Page 98 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1565

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    lol, john Krasinski didn't win an Oscar and he was in MoM as Mr. Fantastic, that was a fan service done by the Directors, people have been asking for Anglea and Janet for years, and if I'm not mistaken Angela was asked first for the Fox role but denied, I think her playing the Old witch storm that saved the team from Belasco would be perfect or as her ancestor,

so its really up to how big of Storm fans the future directors may or will be, Fingers crossed Beau made it though the cracks and is making a movie in secret
    Most of Halle Berry's roles from this era were first offered to Angela Bassett.

It would be a huge mistake for there to be a multiverse film like Secret Wars and not introduce an AU Storm or her ancestor played by Miss Bassett.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Most of Halle Berry's roles from this era were first offered to Angela Bassett

It would be a huge mistake for there to be a multiverse film like Secret Wars and not introduce an AU Storm or her ancestor played by Miss Bassett.
    lol

I just need one melodramatic Casting Poem from her
    "Goddess be Praised"

lol

I just need one melodramatic Casting Poem from her
    It's true lol. Monster's Ball was offered to Angela but she refused. She thought the role was regressive and offensive and all about flashing her t*ts so she said no. I've only heard some salty Halle fans claim that Angela lies and was never offered any of these roles because she was, and I quote, "too old and worn out." That's all I needed to hear to discredit the entire conversation.

She and Ororo need to recite to each other onscreen. Then she can pass Ororo mjolnir to prove who's the real goddess of thunder. Thor who??

We shall see I guess, who the lucky one will be.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Thats interesting. I haven't heard of that one. In Wizard Magazine way back then Iman was considered but I don't remember if it was Marvel or Wizard that wanted her. Since I can remember I always wanted Angela Bassett as Storm. Of course, she's too old now. How about Lupita Nyong'o? She is even half Kenyan. Though, she may not have the edge but I think she could work.
    I believe that Iman was WIZARD magazine fancasting.

I'd heard the Janet Jackson rumor before - I'm fan of Miss Jackson but I can't imagine her voice work for Ororo changing from her wispy speaking voice to Storm's deeper authoritative one. But she's a vocal artist so anything is possible with coaching, for certain.

I'd seen that certain lines were written with Angela Bassett in mind (specifically the Toad/struck by lightning one - from Joss Whedon, was it?), and that she was considered but ruled out because of being age-inappropriate with the rest of the cast.

TPTB wanted a "name" actress for Storm in X1 (the only other casting demand was Patrick Stewart iirc) and it reportedly came down to Halle Berry and (CLUELESS era) Stacey Dash at the end of casting...

Last edited by Thirteen; 04-26-2024 at 05:55 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

There was an earlier attempt at an X-Men film. James Cameron was going to produce, his then wife Kathryn Bigalow was going to direct. Angela Bassett was the frontrunner at that point, and Storm was the female lead(see their collaboration "Strange Days" from 1995 and if you squint your eyes, you can pretend it's a Storm/Gambit movie). However, Stan Lee distracted James Cameron with Spider-Man(and they wanted Leo DiCaprio to do it), and the whole project collapsed. That was like, somewhere in late 80's to early 90's supposedly, Lord Claremont was still involved. By the time the actual movie we know was getting made, the Storm role had been shaved down to practically nothing, so Angela passed on it.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 04-26-2024 at 06:05 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

They got to, After years of poor casting and just shoddy care like those school play wigs,

Im not gonna list the obvious, but u really hope they bring the African neck brace to live action, in fact i think her outfits in general need to be more Afro-centric, especially her punk era, even if its just the neck brace,
    Neck Rings. A neck brace is something entirely different.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Camille Winbush would have been a perfect Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I believe that Iman was WIZARD magazine fancasting.

I'd heard the Janet Jackson rumor before - I'm fan of Miss Jackson but I can't imagine her voice work for Ororo changing from her wispy speaking voice to Storm's deeper authoritative one. But she's a vocal artist so anything is possible with coaching, for certain.

I'd seen that certain lines were written with Angela Bassett in mind (specifically the Toad/struck by lightning one - from Joss Whedon, was it?), and that she was considered but ruled out because of being age-inappropriate with the rest of the cast.

TPTB wanted a "name" actress for Storm in X1 (the only other casting demand was Patrick Stewart iirc) and it reportedly came down to Halle Berry and (CLUELESS era) Stacey Dash at the end of casting...

I don't know if Janet Jackson was a fan of Storm and the X-Men but I heard Michael Jackson loved the 90s show and that Morph was his favorite character. It would have been interesting if both siblings got cast together for the movie.

Stacey Dash, like Halle Berry, is a complete miscasting. In fact, she's slightly shorter than Halle Berry so we'd literally be losing an inch. I look at Stacey Dash and see nothing of Storm at all physically.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Neck Rings. A neck brace is something entirely different.
    Thank you deva, it's good to see you, been a minute since I last saw you
    "Goddess be Praised"

Thoughts on Storm carrying Destiny's train for the wedding?

Well. I can't even say at least she looks good. and to throw claremont in there too. at least he next to storm i guess. i like that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Well. I can't even say at least she looks good. and to throw claremont in there too. at least he next to storm i guess. i like that.
    Actually Claremont being there makes it even worse like he tacitly approves of Ororo lifting up Destiny's train like she's her maid. In no world. There's a reason that Mystique did not give an invite to Ororo's wedding.

Maid connotations aside, this is exactly why a part of me can't rock with this Krakoa era (like we talked about in another thread).

Mystique has been operating as a supervillain for close to a century, Destiny has done devious **** too... that being said, what business does Cap and any X-Man not named Rogue or Kurt have being there at this damn wedding? Claremont looks crazy as hell smiling like that too.

No me gusta.

Storm would've literally made it rain on Mystique and Destiny's wedding day before agreeing to become a Bride's Maid.