Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Spotlight won't work because anthologies don't sell. If there was some way to create an ongoing with a regular creative crew -- where the team membership was mostly fluid it could work. Something like Avengers Task Force. Justice League had a book like that once, but it was basically a C-team of heroes -- in ugly uniforms and uninteresting stories. I think that's where Triumph (the blond hero, not the dog comic) debuted -- and fans hated him.
    I mean what he means that maybe spotlight could work if it releases in Marvel Unlimited Infinity comics like the Marvel's Voice Infinity Comics which serves as an anthology for the diversity character spotlight

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I mean what he means that maybe spotlight could work if it releases in Marvel Unlimited Infinity comics like the Marvel's Voice Infinity Comics which serves as an anthology for the diversity character spotlight
    I want the old format. Split book with 2 stories. Maybe keep Hawkeye as the lead story every issue. But also have the the 2nd issue be multi issue stories for the 2nd character.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    The Avengers title on Unlimited actually did previously work like that, with each arc focusing on different characters, but it relaunched a few months ago and now uses McKay's roster!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They could do something like they did with No Surrender. Just do a mini/maxi-series with a different line-up than the main team and have then take on some huge threat.

Some teams/villains that I'd like to see them bring back to face off against:

The Cosmic Lethal Legion
    The Black Order
    A new Masters of Evil
    The Super Adaptoid
    Arsenal
    The Kree Lunatic Legion

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Avengers title on Unlimited actually did previously work like that, with each arc focusing on different characters, but it relaunched a few months ago and now uses McKay's roster!
    Avengers Editor thinks we are dumb so if there are two Avengers runs, let just say we can use the same roster, how about that? Oh, great idea. 🤦

NO, ABSOLUTE NOT!! Besides, why do they think it's a GREAT IDEA AT ALL when readers would rather support the physical print run.

It's like selling Coca-Cola with the same flavor from two different salesmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Arsenal
    OMG! Totally agree!! Always thought that guy had potential (IMHO):
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

From the latest Avengers issue 11, Thor is such a stand-up guy, all is forgiven for that uhhh....... yeah lets just forget about it. Water under the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    From the latest Avengers issue 11, Thor is such a stand-up guy, all is forgiven for that uhhh....... yeah lets just forget about it. Water under the bridge.

I loved seeing this moment between kings.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Nice ! Thor has always been the forgiving sort and it's good to see him recognize BP as an equal king.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Nice ! Thor has always been the forgiving sort and it's good to see him recognize BP as an equal king.
    Some have to take a beating and walk through the mud first before they earn Thor's forgiveness. Isn't that right, Tony?

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Some have to take a beating and walk through the mud first before they earn Thor's forgiveness. Isn't that right, Tony?
    Well to be fair, Tony and Reed did create a clone of Thor using his DNA. That's a pretty big deal and I say this as a fan of Tony.

Thor was also the first one to come to Tony's defense after he took control of the IG when they were fighting The Hood.

As a huge fan of both characters, it was great seeing this exchange. Seems at least 1 book is trying to move away from the mess that was a dumpster fire of a run.

Not a fan of the art however....
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Not a fan of the art however....
    Yeah, I'm not either. Thor looks like Asterix with that winged helmet on his head. All that is missing is the mustache. If only Immonen could also take over the interiors.

Peace

Glad to see Carol speaking out about not wanting to be jailers. While I get a traditional prison isn’t an option right now I’ve always hated heroes holding prisoners, especially without a trial or anything. Like if I happen to get by extradimensional comic energy and have a bad day am I going to end up indefinitely imprisoned in the Avengers basement ?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Glad to see Carol speaking out about not wanting to be jailers. While I get a traditional prison isn’t an option right now I’ve always hated heroes holding prisoners, especially without a trial or anything. Like if I happen to get by extradimensional comic energy and have a bad day am I going to end up indefinitely imprisoned in the Avengers basement ?
    These aren't your regular bloke who got some kind of cosmic/radiation/whatever accident though. The Ashen Combine slaughtered entire cities across realities and I'm guessing they didn't pick and choose a few per world and leave the rest behind. Mackay using them to push this plot point is laughable. I mean how do you even put to trial a being that's at least racked up the body count of several worlds as a collective let alone five of them?