Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's the one. Been a while since I read Civil War and Bendis Avengers where that will have come up.
    Don't forget Avengers: The Initiative. That's where I happened to first read about SPIN, and if I remember right, it was part of the subplot with a HYDRA mole in the Initiative trying to get his hands on some for his handlers.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Yeah, Sentinels with Starktech should be absolutely horrifying. Yet so far they just seem like regular old Sentinels. Am I missing some crucial issue? What have these things actually done so far that suggests Starktech?
    Even Carnage Reigns did a better job of indicating how dangerous the Stark Sentinels could or should be by revealing that they could connect or coordinate with each other through the VR (virtual reality) platform called the "eScape" that Tony invented a few years back and ultimately converted into his Virtual Armor, and then having Cletus Kasady hack into and hijack that connection through the Extrembiote he was inhabiting for the sake of making more mayhem. That ability to coordinate between each other through an advanced virtual network, if harnessed or depicted properly, could make the Stark Sentinels far more dangerous to anyone they face or target.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Oh, yes, called "SPIN," an acronym for Super-Power-Inhibiting Nanites. That said, considering Feilong through his misbegotten ownership of Stark Unlimited should have unfettered access to all of Tony's previous inventions and other technological innovations, I do agree we should have seen a lot more creativity than just "make giant killer robots" to terrorize and annihilate mutants.
    Feilong stealing Stark tech should have been another Armor Wars instead of a Mutant war storyline imo.

This storyline really doesn't seem personal to Tony to me.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Feilong stealing Stark tech should have been another Armor Wars instead of a Mutant war storyline imo.

This storyline really doesn't seem personal to Tony to me.
    Its my biggest issue with this run. Its been completely submerged with the X-Stuff and thus isn't really an Iron Man story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its my biggest issue with this run. Its been completely submerged with the X-Stuff and thus isn't really an Iron Man story.
    Kind of what most people figured when it was being written by the main X-Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    It doesn't have any fire. In the past, Tony was willing to fight friend and foe alike to recover his tech.

Now, he's hit rock bottom, lost his company, friends have been killed or imprisoned and it's like his sleepwalking through it. Where's the fire? Where's the anger? Maybe it's me but I just don't see it.

I don't think Feilong will go down as one of the great Iron Man villains by the end of this.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Feilong will go down as one of the great Iron Man villains by the end of this.
    And neither as an X-Men villain.
    "Cable was right!"

Feilong feels like kind of a prissy twerp. In a book that's had men like The Mandarin as a villain, Feilong feels like a step down.

I can't help but suspect that The Mandarin would literally eat this nerd. Like karate-chop him to pieces and eat him with soy sauce.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 01-30-2024 at 01:37 PM.

Feilong is no Ezekiel Stane.

I wonder how Tony would react to seeing the gift Cyborg gave Donna Troy in the finale of Titans Beast World? It's basically an Iron Man suit.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder how Tony would react to seeing the gift Cyborg gave Donna Troy in the finale of Titans Beast World? It's basically an Iron Man suit.
    He'd travel to the DC universe to take it from her thinking that it's his tech and start a new event... Armor War of the Gods! .

Feilong is no Ezekiel Stane.
    Actually he feels like Ezekiel Stane 2.0. There's that same vibe of a twerp whose bitten off more than he can chew, and who doesn't know it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Actually he feels like Ezekiel Stane 2.0. There's that same vibe of a twerp whose bitten off more than he can chew, and who doesn't know it.
    Zeke felt way more of a threat than Feidong.

Zeke felt way more of a threat than Feidong.
    I don't see it. Zeke is just Feilong with less money and inferior technology. There's that same twerp whose bitten off more than he can chew vibe to both characters.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 01-30-2024 at 02:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Kind of what most people figured when it was being written by the main X-Guy.
    I expected some crossover but not to the level of it all being about X-Stuff. Its similar issues with the Cantwell run where it feels more like a single very long story instead of multiple arcs.