Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This is why I think we’re getting at least 1 more team book sometime this year. The ending of Avengers Inc. almost broadcast that.
    I liked Avengers A.I. so a combination of that with Avengers Inc and Secret Avengers would be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Maybe the Avengers should expand to more than just 7-8 members so they can address all of those issues.

A specific team to handle threats.
    A specific team to handle clean up.
    A specific team for counseling.
    Another team to help rebuild.

And that doesn't necessarily mean all teams have to be made up entirely of super-heroes. I'm sure that there can be roles for civilians as well, something like they had when their headquarters was on Avengers Island.
    Wouldn't mind multiple teams of Avengers with specific goal sets. We've seen teams take on more "black ops" roles with Secret Avengers, but something akin to rescue, rebuilding, and counseling would be cool.

Of course, we can take it a couple of steps further. A street Avengers team, a cosmic team, a magical team, etc. Or perhaps a team headed by a veteran or noteworthy Avenger. A Thor-led team, an Iron Man led one, a Hawkeye one, a Wasp led one, etc. Yeah, the minuses with all of this would be a dilution of the Avengers. I've also said in the past that not all superheroics in the Marvel Unverse should be under the auspices of the Avengers. But still it would be cool to see how Thor handles leadership.

Anyway, the preview looks great. From it, I think it's safe to say that the Ashen Combine will come back. I'm all for that. We see some interaction amongst the team members and the "ahem" hints at good old Jarvis coming back.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

They could pull a justice league unlimited and have about 40 members and pull an 80s mask cartoon or gijoe and call in the members needed for that mission that works best. A space mission? Call in thor or pulsur. Sea mission? Call stingray. Have to deal with a world leader talks? Call black panther to talk to the leader of that country. Bad guy is a spidey bad guy? Better get spidey here. Suicide mission we may not live through. Call in mr immortal.

Nobody's currently using the Pulsar name, I think - it's the former name of Genis-Vell and Monica Rambeau - Genis went back to Captain Marvel and Monica's calling herself Photon currently.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This is why I think we’re getting at least 1 more team book sometime this year. The ending of Avengers Inc. almost broadcast that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, probably around the same time as the X-Men relaunch.
    And once MacKay's Blood Hunt is over, with the new Avengers editor Wil Moss free to do his own thing at this point and Tom Brevoort getting very busy with the X-titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Wouldn't mind multiple teams of Avengers with specific goal sets. We've seen teams take on more "black ops" roles with Secret Avengers, but something akin to rescue, rebuilding, and counseling would be cool.

Of course, we can take it a couple of steps further. A street Avengers team, a cosmic team, a magical team, etc. Or perhaps a team headed by a veteran or noteworthy Avenger. A Thor-led team, an Iron Man led one, a Hawkeye one, a Wasp led one, etc. Yeah, the minuses with all of this would be a dilution of the Avengers. I've also said in the past that not all superheroics in the Marvel Unverse should be under the auspices of the Avengers. But still it would be cool to see how Thor handles leadership.

Anyway, the preview looks great. From it, I think it's safe to say that the Ashen Combine will come back. I'm all for that. We see some interaction amongst the team members and the "ahem" hints at good old Jarvis coming back.
    Yeah, I liked it when they had the core team and brought in reservists for specific missions. I wouldn't mind another event like Operation: Galactic Storm where there were various teams each with their own specific mission to handle.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, I liked it when they had the core team and brought in reservists for specific missions. I wouldn't mind another event like Operation: Galactic Storm where there were various teams each with their own specific mission to handle.
    I mean it's very true. The moment when X-books use their B-C-listed heroes in any books more than the Avengers side. It's time to quickly change the initiative as soon as possible.

