Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Urge View Post
    i'm guessing the third season would have done civil war probably
    Nah. leave Civil War for a forth or fith season. There are still many "classic" Avengers tales they could adapt: The Celestial Madonna, The Serpent Crown saga, Assault on Olympus, The Exemplars, The Morgan Conquest, The Gatherers Saga, maybe even The Crossing (a chance to get it right?), before they get to Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's the whole reason Uncanny Avengers existed - they realised they hadn't done enough to help the mutants despite several mutants being Avengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    And have the Uncanny Avengers really made that much of a difference? When Mutants are still hated and hunted? I realize that's the whole theme of X-Men, but honestly it hasn't changed all that much for the Mutants. This ultimately boils down to it being weird having the X-Men and literally any other super hero team/group/family/species in the same community. Where are the Sentinels designed for Asgardians or gamma Hulks?
    I really don't like the Unity Squad idea. I think it's so stupid. For me, Marvel has basically killed any enthusiasm I could have had for the X-books (and there were many characters there I REALLY enjoyed. Too bad they've become unrecognizable). So, I'm happy with them not crossing paths with the Avengers very often.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    "Doc" Bright (R.I.P.)

My single favorite Avengers story.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Nah. leave Civil War for a forth or fith season. There are still many "classic" Avengers tales they could adapt: The Celestial Madonna, The Serpent Crown saga, Assault on Olympus, The Exemplars, The Morgan Conquest, The Gatherers Saga, maybe even The Crossing (a chance to get it right?), before they get to Civil War.

Peace
    The would have to do a lot of work to clean up The Crossing. A couple of underrated storylines that could tackle is The Yesterday Quest, The Elementals, the whole sequence with the Grim Reaper putting the team on trail following that up with the Bride of Ultron.

There are too many good storylines for them not to think about revisiting.

What the heck is Beast wearing there? I thought he usually just wore shorts, ever since he became blue and furry.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    That was his second X-Factor uniform. After he re-Beasted from hairless human. '88-ish, I think?
    The X-FACTOR team got new uniforms from a thankful designer they rescued at the end of FALL OF THE MUTANTS and Hank re-Beasted soon thereafter and continued wearing the brown and gold suit for a time.

Though he classically wears a version of his briefs when in furry mode, he does occasionally have a sartorial detour. (X-MEN:REVOLUTION exampled)
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

spoilers:
    Orchis is pretty much a joke and the Stark Sentinels are basically easily broken toys but it's still pretty satisfying watching the X-Men clown on them. And more non-lethally than the X-Men, though I don't think Mackay is as bloodthirsty as Duggan can be.

I wonder if there's more going on with 3D Man here or if he's really jumped ship, they referenced him killing Crusader in Secret Invasion as the big break between him and the other heroes.

Mackay's T'Challa continues to be on-point.

Carol transforming into Yuna was surprising, didn't expect them to acknowledge that. And she gets a free guest appearance in an Avengers book, not many supporting characters or characters who've only existed for, like, 4 months can say that.
    end of spoilers

Enjoyed this month's issue. Tony chose the right time to strike and we see the Avengers hitting Orochi quickly at different times and places. The Avengers aren't a nation, but they have just enough Mighty Avengers and Secret Avengers (nice shout out's by the way) to hurt Orochi.

As we've seen before, the issue is Avengers standing tall. However, there were character moments. I found myself interested in 3-D Man and his reaction. I'm on the fence on whether or not he's really against the Avengers or if this is deep cover. Hopefully we'll see an answer next issue.

My only complaint? Iron Man's new armor. I'm still trying to get a clear image of it in my head and understand how it works. It's supposed to be very powerful, but ultimately it seems too clunky for me.

Overall, I enjoyed the issue. Looking forward to the next one.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Enjoyed this month's issue. Tony chose the right time to strike and we see the Avengers hitting Orochi quickly at different times and places. The Avengers aren't a nation, but they have just enough Mighty Avengers and Secret Avengers (nice shout out's by the way) to hurt Orochi.

As we've seen before, the issue is Avengers standing tall. However, there were character moments. I found myself interested in 3-D Man and his reaction. I'm on the fence on whether or not he's really against the Avengers or if this is deep cover. Hopefully we'll see an answer next issue.

My only complaint? Iron Man's new armor. I'm still trying to get a clear image of it in my head and understand how it works. It's supposed to be very powerful, but ultimately it seems too clunky for me.

