Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yeah, but I kind of felt a bit bugged with Rogue's desrespect towards him. I know it is an X-Men cartoon, and they wanted to show that Rogue is supposed to be sassy and take no gruff from anyone (honestly, her busting up Hulkbuster equipment was, IMHO, a bit too much), but throwing Cap's shield away was almost a sacrilege.

Peace

PS: That said, I have to admit that X-Men'97 may be the first thing Marvel has put in Disney + that I've actually enjoyed. A lot.
    Rogue was in a state of grief and pain. Cap was clearly correct in what he said but all Rogue cares about is revenge.

Considering he later actions in the movie we are clearly intended to take her as becoming more unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Agreed. Heck at times even two should be enough. We need a second Avengers title that's much more brave with it's members. Avengers used to be a team for superheroes who can't hold solo titles. Now every member minus two carry solos plus the team book. Characters like Ant-Man (I miss Ant-Man, any version) could benefit form an Avengers spot. Same as Wonder Man, or Jocasta, or Hercules. The list goes on. Add new members too. When is Songbird getting her blasted membership?!
    Hell, not too many years ago, this issue would've ended with 3D Man rejoining the roster. Now, after months of deep-cover hypnosis, Delroy had "other things to do" and can't even join for a damn cookout.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has there been a story where Tony has to go up against all mystical/magic foes?
    He fought Malekith/Dark Elves once.
    Morgan Le Fey -- in his own book and in Avengers a couple of times.
    LOL! If it counts, how about Loki from Avengers #1 (1963):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-25-2024 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Water Spire View Post
    First Blood Hunt then we'll probably shift back to Kang, the tribulation events and Myrddin and the Twilight Court. However I hope we get two to four cooldown issues after Blood Hunt. Mackay's at his best when he's focused on character work over big action set pieces.

Nah, the pace we are at is fine IMHO. If feels like we are finally leaving the decompression era of comics behind us.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I hope his appearance opens the door for them to consider bringing back Avengers:EMH.
    Wasn't X-MEN: TAS in continuity with the 90s Iron Man cartoon and Avengers: United They Stand (where they didn't feature Cap, Thor, or Iron Man lol)?
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

United They Stand wasn't in the same universe as Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, X-Men, and Spider-Man. The Silver Surfer cartoon from around the same time was also a different universe.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

X-men tas
    Spider-man tas
    Spider-man unlimited (heads says takes place in last season right after wedding and before mary jane was confirmed a water clone)
    incredible hulk
    iron man
    fantastic four

are all shows in this universe.

Some say silver surfer and avengers 90s cartoon was also but not sure plus surfer ep 1-3 does not match the ff surfer two parter.

Cap was in spider-man tas, x-men and iron man and if canon one episode of avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Wasn't X-MEN: TAS in continuity with the 90s Iron Man cartoon and Avengers: United They Stand (where they didn't feature Cap, Thor, or Iron Man lol)?
    I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    My EMH line-up would be Cap, Wanda, Iron Man, Ms Marvel(Carol)/Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Black Panther and Hawkeye. I'd add Vision and Natasha if I could expand the team.
    She-Hulk would be, IMHO, awsome, but I would love to see the introduction of Hercules, Mônica Rambeau, Moondragon, Jocasta, Black Knight and others in EMH.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Agreed. Heck at times even two should be enough. We need a second Avengers title that's much more brave with it's members. Avengers used to be a team for superheroes who can't hold solo titles. Now every member minus two carry solos plus the team book. Characters like Ant-Man (I miss Ant-Man, any version) could benefit form an Avengers spot. Same as Wonder Man, or Jocasta, or Hercules. The list goes on. Add new members too. When is Songbird getting her blasted membership?!
    Melissa already has been an Avenger - Al Ewing's New Avengers run. But of course the rest of the team didn't fulfil the Avengers Forever prophecy, which requires Wasp Sr and Jack of Hearts to be among her teammates.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

And use some characters who haven't worked together on the team before.
    We need more reserve missions. In the late 90s or early 2000s they did a one shot story with the avengers lawyers dealing with a guy threating to sue over avengers smashing a car and in the story, we find out the avengers have "reserve missions" that are pretty much single missions that are a mix of avengers from every era put together to get used to working with each other in case they ever ended up on a team together or just practice so you don't get rusty on a team.

Anyone who was an avenger could be called even reserves, honory, and teams like great lakes could be brought in for the mission. Think the members that issue was cap, thor, hercules, beast (cat version), us agent in his judge dredd outfit, she-hulk and maybe one other member. More interesting is they talk like these reserve missions have been going on for a long time before this, but no writer ever used it after this issue. Neat idea and it was tucked away in a more lighthearted gag story one shot issue of avengers.

Even the Champions apparently had that system, though they only referenced it twice. Zub's #1 mentioned the Reinforcement Roster and named a few names (including Silk, Honey Badger, and a few others), and then one of the War of the Realms tie-in issues featured a newly recruited reinforcement, Hummingbird, formerly Scarlet Spider's sidekick and an ex-New Warrior. Could it be that the superhero teams have this kind of system as a matter of routine, and it just rarely gets mentioned nowadays because story arcs are so long and runs are so short compared to 30 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    She-Hulk would be, IMHO, awsome, but I would love to see the introduction of Hercules, Mônica Rambeau, Moondragon, Jocasta, Black Knight and others in EMH.

Peace
    I would definitely bring them in for Operation: Galactic Storm and then when it's over, I would create the West Coast Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    We need more reserve missions. In the late 90s or early 2000s they did a one shot story with the avengers lawyers dealing with a guy threating to sue over avengers smashing a car and in the story, we find out the avengers have "reserve missions" that are pretty much single missions that are a mix of avengers from every era put together to get used to working with each other in case they ever ended up on a team together or just practice so you don't get rusty on a team.

Anyone who was an avenger could be called even reserves, honory, and teams like great lakes could be brought in for the mission. Think the members that issue was cap, thor, hercules, beast (cat version), us agent in his judge dredd outfit, she-hulk and maybe one other member. More interesting is they talk like these reserve missions have been going on for a long time before this, but no writer ever used it after this issue. Neat idea and it was tucked away in a more lighthearted gag story one shot issue of avengers.
    If I'm not mistaken, that was actually the last issue of Busiek's run (#56, I think). It was a good story, IMHO, foccussing on the business aspect of being an Avenger, and all the red tape involved.

Peace

Speaking of older avengers stuff? What was the oldest avengers merch anyways with the avengers name?

Don't think none of these count.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]