He was last used in the Thunderbolts series with Luke Cage and Monica Rambeau. In the Black Widow and Hawkeye series he'll actually still have his Thunderbolts costume (likewise, Widow has her current symbiote costume from Venom). Avengers Inc just handwaved that Thunderbolts team away - when Jan summoned a team, Luke said if anyone asks it's a Thunderbolts operation - the last - but "Avengers Assemble, baby". It's set before Gang War, where Luke fights himself having apparently disbanded his team.
    OMG that was 15 months gap from the last issue of Thunderbolts mini to Black Widow & Hawkeye anniversary mini. I don't want to wait another 15 months after the latter mini ended.
    Last edited by LAWtoyoto 432; 03-03-2024 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    They could pull a justice league unlimited and have about 40 members and pull an 80s mask cartoon or gijoe and call in the members needed for that mission that works best. A space mission? Call in thor or pulsur. Sea mission? Call stingray. Have to deal with a world leader talks? Call black panther to talk to the leader of that country. Bad guy is a spidey bad guy? Better get spidey here. Suicide mission we may not live through. Call in mr immortal.
    For the amount of character work going into this run they may as well make it an Unlimited book.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

That is how you get the same problem the x office has where they're pushing like 8 books at once plus various minis. At best I'll take 2 Avengers books. Maybe 3 if the quality is really good. For now I'm satisfied with Mackay's run even if he could do with sprucing up the character development and group interaction section of the book. And I'll take less of the listening to the Avengers are cops bunch.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Water Spire View Post
    That is how you get the same problem the x office has where they're pushing like 8 books at once plus various minis. At best I'll take 2 Avengers books. Maybe 3 if the quality is really good. For now I'm satisfied with Mackay's run even if he could do with sprucing up the character development and group interaction section of the book. And I'll take less of the listening to the Avengers are cops bunch.
    I would go with a minimum of 3 Avengers books. East Coast, West Coast and bring back Avengers Spotlight to do stories of members who aren't active.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Good call. DC recently did a Tales of the Titans mini, each issue being a different character. Four issues, because the other three team members already had books (Nightwing and Flash have ongoings and Cyborg had a mini at the time, so it was Starfire, Raven, Donna Troy and Beast Boy who got an issue each). Avengers could do something similar, yes. Anyone who doesn't have their own book could get an issue dedicated to them. One issue could catch up with Vision and his daughter Viv (he's on the current team but has no solo). Another could be one or both Hawkeyes, another one could be Quicksilver, another could be Valkyrie. Anyone who's been an Avenger but isn't also an X-Man would fit (X-Men could have it's own version).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would go with a minimum of 3 Avengers books. East Coast, West Coast and bring back Avengers Spotlight to do stories of members who aren't active.
    Yeah, there are too many Avengers running around to only have one book. I would have:

Avengers
    Secret Avengers
    Young Avengers

For me--

Avengers--main team

Avengers reserves--side team that like defenders has a rotating team with one or two mains each mission. Have a wasp or a hawkeye as a main and switch d-men in one mission for crystal in the next. Any past member can be called even oddball members like flatman or yellowjacket (rita) or 3-d man. New members in main team and this is all past members only.

Avengers spotlight--a single member story each few issues.

Good call. DC recently did a Tales of the Titans mini, each issue being a different character. Four issues, because the other three team members already had books (Nightwing and Flash have ongoings and Cyborg had a mini at the time, so it was Starfire, Raven, Donna Troy and Beast Boy who got an issue each). Avengers could do something similar, yes. Anyone who doesn't have their own book could get an issue dedicated to them. One issue could catch up with Vision and his daughter Viv (he's on the current team but has no solo). Another could be one or both Hawkeyes, another one could be Quicksilver, another could be Valkyrie. Anyone who's been an Avenger but isn't also an X-Man would fit (X-Men could have it's own version).
    Yeah, just recently we've had a backup in the main title for Firebird and Stingray got some love in the recent FF special. Those are two of my top contenders for getting starring roles in a Spotlight series, never mind the line-ups of a new team, be it permanent fixtures or mission-centric ones.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Spotlight won't work because anthologies don't sell. If there was some way to create an ongoing with a regular creative crew -- where the team membership was mostly fluid it could work. Something like Avengers Task Force. Justice League had a book like that once, but it was basically a C-team of heroes -- in ugly uniforms and uninteresting stories. I think that's where Triumph (the blond hero, not the dog comic) debuted -- and fans hated him.