Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Mark Millar's second Ultimates run was wild.

I didn’t really care for him, but I enjoyed the story overall.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, Mackay's got Avengers, X-Men, and maybe still Moon Knight/Dr. Strange.

I'm not sure if Ewing will take on any more Marvel books outside Immortal Thor.
    He's still on Venom too, but only does about half the issues. There's speculation about him doing some DC books instead of more Marvel.

As for Mackay, yeah, he's definitely too busy. I expect the next Iron Man writer to maybe be someone who's just come off an X book, because pretty much everyone there's being replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Kael Ngu Cover N 20 (Instagram)

This is my last cover for this series - Invincible Iron Man #20 as the series come to an end. I had the time of my life working as the main cover artist for Iron Man, and I gave it my all in every piece. Ive gained many new fans and many new opportunities with this project, and I cant be more grateful to my fellow editors at Marvel - Darren, Noah and Katelyn for entrusting me with this dream task
    Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/C5xDaOXJQYH/

So, relaunch in August then, presumably.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Gregory was created because they didn't want to ruin Arno's reputation even further.

IMG_6626.jpg Quesada on Iron Man.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

IMG_6464.jpg Cool tribute art to Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    IMG_6626.jpg Quesada on Iron Man.
    For what it's worth, I'll always find Quesada's covers during the Heroes Return era quite favorable (XD)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

First look at ‘ALIENS VS AVENGERS’, a new comic series from writer Jonathan Hickman and artist Esad Ribic.

Releasing on July 24.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...52997083988184

First look at ‘ALIENS VS AVENGERS’, a new comic series from writer Jonathan Hickman and artist Esad Ribic.

Releasing on July 24.

WOW! I am sold! What a frigging team for this mini series! Thanks juan678.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    For what it's worth, I'll always find Quesada's covers during the Heroes Return era quite favorable (XD)

The Sentient Armor! Like the Venom symbiote with Spider-Man, but up to 11 and then some! Oh, not to mention the later/more recent comics having Tony experiment with symbiote-based armors, too, so two great tastes that can taste great together!

Releasing on July 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    WOW! I am sold! What a frigging team for this mini series! Thanks juan678.
    I'm curious to see how they mesh the Xenomorphs with the Avengers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Gregory was created because they didn't want to ruin Arno's reputation even further.
    Wasn't Arno probably only created fairly recently at that point?

I think he's a decent idea conceptually, me saying not having read any of this stuff. Its a nice visual contrast his blonde hair and white suit to Tony's black hair and black suit, its simple but simple works.

He offers a way of implementing the negative extreme of Tony's protective goals without having Tony be evil, and it helps he's not a straight-forward evil Iron Man rip. His actual powers are light and energy manipulation which would make him the Ultimate Universe version of the Living Laser.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

I think he's a decent idea conceptually, me saying not having read any of this stuff. Its a nice visual contrast his blonde hair and white suit to Tony's black hair and black suit, its simple but simple works.

He offers a way of implementing the negative extreme of Tony's protective goals without having Tony be evil, and it helps he's not a straight-forward evil Iron Man rip. His actual powers are light and energy manipulation which would make him the Ultimate Universe version of the Living Laser.
    Arno was actually created back in the mid-80s in a Machine Man mini that was a potential future timeline(2020). He was an evil version of Iron Man.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

And he could probably make a hard-light armor with those powers somewhat similar to the "Virtual Armor" that came about in the finale of Dan Slott's Iron Man 2020.

Arno was actually created back in the mid-80s in a Machine Man mini that was a potential future timeline(2020). He was an evil version of Iron Man.
    I thought he was more mercenary than outright evil, though I'd have to do a deeper dive to fully grasp the nuances of his character.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I thought he was more mercenary than outright evil, though I'd have to do a deeper dive to fully grasp the nuances of his character.
    I know, right?! Trimpe has never looked better...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."