Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Okay, now Carol is taking the "we're not cops" thing a bit too far. Though it's probably smart not to keep dangerous villains in your headquarters indefinitely.

Oh, and establishing the Avengers have been holding back but wanting to get involved...which they will in a few issues.

I'm guessing the "ahem" is Jarvis .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Okay, now Carol is taking the "we're not cops" thing a bit too far. Though it's probably smart not to keep dangerous villains in your headquarters indefinitely.

Oh, and establishing the Avengers have been holding back but wanting to get involved...which they will in a few issues.

curious. essentially the Avengers are cops, and firefighters, and paramedics.. with a global/galactic outreach.

Amazing Member

I don't get it. These are monsters that have annihilated entire cities across many dimensions. This isn't some down on his luck baddie robbing a bank who just needs a break. The Ashen Combine should be imprisoned with no chance of being released. I'd love it if Carol did try giving them a chance only for them to immediately go back to city destroying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    curious. essentially the Avengers are cops, and firefighters, and paramedics.. with a global/galactic outreach.
    Carol wants to focus more on the firefighter part. And who can blame her? She must be aware of the Champions' origin - Kamala quit the Avengers because under Sam Wilson's leadership, they just did the cop part, then left the clean-up to the civilians. They were too focused on fighting villains instead of helping people. Carol doesn't want her version of the team to be like that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Isn't that damage controls job?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Carol wants to focus more on the firefighter part. And who can blame her? She must be aware of the Champions' origin - Kamala quit the Avengers because under Sam Wilson's leadership, they just did the cop part, then left the clean-up to the civilians. They were too focused on fighting villains instead of helping people. Carol doesn't want her version of the team to be like that.
    Of course that's also a "depending on the writer" type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Spire View Post
    I don't get it. These are monsters that have annihilated entire cities across many dimensions. This isn't some down on his luck baddie robbing a bank who just needs a break. The Ashen Combine should be imprisoned with no chance of being released. I'd love it if Carol did try giving them a chance only for them to immediately go back to city destroying.
    Yeah, I'm not sure what Carol thinks they should do with the Ashen Combine. They can't just release them and there is no intergalactic/pan-dimensional court to hold them accountable.

The best thing right now is to keep them on ice until they can figure out the long-term solution. As far as helping the X-Men against Orchis, this is the problem you have when creating events for one particular corner of the MU. You have to make excuses for why the other heroes aren't helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe the Avengers should expand to more than just 7-8 members so they can address all of those issues.

A specific team to handle threats.
    A specific team to handle clean up.
    A specific team for counseling.
    Another team to help rebuild.

And that doesn't necessarily mean all teams have to be made up entirely of super-heroes. I'm sure that there can be roles for civilians as well, something like they had when their headquarters was on Avengers Island.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Tony Stark like married to Emma Frost right now? Shouldn't he be jumping to help the X-Men or something? This is where that multiple books thing comes into play. The Avengers to me works best with heroes not having their own solo stories going on at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Tony Stark like married to Emma Frost right now? Shouldn't he be jumping to help the X-Men or something? This is where that multiple books thing comes into play. The Avengers to me works best with heroes not having their own solo stories going on at the same time.
    Well, he's married to her under an assumed identity so it's not precisely legal, but Tony's been making his own efforts in his solo book.

He is. He's currently working with Emma and the X-Men to take down Feilong and Orchis.

Well, he's married to her under an assumed identity so it's not precisely legal, but Tony's been making his own efforts in his solo book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    He is. He's currently working with Emma and the X-Men to take down Feilong and Orchis.
    I had no idea. I only bring it up because the Avengers books don't comment on it. So when we get talk of the X-Men in this preview I was thrown off.

I had no idea. I only bring it up because the Avengers books don't comment on it. So when we get talk of the X-Men in this preview I was thrown off.
    Steve Rogers also restarted Uncanny Avengers(Unity Team) to show support for mutants to the public.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Maybe the Avengers should expand to more than just 7-8 members so they can address all of those issues.

A specific team to handle threats.
    A specific team to handle clean up.
    A specific team for counseling.
    Another team to help rebuild.

And that doesn't necessarily mean all teams have to be made up entirely of super-heroes. I'm sure that there can be roles for civilians as well, something like they had when their headquarters was on Avengers Island.
    This is why I think we’re getting at least 1 more team book sometime this year. The ending of Avengers Inc. almost broadcast that.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Yeah, probably around the same time as the X-Men relaunch.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman