Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Honestly, Bishop feels like he could have a bit of a renaissance with the popularity of '97. More people getting introduced to him, the visual of his glowing veins when he uses his powers, and he's gonna be the cool time traveling guy. It's up! Gotta find a way for Marvel to sweep Messiah Complex from the records!

I'd agree on wanting to see him in the X-Force book but I hope whoever is writing him in the new era actually has some familiarity with his character. I would love to start cracking open some of his past with the XSE or having things he knew of from then start to pop up now. I wanna finally learn what he was doing for LeBeau that entire year he was off the XSE. I wanna see them being more creative with his absorption skills and remember that he's more than just an energy blaster. (Thank you, Deniz Camp!)

It also dawned on me that Bishop is one of the few Black men in comics to regularly rock different hairstyles. Y'all think he's picky about the product he uses lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Honestly, Bishop feels like he could have a bit of a renaissance with the popularity of '97. More people getting introduced to him, the visual of his glowing veins when he uses his powers, and he's gonna be the cool time traveling guy. It's up! Gotta find a way for Marvel to sweep Messiah Complex from the records!

I'd agree on wanting to see him in the X-Force book but I hope whoever is writing him in the new era actually has some familiarity with his character. I would love to start cracking open some of his past with the XSE or having things he knew of from then start to pop up now. I wanna finally learn what he was doing for LeBeau that entire year he was off the XSE. I wanna see them being more creative with his absorption skills and remember that he's more than just an energy blaster. (Thank you, Deniz Camp!)

It also dawned on me that Bishop is one of the few Black men in comics to regularly rock different hairstyles. Y'all think he's picky about the product he uses lmao
    Yeah, everything they give him is always a new story. Which is great, don't get me wrong (or at least... it's great when the story is great...). But his development so frequently just gets left there. It never goes anywhere. I want him commanding his way through new a time-cop war or something. There are so many rich character introductions, they should just find out the timeline is ending, and go on a rescue mission, and loop the end of their time to become our present in some weird time hoodoo.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Bishop had a pretty good showing in Episode 3 of X-Men '97. Him and Scott make a pretty good team.

I like what they did with him and baby Nate and looking forward to see how it plays out. It's a pretty good set-up.
    “You’re welcome.”

I love how in this show they showed that Bishop has some degree of super strength with the way he was able to grab and toss Wolverine like nothing with such velocity. I'll forgive them tho for his showing against X-Cutioner since that dude pretty much waxed the whole team and was just another case of the heroes jobbing to the new guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I love how in this show they showed that Bishop has some degree of super strength with the way he was able to grab and toss Wolverine like nothing with such velocity. I'll forgive them tho for his showing against X-Cutioner since that dude pretty much waxed the whole team and was just another case of the heroes jobbing to the new guy.
    Yeah, X-Cutioner pretty much held his own for a minute against everyone so we can let that slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Loved that whole scene and how Bishop made it look so effortless.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Bishop is my son's new favorite character after last night's episode. He loved the scene where Cyclops charged him up and Lucas "merck'd all those demons" as he put it. Now he's hoping he comes back to the present soon after taking baby Cable into the future. Just thought I'd share and the Bishop fans on here would enjoy that. Despite me pushing Wolverine and Cable, my favorites, my son is all about Bishop. He's his own man I guess.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Bishop is my son's new favorite character after last night's episode. He loved the scene where Cyclops charged him up and Lucas "merck'd all those demons" as he put it. Now he's hoping he comes back to the present soon after taking baby Cable into the future. Just thought I'd share and the Bishop fans on here would enjoy that. Despite me pushing Wolverine and Cable, my favorites, my son is all about Bishop. He's his own man I guess.
    It's great that you can share watching this with your son. Pretty cool.

Yeah, it's fun. My wife, daughter and son have been watching it with me. We make it a Wednesday night thing and order ice cream. My daughter is pretty into the whole Jean-Scott-Madelyne subplot and very intrigued by when we will see Bishop and baby Nathan again. I told her not to get too attached to the baby, as the next time we see him he's probably going to be full grown and going by Cable. Both kids are highly interested in my two favorite time travelers now, which makes me wonder if this show might help Bishop and Cable both see a resurgence in popularity.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Some Bishop fanart. This was my favorite look for bishop. But his goatee look was pretty good too.

I hope that Bishop gets his own solo mini series, or preferably an ongoing series.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Some Bishop fanart. This was my favorite look for bishop. But his goatee look was pretty good too.

Loving all these especially that first pic.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope that Bishop gets his own solo mini series, or preferably an ongoing series.
    I think a mini is better. So many ongoings outside of Wolverine get cancelled and plotlines are left hanging. But with a mini the writer will be able to complete their story.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I think a mini is better. So many ongoings outside of Wolverine get cancelled and plotlines are left hanging. But with a mini the writer will be able to complete their story.
    Very sound reasoning. Still believe a series revolving around the X.S.E. has potential, though...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Very sound reasoning. Still believe a series revolving around the X.S.E. has potential, though...

I did like the original X.S.E. I bought the mini.

Bishop gets introduced to the blue team. Early Bishop and Gambit tension. Where Gambit was suspected as traitor according to Bishop when it was actually Xavier (Onslaught).