Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

lol, Tony invented deepfakes.

I knew Tony had Rhodey don the Iron Man suit so that Shellhead and Tony could be seen together, but I didn't know he actually impersonated civilian Tony as well!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You had me until Amanda popped up. Nobody was asking for that, Duggan.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Tony actually told Firestar to spy for them at one of the Galas.
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hellfire Gala 2022, to be exact. Here's proof...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Thanks. I have the issue. Just couldn’t remember which one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That was when she joined the main X-Men team, so it's a year before she infiltrated Orchis. Tony certainly did take advantage of the situation when she joined Orchis though, as of course he ended up working with the X-Men due to Orchis using his technology.
    True enough, though he did seem to suggest that he wanted Firestar to spy on the X-Men for the Avengers, as this was back when tensions around mutants explicitly separating from (the rest of) humanity vis-a-vis Krakoa were still high. Of course, with Orchis explicitly planning to wipe out the rest of the superhuman population once they were sure they'd done away with mutantkind for good, mostly concentrating on mutants due to public animosity toward them being much higher and more easily exploitable compared to their feelings towards nonmutants with superpowers . . . any prior differences had to be put aside for the existential threat that Orchis turned out to be for all intelligent organic life on Earth. Not to mention, on an extreme personal note, Orchis through Feilong misappropriating Stark's technological resources and funneling them into genocide wouldn't sit well with Tony, especially given how he tends to react whenever his tech gets misappropriated and misused to harm innocent people. Armor Wars, anyone?

lol, Tony invented deepfakes.

I knew Tony had Rhodey don the Iron Man suit so that Shellhead and Tony could be seen together, but I didn't know he actually impersonated civilian Tony as well!
    He is, and has always been, a man ahead of his time. Even Zdarsky got that about him, as per Avengers: Twilight when Steve was ruminating while on his way to rescue him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know right!! I feel the exact same way.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Thanks as always juan678
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Why did Tony call both Maria and Amanda by their first names, instead of calling either one of them Mom? One is the woman who raised him, the other is the one who gave birth to him so they're both his Mom, you don't usually call your mother by their actual name.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Why did Tony call both Maria and Amanda by their first names, instead of calling either one of them Mom? One is the woman who raised him, the other is the one who gave birth to him so they're both his Mom, you don't usually call your mother by their actual name.
    I'm less bothered by him calling them by their names than I am by him not running to Maria and hugging her. Why can't Stark have a normal human reaction to finding his dead mother seemingly alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, that really wasn't needed or necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I'm less bothered by him calling them by their names than I am by him not running to Maria and hugging her. Why can't Stark have a normal human reaction to finding his dead mother seemingly alive?
    Yeah, Maria is the mother he knows that raised him so there should have been more affection towards her.

Amazing Member

Outside of Obadian stane, what other Iron Man foe would have made a good movie villain? I only know of the Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Outside of Obadian stane, what other Iron Man foe would have made a good movie villain? I only know of the Controller.
    Madame Masque.

Count Nefaria

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Madame Masque.
    Of the more modern villains, I'd go with Mallen from Extremis, and since a lot of Tony's arc in the movies was about him worrying about the legacy he'd leave behind, I'd throw in Ezekiel Stane and Justine (maybe with Sasha) Hammer, the children of Obadiah Stane and Justin Hammer, both of whom sought to exploit or replicate his inventions and discoveries for profit and power, representing the dark side of what Tony might leave behind. Ezekiel would especially be good for a combo of his original comic arc The Five Nightmares (of Tony Stark) and Rise of Technovore, the Marvel anime Iron Man film, definitively representing one of Tony's greatest fears, that his tech could be replicated and weaponized on the (relatively) cheap, making it far more accessible to criminals and terrorists that would wreak havoc on the world.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Crimson Dynamo.