Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think he will. And I’m looking forward to that too… even though it probably means my guy Cable is shuffled off to the background. You can’t really have two time traveling soldiers front and center at the same time. I’m sure Nathan will still be around, but a Bishop push is probably not good for his prospects of being a major player in the next era… unless he becomes the Heir of Apocalypse I suppose and ergo a villain for awhile. That could be interesting actually.

Regardless, it’s fine with me honestly. Marvel doesn’t seem to know what to do with Cable, so perhaps a bit of a cooling off period for him will do the character some good. Meanwhile, Bishop is due. So I’m looking forward to seeing some X-men ‘97 synergy in the comics myself with Bishop more front and center in this next era.
    They should consider another animated series with so many X-Men to choose from.

I'd like to see an animated X-Force series based on Rick Remenders' run.

So far, no sign of Bishop in any of the relaunches.

He’s coming. I’d bet X-Force or X-Factor.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    So far, no sign of Bishop in any of the relaunches.
    I'm hoping that Bishop will be part of X-Force though I would love it if we could get another Bishop solo series.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

He’s coming. I’d bet X-Force or X-Factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I'm hoping that Bishop will be part of X-Force though I would love it if we could get another Bishop solo series.
    Yeah, X-Force would be a good place for Bishop.

I don't understand why Marvel won't do a series with Bishop and Cable dealing with threats throughout various timelines. I know it sounds similar to E-Xiles but when has that ever stopped Marvel from being derivative. My idea for the line-up would be:

Bishop
    Cable
    Tempo
    Destiny
    X-23
    Forge
    Psylocke

I'm thinking this take will be more grounded, simply because it feels like in the new "From the Ashes" post-Krakoan era they are trying to get back to a more "back to basics" approach with the X-men... putting them in real world settings (New Orleans in Uncanny, Alaska in X-men, Chicago in Exceptional, New York in NYX, etc.) living amongst humanity where they're helping rescue mutants who are "hated and feared" and protecting an ungrateful world too. So while not a return to the mansion per se, definitely a return to the core premise. Thus I don't see them doing a lot of out there concepts like a multiverse hopping Exiles type book, at least not at launch, and they'll probably stay away from convoluted stuff too.

In that respect, it wouldn't surprise me if Cable is nowhere to be found at first and might show up down the road as a big guest-star or something; and I think they'll push Bishop over him as the resident "time traveling gun toting soldier" since he's in X-men '97 and they also need more POC characters in the line, since that looks a bit light in the three main X-men team books that were announced last week. At least IMO. My bet is Lucas is in X-Force with Mystique, Wolverine maybe Deadpool (MCU synergy factor) and some others. But I could be waaay off here. This is just an assumption on my part based on what we've seen and heard so far.

I'm thinking this take will be more grounded, simply because it feels like in the new "From the Ashes" post-Krakoan era they are trying to get back to a more "back to basics" approach with the X-men... putting them in real world settings (New Orleans in Uncanny, Alaska in X-men, Chicago in Exceptional, New York in NYX, etc.) living amongst humanity where they're helping rescue mutants who are "hated and feared" and protecting an ungrateful world too. So while not a return to the mansion per se, definitely a return to the core premise. Thus I don't see them doing a lot of out there concepts like a multiverse hopping Exiles type book, at least not at launch, and they'll probably stay away from convoluted stuff too.

In that respect, it wouldn't surprise me if Cable is nowhere to be found at first and might show up down the road as a big guest-star or something; and I think they'll push Bishop over him as the resident "time traveling gun toting soldier" since he's in X-men '97 and they also need more POC characters in the line, since that looks a bit light in the three main X-men team books that were announced last week. At least IMO. My bet is Lucas is in X-Force with Mystique, Wolverine maybe Deadpool (MCU synergy factor) and some others. But I could be waaay off here. This is just an assumption on my part based on what we've seen and heard so far.
    The only problem would be that all the books would have the same flavor. They need at least one book with a more proactive team, a group that's willing to deal with threats before they become threats. Maybe it's just me but I don't want 5-7 books with the same basic premise and settings.

And I'm wondering what happens to all the mutant villains? Now that Krakoa has ended, will the bad guys go back to being bad guys?

What I said is still compatible with a different flavored team that does exactly what you said, which is “a proactive team dealing with threats before they’re threats.” That’s precisely what I think X-Force will be, possibly with some villains or former villains on it like Mystique, Deadpool and/or Omega Red. But I don’t think it’ll be a multiversal, time-hopping book like Exiles.

What I said is still compatible with a different flavored team that does exactly what you said, which is “a proactive team dealing with threats before they’re threats.” That’s precisely what I think X-Force will be, possibly with some villains or former villains on it like Mystique, Deadpool and/or Omega Red. But I don’t think it’ll be a multiversal, time-hopping book like Exiles.
    There's no reason why they couldn't have two distinct teams that deal with that kind of threat. One for mutiversal threats, just they kind they've recently dealt with and the more Earthbound missions. No need to be an either or.

Come to think of it, Gail said her cast for Uncanny isn’t final and there are more members coming. Bishop could show up there and would be a great fit with that cast… Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Jubilee, Bishop, plus one or two more? Money!

Well, I can say that Bishop had a few moments in X-Men '97. Not too bad, just a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well, I can say that Bishop had a few moments in X-Men '97. Not too bad, just a few.
    Not bad at all but the new voice is gonna take some time for me to get use to hearing.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    What book is this? I am gonna look on Amazon to get it.
    D'oh! Please excuse the late response, I meant no offense. But yeah, that's the 1994 Bishop limited series from the creative team of Carlos Pacheco & John Ostrander (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-23-2024 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Fantastic Member

Maybe we will get lucky and get a Cincinnati Ohio X-Men book. Bishop could lead.

Bishop had a pretty good showing in Episode 3 of X-Men '97. Him and Scott make a pretty good team.

I like what they did with him and baby Nate and looking forward to see how it plays out. It's a pretty good set-up.