Page 56 of 100 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Just for fun list three things that are Red Flags for A Storm Solo.

1) Set in The Past
    2)Unknown Evil God Diety
    3) Low on Action&Feat
    Bonus(OOC)
    1) That Mohawk
    2) That Mohawk
    3) That accursed Mohawk
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    1) That Mohawk
    2) That Mohawk
    3) That accursed Mohawk
    Why does Marvel keep going back to it. That is such a dated hairstyle and screams 80s. When she did that, it meant something for her character arc. Storm is better known for her beautiful long hair. I just dont buy her going back to a mohawk in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why does Marvel keep going back to it. That is such a dated hairstyle and screams 80s. When she did that, it meant something for her character arc. Storm is better known for her beautiful long hair. I just dont buy her going back to a mohawk in 2024
    That era is long gone. Obviously they're just doing it now cause they've gone back to the REAL reason she had a mohawk in the first place. A "joke".
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 03-16-2024 at 06:28 PM.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Because everything X-men up to the early 90's (1992) has become subject of reverence and put on pedestals as "the classics" and images of a "golden age" of greatness, while everything afterwards is inferior "modern" and up for debate, critique and disregard.

So they keep comming back to stand out elements like that haircut as if they can conjur the feelings and nostalgia associated with a bygone era, hinting at an inability to create anything new that will be remembered and referenced just as much.

It's the same reason why basicly almost every X-men homage cover made over the past 30 years only ever make references to those produced up to the early 90's.

Which is admittedly a rather cynic perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Because everything X-men up to the early 90's (1992) has become subject of reverence and put on pedestals as "the classics" and images of a "golden age" of greatness, while everything afterwards is inferior "modern" and up for debate, critique and disregard.

So they keep comming back to stand out elements like that haircut as if they can conjur the feelings and nostalgia associated with a bygone era, hinting at an inability to create anything new that will be remembered and referenced just as much.

It's the same reason why basicly almost every X-men homage cover made over the past 30 years only ever make references to those produced up to the early 90's.

Which is admittedly a rather cynic perspective.
    In fact, it's Avengers fans who can't stand the rise of X.

I always look to the character's own response as to why she continued with the hairstyle when given her full head of hair back on occasions (X-MEN ANNUAL #10 comes to mind)
    "The style suits who I am".

Humberto Ramos dunnit right. No boring barbie hair. Modernize with the Mohican Undercut.

Last edited by Thirteen; 03-16-2024 at 07:51 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Actually, the mohawk has been on and off in popularity over the years (even now) and was never strictly 80's. The trend started in the 70's. Still, I dig storm with long hair too.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Actually, the mohawk has been on and off in popularity over the years (even now) and was never strictly 80's. The trend started in the 70's. Still, I dig storm with long hair too.
    The truth is that this mohawk pleases no one. And not even you believes in this much-missed popularity lol
    Last edited by Amazona dos ventos; 03-17-2024 at 09:53 AM.

Tom Brevoort in response to the response of Storm's look (mohawk/suit): https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...55219081887881

Antoine Dodson: In Ororo’s name, we go to war. War against the ugly suit, war against the dull, textureless Mohawk, war against the disrespect! Who’s with me?!

My friends, I thank you all for your support. It is time to begin advancing. My wish is to have everyone interested in participating to create their own posts tagging Marvel and Tom Breevort in each while using the hashtag #InOrorosName as well. We can do this.

Tom: There’s no need. Those images aren’t indicative of what Storm will be wearing or how her hair will look in the upcoming series.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Okayyyy I was scaredddd so bad

Even then they could have at least gave her something like this
    IMG_3171.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Tom Brevoort in response to the response of Storm's look (mohawk/suit): https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...55219081887881

Antoine Dodson: In Ororo’s name, we go to war. War against the ugly suit, war against the dull, textureless Mohawk, war against the disrespect! Who’s with me?!

My friends, I thank you all for your support. It is time to begin advancing. My wish is to have everyone interested in participating to create their own posts tagging Marvel and Tom Breevort in each while using the hashtag #InOrorosName as well. We can do this.

Tom: There’s no need. Those images aren’t indicative of what Storm will be wearing or how her hair will look in the upcoming series.

Or maybe he said it to silence the situation. I would rather be cautious till we have official confirmation and images. With how much nostalgia masturbation this new era looks like, I wouldn't be surprised if they still keep the mohawk and the fugly suit in Ororo.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Just for fun list three things that are Red Flags for A Storm Solo.

1) Set in The Past
    2)Unknown Evil God Diety
    3) Low on Action&Feat
    Bonus(OOC)
    1. Finding herself/soul-searching.
    2. Villain who "fascinated" with Storm.
    3. Not utilizing Storm's other skills. She's a pretty good h2h fighter.
    4. Long, boring thought bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

I do not trust him at all. I'm still on wait and see mode.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Welp if this is true my excitement just drastically drop

IMG_20240317_183440.jpg

Storm was a Queen but now they got her running for fckin congress? What a slap in the face lmao