Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    He won't be pleased, for sure, and neither will Kamala, for whom Tony was a mentor (when she first joined the Avengers in ANAD). Solicits already indicate that it's going to be Steve, Kamala, and a new hero (H-Day), vs Iron Man (presumably James, the solicits only said Tony was dead and this was a new Iron Man) and other Avengers.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    He won't be pleased, for sure, and neither will Kamala, for whom Tony was a mentor (when she first joined the Avengers in ANAD). Solicits already indicate that it's going to be Steve, Kamala, and a new hero (H-Day), vs Iron Man (presumably James, the solicits only said Tony was dead and this was a new Iron Man) and other Avengers.
    end of spoilers
    Looking forward to that part when the story gets there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I like (Robert Downy jr.) Tony Stark Iron Man, but i haven't read many Iron Man Comics. First Iron Man Comics, i have ever read was Ultimate Iron Man Mini series back in the day even before MCU started. What got me into Ultimate Iron Man was the armor design, i really liked the Ultimate Iron Man Armor design back in the day. Then i read Iron Man: Extremis and thought Warren Ellis was really ''inspired'' by the Guyver manga. I tried Iron Man by Fraction lastly, but dropped the book after a couple of issues because it was increadibly boring.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by out of control View Post
    I like (Robert Downy jr.) Tony Stark Iron Man, but i haven't read many Iron Man Comics. First Iron Man Comics, i have ever read was Ultimate Iron Man Mini series back in the day even before MCU started. What got me into Ultimate Iron Man was the armor design, i really liked the Ultimate Iron Man Armor design back in the day. Then i read Iron Man: Extremis and thought Warren Ellis was really ''inspired'' by the Guyver manga. I tried Iron Man by Fraction lastly, but dropped the book after a couple of issues because it was increadibly boring.
    There are lots of good Iron Man runs. Try Michelinie/Layton's Iron Man or Iron Man Director of SHIELD by the Knaufs. There's also Kurt Busiek's Iron Man.

Sorry you didn't like Fractions run as many Tony fans give it high marks.

^^^I'd also try Contest of Champions II (1999). Claremont's Tony needs to be seen to be believed...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^I'd also try Contest of Champions II (1999). Claremont's Tony needs to be seen to be believed...

You’re not lying! I love how Claremont handled Tony in CoC II. One of my favorite mini series.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Noooooo.....!!!!

Man, Tony just can't find love.

That's one way to get out of a marriage .

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Noooooo.....!!!!

Man, Tony just can't find love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's one way to get out of a marriage .
    Looking forward to Blood Hunt, if only to see how Tony fares against vampires.

It's most likely that they will waste the potential of Starktech Sentinels, and just treat them as glorified mookbots. Here's what I'd like to see: an Easter Egg fest of every horrifying invention Stark has created over the years.

The biosignal duplication Stark used on Nitro to make him explode again and again until he was exhausted. I'd like to see Stark's tech used to do something similar to some mutants, like making Nightcrawler teleport again and again until he gets so exhausted trying to aim it someplace safe that he ends up teleporting inside something.

The time-machine he invented in Grell's run used to send some mutants a quadrillion years into the future when the sun has died and the earth is a lifeless husk if it exists at all.

The weapon designed to send Hulk to the Negative Zone used to send some mutants there, where their bodies become the fuel for a massive matter/antimatter explosion.

The depowering gizmo he invented in New Avengers used to make flying mutants fall out of the air and go splat, and aquatic mutants drown.

The new, faster, more powerful version of Extremis he invented in Superior Iron Man used to mutate the mutants, turning them into cronenberg horrors, or simply erasing their mouths and noses, causing them to suffocate.

It won't happen, because Marvel loves to hype up villain armies and then treat them as mooks in these big events, but a guy can fantasize.

That depowering gizmo didn't just affect mutants, if it's the one I'm thinking of (Civil War aftermath). Wasn't Spider-Man threatened with it? I can see that one coming up in Avengers Twilight, since it seems most superheroes are either dead or depowered, Steve included (he needed a new dose of super soldier serum).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    It's most likely that they will waste the potential of Starktech Sentinels, and just treat them as glorified mookbots. Here's what I'd like to see: an Easter Egg fest of every horrifying invention Stark has created over the years.

The biosignal duplication Stark used on Nitro to make him explode again and again until he was exhausted. I'd like to see Stark's tech used to do something similar to some mutants, like making Nightcrawler teleport again and again until he gets so exhausted trying to aim it someplace safe that he ends up teleporting inside something.

The time-machine he invented in Grell's run used to send some mutants a quadrillion years into the future when the sun has died and the earth is a lifeless husk if it exists at all.

The weapon designed to send Hulk to the Negative Zone used to send some mutants there, where their bodies become the fuel for a massive matter/antimatter explosion.

The depowering gizmo he invented in New Avengers used to make flying mutants fall out of the air and go splat, and aquatic mutants drown.

The new, faster, more powerful version of Extremis he invented in Superior Iron Man used to mutate the mutants, turning them into cronenberg horrors, or simply erasing their mouths and noses, causing them to suffocate.

It won't happen, because Marvel loves to hype up villain armies and then treat them as mooks in these big events, but a guy can fantasize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That depowering gizmo didn't just affect mutants, if it's the one I'm thinking of (Civil War aftermath). Wasn't Spider-Man threatened with it? I can see that one coming up in Avengers Twilight, since it seems most superheroes are either dead or depowered, Steve included (he needed a new dose of super soldier serum).
    Oh, yes, called "SPIN," an acronym for Super-Power-Inhibiting Nanites. That said, considering Feilong through his misbegotten ownership of Stark Unlimited should have unfettered access to all of Tony's previous inventions and other technological innovations, I do agree we should have seen a lot more creativity than just "make giant killer robots" to terrorize and annihilate mutants.

That's the one. Been a while since I read Civil War and Bendis Avengers where that will have come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Oh, yes, called "SPIN," an acronym for Super-Power-Inhibiting Nanites. That said, considering Feilong through his misbegotten ownership of Stark Unlimited should have unfettered access to all of Tony's previous inventions and other technological innovations, I do agree we should have seen a lot more creativity than just "make giant killer robots" to terrorize and annihilate mutants.
    Yeah, Sentinels with Starktech should be absolutely horrifying. Yet so far they just seem like regular old Sentinels. Am I missing some crucial issue? What have these things actually done so far that suggests Starktech?