Overall, I enjoyed the issue. Looking forward to the next one.
    He was laying it on so thick that I genuinely think he's deep cover.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yupp. That's my read too. His descriptions of the Avengers and what they are capable of doing were glowing.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I guess if the X-Men can have a mole in Orchis, why can't the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The would have to do a lot of work to clean up The Crossing. A couple of underrated storylines that could tackle is The Yesterday Quest, The Elementals, the whole sequence with the Grim Reaper putting the team on trail following that up with the Bride of Ultron.

There are too many good storylines for them not to think about revisiting.
    The basic premiss of the Crossing is very simpkle and straightfoward. The Avengers are betrayed by one of their own, a founding member at that, who works for Kang, intent of having his revenge on the team for the percieved ills suffered by his "family." Editorial "wisely" (sarcasm Alert!!!!!) decided that it was a perfect opportunity to "reinvent" Tony for modern audiences, giving us Teen Tony, not undestanding that Tony's baggage is what makes him intresting and a hero. However, the original story itself offeres a, IMHO, much better solution to the whole issue. The Cybermancer that aids Iron Man in the pages of Force Works is revealed as not being "our" Suzi End, but an alternate version that comes from a reality where Kang had broken and co-opted Iron Man to his side. What if he hadn't been able to do the same with our reality's Tony Stark? What if Kang had to substitute him with the Iron Man from Cybermancer's dark reality? IMHO, this would have given us an "evil" Iron Man, who would always haunt Tony and the Avengers, and, at the same time, mantain our heroic version, which would have to be rescued from the dark alternate world.

Peace

spoilers:
    I really really really enjoyed the artwork in the new Avengers issue. It was candy to my eyes. This was mostly a action issue but I had a good time with it. I enjoyed Vision's comment on "three Avengers against all those Orchi guys isn't fair" It was amusing. I liked the way MODOK was drawn. Truthfully I don't get to read a lot of material with him in it so maybe it's not his best look, but I liked it. The teamwork in the battles were great. I love when teams us actual teammup attacks and stuff. I wanna see more of that in my team books. And what is up with 3D Man? That traitor! I guess we'll have to see what he's up to. All around fun issue.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, I guess if the X-Men can have a mole in Orchis, why can't the Avengers.
    Could be linked of course. The X-Men's mole happens to be an ex-Avenger - who was on the same team as the man then known as Triathlon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    The basic premiss of the Crossing is very simpkle and straightfoward. The Avengers are betrayed by one of their own, a founding member at that, who works for Kang, intent of having his revenge on the team for the percieved ills suffered by his "family." Editorial "wisely" (sarcasm Alert!!!!!) decided that it was a perfect opportunity to "reinvent" Tony for modern audiences, giving us Teen Tony, not undestanding that Tony's baggage is what makes him intresting and a hero. However, the original story itself offeres a, IMHO, much better solution to the whole issue. The Cybermancer that aids Iron Man in the pages of Force Works is revealed as not being "our" Suzi End, but an alternate version that comes from a reality where Kang had broken and co-opted Iron Man to his side. What if he hadn't been able to do the same with our reality's Tony Stark? What if Kang had to substitute him with the Iron Man from Cybermancer's dark reality? IMHO, this would have given us an "evil" Iron Man, who would always haunt Tony and the Avengers, and, at the same time, mantain our heroic version, which would have to be rescued from the dark alternate world.

Peace
    I'm sure there is a work-around The Crossing but it hurts man. It hurts.

Could be linked of course. The X-Men's mole happens to be an ex-Avenger - who was on the same team as the man then known as Triathlon.
    It would have been nice if they had Angelica and Delroy subtley communicating with each other instead of just showing him as a member of Orchis with no backstory whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    I miss Joe Mad art.
    Yup. Loved his redesign for Wanda. It's the inspiration for her current in some ways. She was going one of the strong parts of the Crossing - nuff said- and was in a good place heading into Onslaught. Then the Liefeld reboot ......I often wonder if her agency would have just continued to grow as it had been post AWC/Force Works and HoM would have never seen the light of day. Interestingly I lived blocks from a very old established comic shop a bit back and the owner told me that Avengers actually picked up dramatically in popularity and sold very well during the Crossing and post Crossing, haha despite Crossing's many inconsistencies, picked up more and more. He said the Liefeld reboot sold well - but he hated it - and then it lost steam whereas Avengers had been gaining steam previously. Yes Wasp would have been reversed back to normal. She did look a bit like a housefly......
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 04-10-2024 at 02:12 PM.