Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast

To be fair, those have Spider-Man on them, and he wasn't an Avenger back then. Plus, they couldn't market anything under the Avengers name in the UK because of Steed and Peel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aren't most Avengers rosters 7-8 members?
    It has varied over the years. In the 80s I think it was 6.
    I know, right?! During The Korvac Saga, it was close to twenty members (even if you didn't include The Guardians of the Galaxy, of course... ):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-26-2024 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Ah yes, the famous "Avengers take the bus" issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, that was actually the last issue of Busiek's run (#56, I think). It was a good story, IMHO, focusing on the business aspect of being an Avenger, and all the red tape involved.

Peace
    To the utmost, I agree. Sad to see it end, but it ended on a high-note (IMHO):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Some thoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aren't most Avengers rosters 7-8 members?
    Very true. I guess I had Hickman's and Aaron's runs in mind while reading this. In those previous runs, there seemed to be a lot going on, either because of too many members or too much action. Issue #13 seemed to be a good blend of members and action. It was exciting but didn't feel overwhelming.

- As for Cap's appearance in the latest X-Men episode, I liked it. X-Men: TAS was usually brief with it's non-mutant hero cameos. A webline here, or Black Panther crouched on a rock there. Cap has a unique place in X-Men: TAS though, because his appearance wasn't a blink and you'll miss it kind of thing. Indeed, one of my favorite X-Men episodes is "Old Soldiers," the one that had a pre-Weapon X Wolverine team up with Cap during WWII. That was a good Cap episode. So, this X-Men '97 harkened back to it. (I was surprised that the episode mentioned Hulk and had General Ross in this also.)

Still, it could have been better. I would have liked to have seen Cap doing something besides talking. I was a little confused over how Rogue found him. Cap indirectly mentioned the Avengers in this too, right?

- As for new Avengers teams featuring the lesser known characters, I'm always down for that. Series and stories where the lesser know characters are given a spotlight are my favorites. And yeah, I miss reading about honorary and reserve members. Wouldn't mind having an Avengers West Coast team again.

- Speaking of reserve members, I've really been enjoying this trade:

It's the Avengers Solo series which is anchored by Hawkeye but also features a back up story with different Avengers. Check it out!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Hell, not too many years ago, this issue would've ended with 3D Man rejoining the roster. Now, after months of deep-cover hypnosis, Delroy had "other things to do" and can't even join for a damn cookout.
    That is a real shame. He could have been a part of the Emergency Response Team.

Yeah, they do only have five members so there is room for more.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! During The Korvac Saga, it was close to twenty members (even if you didn't include The Guardians of the Galaxy, of course... ):

LOL were the Avengers really ready to take the bus? I need to read that issue fast.

I’m relived that 3D Man wasn’t character assassinated, but the way he just left out of nowhere was disappointing.
    I hope McKay has more plans for him. I’m honestly not a fan of his 3D Man look, but the character deserves some spotlight.
    Would you guys also prefer if he went back to his original identity?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I’m relived that 3D Man wasn’t character assassinated, but the way he just left out of nowhere was disappointing.
    I hope McKay has more plans for him. I’m honestly not a fan of his 3D Man look, but the character deserves some spotlight.
    Got to agree with this...even if they don't bring him onto the team...to leave him out of the cook out was just stupid.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Extraordinary Member

I certainly would.

Yes, simply because Triathlon was unique to him, whereas 3-D Man is a legacy title (albeit a retconned one - the original is a 1950s hero created in the 1970s, so a late golden age hero published in the bronze age).

I tnink I would. Triathlon is a pretty cool name, IMHO. At the very least, I wish he'd go back to his second costume, which I found better than the revamped 3-D Man one.

Peace

To bring him back in a major storyline and in a major way like this, you'd think they have plans for Delroy. It's harn to see him being put back on the shelf like this.

They really need a second Avengers title. There's just too many characters lying in limbo.

And yes, Triathalon is much better.

I can't bring myself to call him 3D-Man. Delroy will always be Triathlon to me.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel