Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm going to assume the end.

Unless the real Hazel Kendal shows up in the next relaunch. Wouldn't that be amazing.
    I don't think there IS a real Hazel Kendal. It's a pre-existing alias Emma had used in the past.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't think there IS a real Hazel Kendal. It's a pre-existing alias Emma had used in the past.
    Yeah, I was joking on that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Thanks as always! Just read mine and I loved the art. I really enjoy when Zircher draws Stark. He hasn’t done it since Execute Program. Wish he would do more. Thought the writing was just ok.
    Totally agree about Zircher, been a fan of his artwork since the Heroes Return era (T_T)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks as always! Just read mine and I loved the art. I really enjoy when Zircher draws Stark. He hasn’t done it since Execute Program. Wish he would do more. Thought the writing was just ok.
    You're welcome, and fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I don't understand why they didn't have people Stark cared about, like Rumiko and Yinsen, show up in his dream. Instead they had a bunch of random villains, many of whom didn't even die in an Iron Man related way.

Since they are breaking up Tony and Frost anyway, having Stark remember Rumiko and decide that he never wanted to go through the grief of loving a woman who dies because villains are always after him again, would have been great foreshadowing.

They passed up a clear, perfect chance to foreshadow why Stark would break up with her. They dropped the ball in an enormous way by doing this. Just totally dropped an easy ball. I was frankly a little shocked because it was such an easy, obvious, slam-dunk.
    Yeah, points. There's a lot more guilt and trauma and pain in Tony's history that could have easily provided greater context for his ruminations on his regrets and fears at the beginning of this issue, though I am still satisfied Feilong got the beatdown he deserved.

Thanks as always juan678! Yeah. I don’t see Tony and Emma’s relationship lasting past this run. I wish Frigeri would have done more of the issues. Marvel says Tony is one of their biggest characters, but the always end up taking the big artists off of him and put them on something else. It happened with CAFU and now Frigeri leaving to work on The Ultimates.
    CAFU ended up on Al Ewing's Venom, if I recall.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You're welcome, and fair enough.

Yeah, points. There's a lot more guilt and trauma and pain in Tony's history that could have easily provided greater context for his ruminations on his regrets and fears at the beginning of this issue, though I am still satisfied Feilong got the beatdown he deserved.

CAFU ended up on Al Ewing's Venom, if I recall.
    I thought they could have used more prominent people from Tony’s life in the nightmare sequence as well. I wondered where CAFU ended up. So they put him on Venom over Tony?! That’s that bullshit right there.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

In fairness I believe CAFU only came to Venom after Cantwell's run already ended for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    In fairness I believe CAFU only came to Venom after Cantwell's run already ended for a while
    No. CAFU left king before the end of Cantwell’s run. Angel Unzueta took over for him whose art I really did enjoy.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I thought they could have used more prominent people from Tony’s life in the nightmare sequence as well. I wondered where CAFU ended up. So they put him on Venom over Tony?! That’s that bullshit right there.
    Overall it was a good issue, nice to See Tony getting some measure of justice against Feilong. One thing that I didn't like however was Tony just focusing on his failures and and none of the people who he impacted in a good way or the good people in his life(no Rhodey, Pepper, Beth?).

And Tony's biggest fear isn't spoilers:
    Magneto
    end of spoilers. It's exactly what happened in this entire run, his technology falling into the wrong hands. Still it was an enjoyable issue but I'm ready for this run to be over.

]
    Magneto
    end of spoilers. It's exactly what happened in this entire run, his technology falling into the wrong hands. Still it was an enjoyable issue but I'm ready for this run to be over.
    Exactly. Stark greatest fear is someone evil using his inventions, especially someone with imperialistic/colonial ambitions. His greatest villains are devoted to just that, with Tem Borjigin, aka The Mandarin, having repeatedly put Stark in slave camps to force Stark to invent for him, with the intention of causing World War III and ruling the ashes. Stark fears Stark, and his greatest villains are charicatures of his old self: rich men devoted to imperialism, colonialism, exploitation, resource-hoarding, and war.

Magneto doesn't represent those things. Magneto is just a science problem Stark has solved.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

Overall it was a good issue, nice to See Tony getting some measure of justice against Feilong. One thing that I didn't like however was Tony just focusing on his failures and and none of the people who he impacted in a good way or the good people in his life(no Rhodey, Pepper, Beth?).

Magneto
    Point.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Exactly. Stark greatest fear is someone evil using his inventions, especially someone with imperialistic/colonial ambitions. His greatest villains are devoted to just that, with Tem Borjigin, aka The Mandarin, having repeatedly put Stark in slave camps to force Stark to invent for him, with the intention of causing World War III and ruling the ashes. Stark fears Stark, and his greatest villains are charicatures of his old self: rich men devoted to imperialism, colonialism, exploitation, resource-hoarding, and war.

Magneto doesn't represent those things. Magneto is just a science problem Stark has solved.
    While Feilong tries his damnedest, despite his own genocidal aspirations towards mutants, he's nowhere near that level. He's nothing but a punk who got in way over his head through his own arrogance and hubris and became a pawn to machine intelligences more powerful and ruthless than anything he could fathom.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

This reminds me of Magneto being a villain of the week in Armored Adventures.

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

Point.

While Feilong tries his damnedest, despite his own genocidal aspirations towards mutants, he's nowhere near that level. He's nothing but a punk who got in way over his head through his own arrogance and hubris and became a pawn to machine intelligences more powerful and ruthless than anything he could fathom.
    Well stated as usual. You are on the nose about Feilong. I always got this feeling that during this entire run that Feilong was getting propped up more than Tony or at Tony’s expense. I think Duggan was trying to do to his creation what Fraction did for his created villain and it just didn’t work.

So...*facepalm*...the writer thinks that Stark is haunted more by things like Firebrand being killed by Scourge than he is by Rumiko being killed by Temugin, or Yinsen dying to save Stark's life? Really? Really?? Really?????

I can't get over what a completely wasted opportunity this was.

Really????????????????

Feilong himself wasn't even a threat like this last issue proved. It was Tony's tech and inventions being used against him. He didn't come up with an original idea nor did he create anything. It was a derivative of Tony's work and it wasn't even done by Feilong, that was Nimrod and Omega Sentinel.

It was legal issues and corporate play that put Feilong in a position to succeed in the first place.

Now that it's over, let's get back to Tony villains or new villains created specifically for him.

Well stated as usual. You are on the nose about Feilong. I always got this feeling that during this entire run that Feilong was getting propped up more than Tony or at Tony’s expense. I think Duggan was trying to do to his creation what Fraction did for his created villain and it just didn’t work.
    Couldn't agree with you more.