Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I don't see it. Zeke is just Feilong with less money and inferior technology. There's that same twerp whose bitten off more than he can chew vibe to both characters.
    I feel like we got into Zeke's head better, plus there was the connection to Obadiah that made him more relevant to Tony...and he had a better design.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Feilong feels like kind of a prissy twerp. In a book that's had men like The Mandarin as a villain, Feilong feels like a step down.

I can't help but suspect that The Mandarin would literally eat this nerd. Like karate-chop him to pieces and eat him with soy sauce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Feilong is no Ezekiel Stane.
    Actually he feels like Ezekiel Stane 2.0. There's that same vibe of a twerp whose bitten off more than he can chew, and who doesn't know it.
    Zeke felt way more of a threat than Feidong.
    I don't see it. Zeke is just Feilong with less money and inferior technology. There's that same twerp whose bitten off more than he can chew vibe to both characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like we got into Zeke's head better, plus there was the connection to Obadiah that made him more relevant to Tony...and he had a better design.
    Yeah, even worse with Feilong, at least for me, is that he's a twerp who's willing to commit genocide and make a bunch of other people's lives as hellish as possible if not flat-out end lives along the way all because of his own parental issues, which just strikes me as pathetic, to be honest.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Zeke is a way more compelling and better threat than Feilong and doesn't give off those vibes. He has a connection to Tony and a much better backstory.

Zeke is an anarchist while Feilong comes across as another Snidely Whiplash.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, even worse with Feilong, at least for me, is that he's a twerp who's willing to commit genocide and make a bunch of other people's lives as hellish as possible if not flat-out end lives along the way all because of his own parental issues, which just strikes me as pathetic, to be honest.
    I agree. He just isn't compelling enough to be a villain for Tony.

Zeke is a way more compelling and better threat than Feilong and doesn't give off those vibes. He has a connection to Tony and a much better backstory.

Zeke is an anarchist while Feilong comes across as another Snidely Whiplash.
    Yes, he does give off those vibes. All he does is steal some of Stark's designs, make cheap knock-offs with the tech, and bomb stuff. Stark defeats him fairly quickly, singlehandedly, and mocks how he's not nearly as impressive as his dad. And his origin as the son of a previous villain is very generic. He's a twerp.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yes, he does give off those vibes. All he does is steal some of Stark's designs, make cheap knock-offs with the tech, and bomb stuff. Stark defeats him fairly quickly, singlehandedly, and mocks how he's not nearly as impressive as his dad. And his origin as the son of a previous villain is very generic. He's a twerp.
    And Reed Richards even pointed out at one point that Ezekiel was more imitative than innovative, or something to that effect, in the sense that someone could be smart or clever enough to think of new and/or different ways to use something that had already been invented and built, but that he (Zeke) didn't have the chops, intellectually speaking, to actually come up with something new and/or different on his own. Hell, the only reason he was one of Tony's "Five Nightmares" in that opening arc by Matt Fraction was that his knockoffs of Tony's repulsor tech could still cause a lot of damage to innocent people and threaten the world, and that was what Tony was really afraid of, that someday, someone would figure out how to weaponize his technology on the cheap and unleash unprecedented terror, chaos, and death in the process.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Not digging that hairdo for Riri. I prefer her with full, slightly messy hair, emphasizing the size of her brain, and her being a bit of a mad scientist. The hairdo in that picture doesn't visually signify anything interesting, and even apart from that is just ugly.

That kind of sounds like Feilong too, but I think Fraction wrote Zeke better.

Not digging that hairdo for Riri. I prefer her with full, slightly messy hair, emphasizing the size of her brain, and her being a bit of a mad scientist. The hairdo in that picture doesn't visually signify anything interesting, and even apart from that is just ugly.
    It's surprising they haven't had her grow it out since the Black Panther Wakanda Forever movie's release. Riri's hair is much longer in the MCU (very long braids). The short hair does work practically for her though, since what happens when she has her helmet on (Riri did actually have longer hair when she debuted, but cut it shorter around the time she came up with the Ironheart name, so I think the artists probably thought about this)? It's actually something that got lampshaded on the very first episode of Power Rangers. Kimberly (who had a bob that barely touched her shoulders) complained jokingly about hair getting tangled in the helmet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't care about pragmatism in a superhero comicbook. Full, slightly messy hair is a good visual signifier for what kind of character she is, and just looks cooler. Hated the braids in the movie for the same reason.

What do you guys think of the new Ultimate version of Tony Stark?

What do you guys think of the new Ultimate version of Tony Stark?
    I have to admire them for committing to Teen Tony again.

Seven panel version of The Mandarin vs Iron Man:

next panels

Panels after that