Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I did like the original X.S.E. I bought the mini.

Bishop gets introduced to the blue team. Early Bishop and Gambit tension. Where Gambit was suspected as traitor according to Bishop when it was actually Xavier (Onslaught).

LOL! Glad they buried the hatchet (provisionally speaking, of course... ):
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, it's fun. My wife, daughter and son have been watching it with me. We make it a Wednesday night thing and order ice cream. My daughter is pretty into the whole Jean-Scott-Madelyne subplot and very intrigued by when we will see Bishop and baby Nathan again. I told her not to get too attached to the baby, as the next time we see him he's probably going to be full grown and going by Cable. Both kids are highly interested in my two favorite time travelers now, which makes me wonder if this show might help Bishop and Cable both see a resurgence in popularity.

dang shouldn’t have spoiled it
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    dang shouldn’t have spoiled it
    She already knows who Cable is, as I used to read her the old Duane Swiercynski 'Cable' book when she was little as a bedtime story. Ha. She loved that comic, about a big gruff soldier dad trying to protect his daughter in one post apocalyptic future scenario after another. Now she's 16. Time flies. But she did appreciate how the show kind of redeemed Bishop by making him the hero who saves the baby, in this case Nathan himself, taking him to the future.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

She already knows who Cable is, as I used to read her the old Duane Swiercynski 'Cable' book when she was little as a bedtime story. Ha. She loved that comic, about a big gruff soldier dad trying to protect his daughter in one post apocalyptic future scenario after another. Now she's 16. Time flies. But she did appreciate how the show kind of redeemed Bishop by making him the hero who saves the baby, in this case Nathan himself, taking him to the future.
    Yeah, that was a good move on the show's part. Having Bishop be the one to mentor young Nathan should reveal some interesting results.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, that was a good move on the show's part. Having Bishop be the one to mentor young Nathan should reveal some interesting results.
    Can't wait until they both show back up now! Hope they also explain why Nathan didn't seem to know Lucas when they met before, in the old series.

Can't wait until they both show back up now! Hope they also explain why Nathan didn't seem to know Lucas when they met before, in the old series.
    Could be that they somehow got separated when Nathan was still a baby or that Apocalypse brainwashed Nathan into forgetting and making him think that Apocalypse was his father.

However they pull it off will be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I did like the original X.S.E. I bought the mini.

Bishop gets introduced to the blue team. Early Bishop and Gambit tension. Where Gambit was suspected as traitor according to Bishop when it was actually Xavier (Onslaught).

One of the sexiest (alpha male) panels. Really makes you miss when artists weren't afraid to show how big some characters actually are...

Modern artists, in comparison...

Like, is he really 6'6, or is that just what he puts on his Tinder?
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Bishop's size is all over the place. He goes from 6'6" to 6'1" on the reg.

Something that wasn't discussed was how Bishop used his powers to hide himself from detection when going to get weapons from the mansion. It was very clever how they described him using his powers to prevent Orchis from seeing him. Very creative. I wish they would explore more things like this other than him shooting his gun or blasts from his hands.

Same with Cable. He's supposed to be huge... 6'8" and 350 frickin' lbs! But most artists draw him like an inch or so taller than his dad, and he fluctuates between "brick shithouse" to lean like his daddy.

I'm really hoping that we get to find out pretty soon where Bishop is going to land post Krakoa. I still think it's going to be on X-Force but would love for some sort of confirmation.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I'm really hoping that we get to find out pretty soon where Bishop is going to land post Krakoa. I still think it's going to be on X-Force but would love for some sort of confirmation.
    Yeah, I hope we get some answers soon. I'd like to see them bring a version of X-Treme X-Men back with Bishop leading.

Yeah, I hope we get some answers soon. I'd like to see them bring a version of X-Treme X-Men back with Bishop leading.
    I could actually see that kind of being the premise of the new X-Factor book.

Well, just saw the new X-Force line-up and no Bishop. Here's to hoping he makes it onto a team in the next announcement.

Well, just saw the new X-Force line-up and no Bishop. Here's to hoping he makes it onto a team in the next announcement.
    Yeah X-Force would have been nice but it's looking like X-Factor will be the only possibility for Bishop in the new era.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

i was praying for X-Force but X-factor could be cool depending on the premise. He's obviously the perfect fit for detective stuff but if they're a government team again I'll wait and see lol.
    If he is on X-Factor hopefully they'll give us some Shard callbacks.