Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I bought a graphic tablet recently to hopefully get into drawing as another past time and my third piece since was made according to this prompt:

Yep, just as you said.

And here is the upcoming Avengers United issue and guess who?

detail.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post

OMG that was 15 months gap from the last issue of Thunderbolts mini to Black Widow & Hawkeye anniversary mini. I don't want to wait another 15 months after the latter mini ended.
    Look, I am not trying to overreact or something. I just want to point out that Hawkeye is the only A-listed hero absent for the entire 2023. And it's happening again in 2024 already only because it's the 60th Anniversary of his debut they only greenlit his series in the first place. Look, I see how most of the A-listed heroes they have series to lead, guest star or even freaking cameo. Hawkeye has none of this aside elseworld these days and I don't want that. I am trying to express my opinions since all these things happen is making me super freak out and I don't know what is going to happen next once the Anniversary over. Put back in the Limbo and wait another 2 years again? Nope, that's enough of this.

Today editorial are trying to avoid Hawkeye as much as possible, not even he would show in the Avengers Infinity Comics anymore, and no small story arc with him.
    Last edited by LAWtoyoto 432; 03-07-2024 at 06:52 PM.

So now Carol doesn't want to be a jailer? Bwahahaha!

Great issue. Good to see Jarvis back.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post

And here is the upcoming Avengers United issue and guess who?

detail.jpg

Is this just another Avengers book with the same line up?
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Yeah, United uses the same roster as the main book.

Preview for Twilight #4: https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/08/ma...rs-twilight-4/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Not sure about the story (not the most original), but the art sure is gorgeous. Some of the best I've seen by Acuna.

Peace

Really liked the latest issue of Avengers. It felt like a breather and a light story. It was great to see Jarvis again. In some ways, it felt like a classic Avengers story.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Zdarsky writes a very traditional Thor. But also surprisingly a better Thor than Jason Aaron did in Avengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Really liked the latest issue of Avengers. It felt like a breather and a light story. It was great to see Jarvis again. In some ways, it felt like a classic Avengers story.
    And the team actually held conversations with each other!

That's the power of Jarvis! Just having him back makes it feel like the good ole Avenger days of old. Now all they have to do is redecorate their 'city' base so it resembles the Avengers Mansion insides.

Just finished reading The Impossible City TPB. Have tosay, I liked the story. After the first couple of issues, there is not much foccus on character and it becomes a free for all, however, it is intresting enough to keep me in the story. A bit too much JLA more than Avengers for my taste, but worthwhile, nonetheless. I like the line up, though I do think that they still don't know how they want to picture Carol as a leader (Inspiring? Green? Kick ass? All of the above?). All in all, I'd give a 7.5 or an 8 on the story. A sure improvement over the last few years of Avengers stories, when it was tough to give more than a 6 on them. Now, the art. Wow, that was a real downer. It was even worse than I thought it'd be by the Previews. So, dull, so basic, so muddy, so uninspired, so lacking in detail and dynamism. Is it the worst art I've ever seen? Of course not. Far from it. But it does not contribute anything to the story, it almost distracts from it. Awful, really. I mean, it would have been okay on a third tier character's mini-series, where the rookie artist has a chance to strout his stuff and improve, for a limited audience, but we're talking about what should be one of Marvel's top books. Are you seriously telling me that you couldn't assign a seasoned veteran such as Stuart Immonen, Mark Bagley, Patrick Zircher, Lenil Francis Yu, or someone to this? Yeah, the art really brings it down for me, but I'm intrigued enough to give it another chance on the second TPB, which will featrue the bad?good guys from Kang:Timeless, The Twilight Court, which I did find interesting. However, I hope MacKay doesn't foccus soley on new villains. I'd like to see some other classic baddies show up from time to time, and on more than just a cameo.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Just finished reading The Impossible City TPB. Have tosay, I liked the story. After the first couple of issues, there is not much foccus on character and it becomes a free for all, however, it is intresting enough to keep me in the story. A bit too much JLA more than Avengers for my taste, but worthwhile, nonetheless. I like the line up, though I do think that they still don't know how they want to picture Carol as a leader (Inspiring? Green? Kick ass? All of the above?). All in all, I'd give a 7.5 or an 8 on the story. A sure improvement over the last few years of Avengers stories, when it was tough to give more than a 6 on them. Now, the art. Wow, that was a real downer. It was even worse than I thought it'd be by the Previews. So, dull, so basic, so muddy, so uninspired, so lacking in detail and dynamism. Is it the worst art I've ever seen? Of course not. Far from it. But it does not contribute anything to the story, it almost distracts from it. Awful, really. I mean, it would have been okay on a third tier character's mini-series, where the rookie artist has a chance to strout his stuff and improve, for a limited audience, but we're talking about what should be one of Marvel's top books. Are you seriously telling me that you couldn't assign a seasoned veteran such as Stuart Immonen, Mark Bagley, Patrick Zircher, Lenil Francis Yu, or someone to this? Yeah, the art really brings it down for me, but I'm intrigued enough to give it another chance on the second TPB, which will featrue the bad?good guys from Kang:Timeless, The Twilight Court, which I did find interesting. However, I hope MacKay doesn't foccus soley on new villains. I'd like to see some other classic baddies show up from time to time, and on more than just a cameo.

Peace
    Carol as a leader is just kind of...there.

Yeah, they need to keep Jarvis around.

Amazing Member

Finished Avengers Twilight #4. I enjoyed it. I hope young James can break away from all the years of brainwashing. Thankfully it didn't go the predictable Zdarsky dumps on Tony Stark route.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Carol as a leader is just kind of...there.
    Maybe Blood Hunt will give her more to do? Although I feel Wanda and Doctor Strange are taking the lead there.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Spire View Post
    Maybe Blood Hunt will give her more to do? Although I feel Wanda and Doctor Strange are taking the lead there.
    Or the FoX tie-in.

Mighty Member

Based on the thread, I can see most of you enjoy Mckay's run. Despite its fast pacing and short moments, I feel like it's still missing something from the roster. I miss Hawkeye (Clint barton) a lot and honestly it look s bleak unlike the other like She-Hulk who has ongoing book while Black Widow get to guest star everywhere.