Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    That scene blew me away! I am Iron Man was a damn good mini. Each issue was something special. Hopefully they come back and do some more work on Tony.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    That scene blew me away! I am Iron Man was a damn good mini. Each issue was something special. Hopefully they come back and do some more work on Tony.
    Oh, most definitely.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Anyone read today’s issue and want to post spoilers?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Anyone read today’s issue and want to post spoilers?
    Long story made short . . . spoilers:
    Tony is tripping through a hellish maze of his own memories and fears and regrets, encountering visions of his mother(s), Zhang Wei, his many enemies and nemeses, his father, and even Magneto himself. When he regains consciousness, he runs into Feilong and beats the s*** out of him after Feilong tries an ambush, though in truth, he's goading Tony to kill him because he's completely lost control of the situation and now realizes Orchis's true leaders were never on humanity's side, simply fomenting the animosity between them and mutants as a distraction from their true goal of annihilating all (sapient) organic life on planet Earth. Just as it seems Tony himself is also doomed thanks to his armor(s) no longer functioning quite right, if at all . . . who should show up to save the day but Magneto, and at Emma Frost's behest, no less?
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Long story made short . . . spoilers:
    Tony is tripping through a hellish maze of his own memories and fears and regrets, encountering visions of his mother(s), Zhang Wei, his many enemies and nemeses, his father, and even Magneto himself. When he regains consciousness, he runs into Feilong and beats the s*** out of him after Feilong tries an ambush, though in truth, he's goading Tony to kill him because he's completely lost control of the situation and now realizes Orchis's true leaders were never on humanity's side, simply fomenting the animosity between them and mutants as a distraction from their true goal of annihilating all (sapient) organic life on planet Earth. Just as it seems Tony himself is also doomed thanks to his armor(s) no longer functioning quite right, if at all . . . who should show up to save the day but Magneto, and at Emma Frost's behest, no less?
    end of spoilers
    Thanks as always! Just read mine and I loved the art. I really enjoy when Zircher draws Stark. He hasn’t done it since Execute Program. Wish he would do more. Thought the writing was just ok.

https://comicsxf.com/2024/04/12/invi...2vjUUTkntDookE

THE WAR IS OVER.
    The war with Orchis is over. What does the future hold for Tony and Emma Frost?
    Invicible Iron Man #20
    By Kael Ngu

The article writer didn't do the research there - the Hazel Kendal alias doesn't involve an image inducer, she just wears a wig!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

THE WAR IS OVER.
    Invicible Iron Man #20
    By Kael Ngu
    Probably no future at all!

Yeah. We already know Emma's off to Chicago for Exceptional X-Men in August, so this is Duggan writing her out. I would imagine the Hazel alias will be killed off. Shouldn't be hard for Tony to fake her death so that Emma is free to leave.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

THE WAR IS OVER.
    Invicible Iron Man #20
    By Kael Ngu
    I'm going to assume the end.

Unless the real Hazel Kendal shows up in the next relaunch. Wouldn't that be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The article writer didn't do the research there - the Hazel Kendal alias doesn't involve an image inducer, she just wears a wig!
    RIP Hazel Kendal identity
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

THE WAR IS OVER.
    Invicible Iron Man #20
    By Kael Ngu
    Thanks as always juan678! Yeah. I don’t see Tony and Emma’s relationship lasting past this run. I wish Frigeri would have done more of the issues. Marvel says Tony is one of their biggest characters, but the always end up taking the big artists off of him and put them on something else. It happened with CAFU and now Frigeri leaving to work on The Ultimates.

I don't understand why they didn't have people Stark cared about, like Rumiko and Yinsen, show up in his dream. Instead they had a bunch of random villains, many of whom didn't even die in an Iron Man related way.

Since they are breaking up Tony and Frost anyway, having Stark remember Rumiko and decide that he never wanted to go through the grief of loving a woman who dies because villains are always after him again, would have been great foreshadowing.

They passed up a clear, perfect chance to foreshadow why Stark would break up with her. They dropped the ball in an enormous way by doing this. Just totally dropped an easy ball. I was frankly a little shocked because it was such an easy, obvious, slam-dunk.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 04-12-2024 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I don't understand why they didn't have people Stark cared about, like Rumiko and Yinsen, show up in his dream. Instead they had a bunch of random villains, many of whom didn't even die in an Iron Man related way.

Since they are breaking up Tony and Frost anyway, having Stark remember Rumiko and decide that he never wanted to go throw the grief of loving a woman who dies because villains are always after him again, would have been great foreshadowing.

They passed up a clear, perfect chance to foreshadow why Stark would break up with her. They dropped the ball in an enormous way by doing this. Just totally dropped an easy ball. I was frankly a little shocked because it was such an easy, obvious. slam-dunk.
    And Amanda...just...Amanda.

I don't think that would really impact his relationship with Emma.