Page 58 of 100 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Welp if this is true my excitement just drastically drop

Attachment 138366
    Uhhh...running for congress in the U.S. so that mutants have political power? How is that going to work if we're still in the "everybody hates mutants" phase? Won't that mean that the majority of voters won't vote for her?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    1) That Mohawk
    2) That Mohawk
    3) That accursed Mohawk
    ........And what's wrong with the Mohawk......'cause this reflectioned Ororo's roots to her parents' countries.......

You know if Ewing isn't writing i wouldn't mind greg pak having another shot at storm but i had a dream last night that coates and bartel finally got their Storm solo so yeah, i'll take a few over him.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You know if Ewing isn't writing i wouldn't mind greg pak having another shot at storm but i had a dream last night that coates and bartel finally got their Storm solo so yeah, i'll take a few over him.
    Pak was the one to call her 'a stupid little girl' for thinking she was a goddess. And Coates and Bartel fumbled the ball, and Coates made Wakanda rapists, colonizers, and slavers. No thanks to any of them.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Pak was the one to call her 'a stupid little girl' for thinking she was a goddess. And Coates and Bartel fumbled the ball, and Coates made Wakanda rapists, colonizers, and slavers. No thanks to any of them.
    True, true, and true. Though i give pak a bit of a break, some of it could have been written differently but the rights situation still dangled so i give a bit of a pass.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I will say Pak gave her some nice feats, but overall that series was a dud. And I will never forgive him for that goddess take.

I will say Pak gave her some nice feats, but overall that series was a dud. And I will never forgive him for that goddess take.
    Yeah, I was excited for him to write the series given his interviews but then the series happened and it was meh.

And the art wasn't my cup of tea either...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    ........And what's wrong with the Mohawk......'cause this reflectioned Ororo's roots to her parents' countries.......
    In 2024, everything.

And no it didn't. Re-read UXM 173-175 and 180 to understand why she cut her hair and went Punk.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Its ugly. I like my Storm to look good

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

How are folks blaming Coates/Bartel for a solo the xoffices never allowed to go through ? It wasn't their fault, it was JD White and the xoffices who were at fault for any plot points Coates wanted to explore not moving beyond the BP books.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

And what of Coates making Wakanda rapists, colonizers, and slavers?

Ugghhhhh I think we need a palate cleanser... so thank you Phil Jimenez for these gifts!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4oJYUwI...en&img_index=3

And what of Coates making Wakanda rapists, colonizers, and slavers?

Pretty much.

The one fact that he officially gave her a Godhead does not exonerate him for craping all over a decades-long, well-established mythos and character and revising Wakanda's history to suit his story.
    And because he was so willing and happy to do that to Wakanda and T'Challa I would not want him anywhere near Storm's history simply because...he would never respect it.
    So yes, good riddance...we dodged that bullet.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Pretty much.

The one fact that he officially gave her a Godhead does not exonerate him for craping all over a decades-long, well-established mythos and character and revising Wakanda's history to suit his story.
    And because he was so willing and happy to do that to Wakanda and T'Challa I would not want him anywhere near Storm's history simply because...he would never respect it.
    So yes, good riddance...we dodged that bullet.
    It's too bad BP didn't.

Last edited by Marvell2100; 03-18-2024 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It too bad BP didn't.

And for that...to this day and forever I will list him among Writers Who I will Never Read Ever Again. He is never getting my money or attention.