Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    M.D. (Mark) Bright passed away at 68.

He drew iconic Iron Man stories, the most famous one being Armor Wars.
    Might be my all time favorite comic book artist, bar none
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Really sorry to hear that. I enjoyed his work, especially on Iron Man.

RIP MD Bright.

Sad to hear about Mark Bright. He was one of my all time favorite artists and is an icon to me. Thank you for what you did for Iron Man Mr. Bright.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    "Doc" Bright (R.I.P.)

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Might be my all time favorite comic book artist, bar none
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Really sorry to hear that. I enjoyed his work, especially on Iron Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    RIP MD Bright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Sad to hear about Mark Bright. He was one of my all time favorite artists and is an icon to me. Thank you for what you did for Iron Man Mr. Bright.
    Cosigning all of you . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Anyone read today’s Avengers? How was Tony’s strategy to destroy Orchis? Was it good to see him leading the team again?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Anyone read today’s Avengers? How was Tony’s strategy to destroy Orchis? Was it good to see him leading the team again?
    It was good. I liked that Tony Stark sounded like Tony Stark and not Robert Downey Jr. I liked how Modok was taken seriously and wasn't used for comedy. Good art. Not quite sure how I feel about 3D Man turning into Mr. Terrific. Poor Garrett, dude is destined to have a rocky relationship with The Avengers.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 04-03-2024 at 10:50 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Michael Holt wouldn't have betrayed his allies like that!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    It was good. I liked that Tony Stark sounded like Tony Stark and not Robert Downey Jr. I liked how Modok was taken seriously and wasn't used for comedy. Good art. Not quite sure how I feel about 3D Man turning into Mr. Terrific. Poor Garrett, dude is destined to have a rocky relationship with The Avengers.
    Yeah that was surprising to me that he would go that far.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah that was surprising to me that he would go that far.
    Generally cosigned, although I would not be surprised if 3-D Man turned out to be a plant by the Avengers to infiltrate Orchis the same way Firestar was set up as a plant by Jean Grey on behalf of the X-Men when Fall of X kicked off. Given M.O.D.O.K.'s utter confusion and outrage at how the Avengers could be so successfully striking at Orchis's operations, with 3-D Man's responses to him . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Generally cosigned, although I would not be surprised if 3-D Man turned out to be a plant by the Avengers to infiltrate Orchis the same way Firestar was set up as a plant by Jean Grey on behalf of the X-Men when Fall of X kicked off. Given M.O.D.O.K.'s utter confusion and outrage at how the Avengers could be so successfully striking at Orchis's operations, with 3-D Man's responses to him . . .
    Tony actually told Firestar to spy for them at one of the Galas.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I hate to say this, but I liked the anger and focus.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Tony actually told Firestar to spy for them at one of the Galas.
    Hellfire Gala 2022, to be exact. Here's proof...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hellfire Gala 2022, to be exact. Here's proof...

Thanks. I have the issue. Just couldn’t remember which one.

That was when she joined the main X-Men team, so it's a year before she infiltrated Orchis. Tony certainly did take advantage of the situation when she joined Orchis though, as of course he ended up working with the X-Men due to Orchis using his technology.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman