Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has there been a story where Tony has to go up against all mystical/magic foes?
    He fought Malekith/Dark Elves once.

He fought a female goddess in the marvel superhoroes 80s and 90s series but leaves peacefully with her as she offered him power in return to his life of service and he tells her "he can't afford it" and she smiles and lets him go. Her minions all had magic also and he fought them.

Of course there is the dr doom king arthur stories also with merlin and morgan and magic and west coast avengers he fought demons and magic as well as avengers vol 3 1-4.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He fought Malekith/Dark Elves once.
    Morgan Le Fey -- in his own book and in Avengers a couple of times.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Today's issue 13 was another really good and surprising read. A lot of 3-D Man fans are breathing sighs of relief. And I like T'Challa's part/moment in that plot.

But...bloody hell...they don't even have time to grab a quick salad...LOL
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-24-2024 at 10:03 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

It's a bookend for Brevoort's run as editor. It finished with this issue, and his run started with the Busiek/Perez run which Delroy first appeared in.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

spoilers:

Delroy being a deep-cover double-agent with Wakandan hypnosis is just so...comics. I guess I'm just glad they didn't really turn 3D-Man into a villain.

The way Vision said Wanda's name when he saw her...the feels.

I love watching the Avengers busting up so many Sentinels. If this run is good about one thing is making the Avengers look like a competent and powerhouse team.

It was also great to see the team close out with some downtime and Sam Wilson cooking, though it's so Marvel to finish one event and get dragged into another. Here comes Blood Hunt!
    end of spoilers

This issue felt good. The action was on point. I kept saying to myself that this was a meaner, leaner team than in the past. The team is smaller than in past iterations, but wow, Scarlet Witch, Thor, Vision, and Iron Man really handled those Sentinels.

As for 3-D Man, yeah I'm breathing a sigh of relief. We talked before how this was probably a deep cover. The issue answered how it was a deep cover. And that was pretty brilliant by the way. Huge respect for 3-D Man and Black Panther.

And yeah, the team didn't even get a chance for a salad. From Sentinels to vampires. Oh boy, the danger in the lives of the Avengers comes fast and furious.

Finally, a huge shout out to this being Brevoort's last issue of Avengers. As someone who jumped on board the Avengers around the time he picked up the editorial reins of the title, I smiled as he talked about the changes, the milestones, and the creators. Was it really nearly 30 years ago that Busiek and Perez started their run? How far have the Avengers come in that time? Wish I got that wraparound cover. Always wanted to know what was on the other side of Avengers #1.

This was a solid, comfortable issue. Just great all around.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    This issue felt good. The action was on point. I kept saying to myself that this was a meaner, leaner team than in the past. The team is smaller than in past iterations, but wow, Scarlet Witch, Thor, Vision, and Iron Man really handled those Sentinels.

As for 3-D Man, yeah I'm breathing a sigh of relief. We talked before how this was probably a deep cover. The issue answered how it was a deep cover. And that was pretty brilliant by the way. Huge respect for 3-D Man and Black Panther.

And yeah, the team didn't even get a chance for a salad. From Sentinels to vampires. Oh boy, the danger in the lives of the Avengers comes fast and furious.

Finally, a huge shout out to this being Brevoort's last issue of Avengers. As someone who jumped on board the Avengers around the time he picked up the editorial reins of the title, I smiled as he talked about the changes, the milestones, and the creators. Was it really nearly 30 years ago that Busiek and Perez started their run? How far have the Avengers come in that time? Wish I got that wraparound cover. Always wanted to know what was on the other side of Avengers #1.

This was a solid, comfortable issue. Just great all around.
    Aren't most Avengers rosters 7-8 members?

so what are the changes coming in the next arc?

Still dealing with Kang?

Enjoyed this issue both story and art wise. Glad to see Tony’s long term planning come to fruition. I knew 3D Man was a cover. I just thought it was for Stark. Great move on T’Challa’s part. This Avenger teamed only needed to strike once and with perfect timing to shut down Orchsis. Let’s see what Blood Hunt brings.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Finally, a huge shout out to this being Brevoort's last issue of Avengers.
    This. Too bad the X-MEN crapped the bed so badly that he was yanked off Avengers to get the X-MEN back on track.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Amazing Member

First Blood Hunt then we'll probably shift back to Kang, the tribulation events and Myrddin and the Twilight Court. However I hope we get two to four cooldown issues after Blood Hunt. Mackay's at his best when he's focused on character work over big action set pieces.

Amazing Member

Is that the case? I believe it's because the X-Men are incoming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and as Brevoort was Avengers editor during their prime era in the MCU, they've shifted him to spearhead X-Men for their era in the MCU and probably to prep the way.

Cap was in X-Men '97 and they didn't make him a fascist douche this time.

Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Cap was in X-Men '97 and they didn't make him a fascist douche this time.

Bravo.
    Yeah, but I kind of felt a bit bugged with Rogue's desrespect towards him. I know it is an X-Men cartoon, and they wanted to show that Rogue is supposed to be sassy and take no gruff from anyone (honestly, her busting up Hulkbuster equipment was, IMHO, a bit too much), but throwing Cap's shield away was almost a sacrilege.

Peace

PS: That said, I have to admit that X-Men'97 may be the first thing Marvel has put in Disney + that I've actually enjoyed. A lot.