Page 96 of 104 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1558
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    No sir that wasn't... that's not!
    I am sorry then. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Was that to do with what I said? I never said that's what she should do all the time or even at all. I said that one panel can just be one little scene about what's to come and she will have a lot more to do. If you think its funny what I said it isn't farfetched even if you don't want it anymore. She is one of the X-Men leaders so she would be the obvious choice. Anyway, this was just a theory. Nothing much has been revealed yet but I doubt they would make her book about being a senator, if thats what it is, is all I'm saying.

I've been waiting years for this,

(i know you meant to respond to somebody else)
    "Goddess be Praised"

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I didn't mean for her to just be a diplomat. I meant that image can just be one little scene from a book and not be a regular thing and they will give her plenty of other things to do. Even if what she was doing during Krakoa wasn't her being a diplomat, who else is gonna do it?, maybe Cyclops? It once could have been Xavier but he is so far gone now.

Well, there you go.

I guess it can be hard seeing the departure of Ewing as the best Storm written in years may make people leary of whats to come. I understand that.
    with what we saw in xmen red, her being more against thrones and titles for that to just to be one of many things still doesn't really align to what we've seen pretty consistently after turning over leadership duties to kitty in xmen gold. she hasn't been about titles, and being a diplomat comes with title and prestige that goes against all of that. but perhaps the actual premise of the story will turn out to prove me wrong. I certainly hope so.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Disappointed Storm didn't show up in the latest episode. I wonder how long they'll make us wait for her return.

I was hoping to see her in the opening theme with her new costume
    I was hoping to see her title/intro card with the new costume at least, but we didn't, and then when they were fighting with that sentinel it was raining and I was like... is Storm coming? But at the end it was just Cable.

Beau didn't write this episode which explains the lack of Storm. This makes me really worry about the show after Season 2 if Beau isn't hired again.

As usual, Marvel is proving that if there isn't someone sticking up for Storm on a regular basis (whether Claremont or Ewing in the comics and now Beau in the show), that she isn't considered a priority then.
    I don't think that is the issue here, to be honest, I think we will keep seeing Storm as prominent role at least throughout Season 2, but I am worried what we will get in Season 3, because we do have two people who really root for her, one of the directors and then one of the writers, so we might get good stuff but if the show runner doesn't want her, they will be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    To be fair, Storm just gagged us all with what looked like a continent spanning hurricane and magical transformation into her classic costume while in space. I like that everyone gets to have their turn and when Storm does show up in the three part finale I'm sure it'll be a "Thor arrives in Wakanda" type arrival.
    Will it be like that thought? I am not sure if it will be like "Thor arrives in Wakanda" but more like "Beyond Omega level threat detected" with a storm spreading across half the planet. She will be really pissed off, and I do want to see her fueled by her anger in this show.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I was hoping to see her title/intro card with the new costume at least, but we didn't, and then when they were fighting with that sentinel it was raining and I was like... is Storm coming? But at the end it was just Cable.

I don't think that is the issue here, to be honest, I think we will keep seeing Storm as prominent role at least throughout Season 2, but I am worried what we will get in Season 3, because we do have two people who really root for her, one of the directors and then one of the writers, so we might get good stuff but if the show runner doesn't want her, they will be cut.

Will it be like that thought? I am not sure if it will be like "Thor arrives in Wakanda" but more like "Beyond Omega level threat detected" with a storm spreading across half the planet. She will be really pissed off, and I do want to see her fueled by her anger in this show.
    I simply meant her arrival will be grand or just in the nick of time... also I'm always here for a pissed off Storm.

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised that they didn't have Storm show up in this episode of X-Men '97. I though for sure that they were setting up her return in the last episode.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post

Yes, Chase Conley is a Storm fan because he confirmed on Twitter that he was the one championed Storm getting darker skin. And how Beau agreed with him.
    https://twitter.com/TheChaseConley/s...47432237973985

Yes, Chase Conley is a Storm fan because he confirmed on Twitter that he was the one championed Storm getting darker skin. And how Beau agreed with him.
    https://twitter.com/TheChaseConley/s...47432237973985

its kinda fucked that in order for Storm not to be Bleached and put in the back of obscurity and away from the spotlight, she always needs her fans rallying behind her to make sure things for her go correctly, and when she doesn't have anyone in her corner it shows, woefully so
    "Goddess be Praised"

This came back up when she was asked about being in the original MATRIX movies...
    Janet Jackson was almost cast as Storm in X-MEN
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I think they fudged the ball with Storm. There was enough time for her to get from Arizona I believe to Gambits Funeral in '97. Scott even said it's been a little bit.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I think they fudged the ball with Storm. There was enough time for her to get from Arizona I believe to Gambits Funeral in '97. Scott even said it's been a little bit.
    That was a misstep on the writers' part. Gambit was recruited to the team by Storm, so clearly she should've been there.

And besides remember this shady gem?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Yep I do
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    This came back up when she was asked about being in the original MATRIX movies...
    My Queen of Pop! Janet would've ate that roll up and gave us the fierce Storm we deserved. The way Janet thrashes around on stage and has that sass and energy, oh yes baby!

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    My Queen of Pop! Janet would've ate that roll up and gave us the fierce Storm we deserved. The way Janet thrashes around on stage and has that sass and energy, oh yes baby!
    Janet would've ate and left no crumbs.

Probably would've gave us a Storm concept album too LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Literally anyone would have been better casting than what we actually did get but Janet Jackson especially would have been a world of improvement. Someone should have manifested this casting back in the 90s.