tag team fight with May and April working together in the game

Spider-Girl Reading/Movie Guide
    Recommended Reading from the true 616
    The Clone Saga - DeFalco's run on ASM ending with #439 (skip Gathering of Five/The Final Chapter and move on to Mr. and Mrs. Spider-Man and then What If? #105 to begin your Spider-Girl reading experience proper)
    Spider-Man: The Lost Hunt #1-5 (TPB available)

Comprehensive May "Mayday" Parker Reading Guide:
    What If? vol.2 #105 (First Appearance)
    Spider-Girl vol.1 #0-100 (Issues #0-67, #1/2 and the 1999 Annual have been collected in the first four volumes of Spider-Girl: The Complete Collection in TPB format.)
    Fantastic Five vol.1 #3
    J2 #7
    The Buzz #1-3 (Collected in Spider-Girl Presents: Darkdevil and The Buzz TPB)
    Last Hero Standing #1-5 (There is a TPB for this series)
    Last Planet Standing #1-5 (There is a TPB for this series)
    Amazing Spider-Girl #0-30 (The entire series has been collected in a five-part TPB format)
    Avengers Next #1-5 (Collected in TPB format as Avengers Next: Rebirth)
    American Dream #4-5
    Spider-Man Family #1
    Mr. & Mrs. Spider-Man (Prequel Series that was printed as a back-up story in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man Family #1-4, it was later collected in the Spectacular Spider-Girl: Who Killed Gwen Reilly? TPB)
    The Spectacular Spider-Girl vol. 1 #1-11 (This was online only but was eventually reprinted in Amazing Spider-Man Family #1-8 and Web of Spider-Man vol.2 #1-4 before being collected in the Spectacular Spider-Girl: Who Killed Gwen Reilly? TPB)
    The Spectacular Spider-Girl vol.2 #1-4 (This was first printed in Web of Spider-Man vol.2 #5-7 and then later collected in the Spectacular Spider-Girl: The Last Stand TPB)
    Spider-Girl: The End #1 (Also collected in Spectacular Spider-Girl: The Last Stand TPB)
    Amazing Spider-Man vol.3 #8-15 (Collected in TPB and HC/Omnibus format as part of the original Spider-Verse series)
    Spider-Verse Team-Up #3 (Also collected in TPB and HC/Omnibus format as part of the original Spider-Verse series)
    Secret Wars: Spider-Island #1-5 (Collected in Warzones! Spider-Island TPB)
    Web Warriors #1-11 (Collected in two TPBs)
    Spider-Geddon #0-3 & #5 (Collected in TPB and HC/Omnibus format)
    Spider-Girls #1-3 (Collected in TPB as part of Spider-Geddon: Covert Ops and also in HC/Omnibus format)
    Ghost Spider #4 (Speaking cameo, but seeing as how its the Spider-Geddon aftermath issue I thought I would throw it in)
    Spider-Man vol. 4 #1-7 (Appears throughout the entire arc. TPB out now.)
    Spider-Verse Unlimited #26-29 (Online only...for now!)
    Edge of Spider-Verse (2023) #4 (TPB available)

MAYDAYS OF THE MULTIVERSE COMPREHENSIVE READING GUIDE

Earth-9997/Earth-1122 Maydays:
    Marvels X #2-3, #5-6 (Chronological First Appearance of Earth-9997 Mayday, comes in TPB format)
    Earth X #1, 3, 6, 8-11, X (Comes in TPB and HC/Omnibus Format)
    Universe X #0-12, X (Cameo by Earth-1122 Spider-Girl, comes in TPB and HC/Omnibus Format)
    Universe X: Beasts (Comes in TPB and HC/Omnibus Format)
    Universe X: Spidey (Comes in TPB and HC/Omnibus Format)
    Paradise X: Heralds #1-3 (First full appearance of Earth-1122 Spider-Girl, comes in TPB and HC/Omnibus Format)
    Paradise X #1-3, 6-8, 11, A (Comes in TPB and HC/Omnibus Format)
    Paradise X: Ragnarok #2 (Comes in TPB and HC/Omnibus Format)
    Uncanny Avengers vol.1 #14, 18-22 (last known full appearance of May "Venom" Parker, TPB format)

Other Realities:
    What If? vol.2 #31, 86 (#31 is the first and only appearance of the "proto-Mayday", a nameless daughter born to Peter and MJ who inherited The Enigma Force and her fathers Spider-Powers and #86 has a younger redheaded version of May who was raised by Ben Reilly)
    What If? House of M #1 (First and only appearance of Mayday's daughter, Anna.)
    Spider-Man: Clone Saga #5-6 (MJ is pregnant for most of the series, May is only seen in the final issues, comes in TPB format where it was renamed Spider-Man: The Real Clone Saga)
    Dark Ages #1-6 (comes in TPB format)
    X-Men & Spider-Man: Time's Arrow Book 3: The Future (Novel, first and only appearance of Earth-8410 Spider-Girl)
    Extreme Venomverse #5 (first and only appearance of Commander Mayday Parker, who leads Humanity's Evangelion-esque military forces against giant Venom symbiotes, TPB available)
    Ultimate Spider-Man vol.2 #1 - Ongoing (first appearance of Earth-6160 May Parker, who is a supporting cast member alongside her older brother Richard)

Movies
    Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Mayday's first major motion picture!)
    Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse (TBA)
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-02-2024 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yes, indeed, it is a Spider-Girl World!

So adorable.

Insomniac Games' Spider-Man 3? That said, very much cosigned.
    Yeah sorry forgot to specify “Insomniac”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

I am ready for an MC2 revival, the events of Spiderverse and the Other, most have some effects on her world. But she can have new adventures and new threats. I am down with anything.

spoilers:
    Spider-Man Unlimited #18: After all of the nonsense involving the Insectoid Six, Annie brings Mayday over from Earth-982 to spend Christmas with the RYV Parkers and best of all she's brought pie!
    end of spoilers

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-02-2024 at 01:45 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    spoilers:
    Spider-Man Unlimited #18: After all of the nonsense involving the Insectoid Six, Annie brings Mayday over from Earth-982 to spend Christmas with the RYV Parkers and best of all she's brought pie!
    end of spoilers

So sweet . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'm beyond happy we're still getting new Mayday and RYV content to ring in 2024.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Ooops. May got caught playing with the mysterious crystal ball that may or may not have a radioactive spider or hold precious memories inside of it.