Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Was looking for this:

detail.jpg

Found this first.

2eacbff295f32e1c66c0fa40df3a7da2.jpg

I assume I'm obligated to share the second image. Internet Rules of some sort?
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m thinking Bishop is going to get some shine in the new era, as he’s on the roster of the X-men team in the Animated series revival. Not as sure about Cable after this upcoming mini. My guess is he will be relegated to more of a guest-star role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    With Marvel going all in on everything 90's? Fat chance, I'm expecting Cable, along with Bishop, Gambit, Jubilee, etc. to be front and centre in the new era.
    My guess is that Bishop ends up with Cable and Wolverine and a few others on an X-Force team.

What is Bishop's greatest energy absorption feat? Just how much can he absorb?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    What is Bishop's greatest energy absorption feat? Just how much can he absorb?
    He does have limits as Fabian Cortez exposed when he overloaded Bishop. As far as his greatest absorption feat I would go with Uncanny X-Men #304 when Magneto and the Acolytes crashed Illyana's funeral. I thought it was pretty cool to learn that Bishop's powers do not have an "off-switch."
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    My guess is that Bishop ends up with Cable and Wolverine and a few others on an X-Force team.
    It almost feels like that’s too many Type A alpha males on one squad. Unless they swap out old Cable for a more brash Kid Cable, who I’m not a fan of personally, but probably works better for story reasons in this scenario.

Or you could sub Logan for Laura, and that might be better actually since he will probably be on the main X-men team in the new era. Wouldn’t mind a Bishop and Cable led X-Force with Laura, Sage and some others.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 01-15-2024 at 07:09 PM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I don't think that having to many alpha male types on the same team has to be a bad thing. You can get fun stories if they bounce off of each other in interesting ways. Comics are fiction stories, not real life work places were there are designated supervisors that lay down or enforce rules.

It may not happen, but I would really love to see a Bishop/Logan/Cable team up. They were a good team in X-Cutioner's Song. I'd like to see that tried again. We didn't get much of it the first time.

I don't think that having to many alpha male types on the same team has to be a bad thing. You can get fun stories if they bounce off of each other in interesting ways. Comics are fiction stories, not real life work places were there are designated supervisors that lay down or enforce rules.

It may not happen, but I would really love to see a Bishop/Logan/Cable team up. They were a good team in X-Cutioner's Song. I'd like to see that tried again. We didn't get much of it the first time.
    I would absolutely love it if Bishop, Cable and Wolverine were all on a team together. If these 3 were working together in the Krakoa era Orchis would have been wiped out before dinner was finished cooking.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I would absolutely love it if Bishop, Cable and Wolverine were all on a team together. If these 3 were working together in the Krakoa era Orchis would have been wiped out before dinner was finished cooking.
    Well, at the very least they would have made a better intelligence agency than Krakoa era X-Force did.

He does have limits as Fabian Cortez exposed when he overloaded Bishop. As far as his greatest absorption feat I would go with Uncanny X-Men #304 when Magneto and the Acolytes crashed Illyana's funeral. I thought it was pretty cool to learn that Bishop's powers do not have an "off-switch."
    Didn't Bishop have a scene where he absorbed the original Onslaughts' powers? I have to go back and look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It almost feels like that’s too many Type A alpha males on one squad. Unless they swap out old Cable for a more brash Kid Cable, who I’m not a fan of personally, but probably works better for story reasons in this scenario.

Or you could sub Logan for Laura, and that might be better actually since he will probably be on the main X-men team in the new era. Wouldn’t mind a Bishop and Cable led X-Force with Laura, Sage and some others.
    It would be kind of interesting if Bishop became sort of a mentor to Kid Cable. That definitely would not go over well with older Cable.

Well, at the very least they would have made a better intelligence agency than Krakoa era X-Force did.
    If they ever decided to keep the Captains theme then these three plus Illyana or Polaris as the fourth

Now that you mention it, has Bishop ever been on one of the kill squad X-Force teams? He was associated with Storm's UNCANNY X-FORCE but that was significantly different from the other more military units.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Didn't Bishop have a scene where he absorbed the original Onslaughts' powers? I have to go back and look it up.

Do you have a scan of Bishop vs. Magneto & the Acolytes?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Yup, this is the one. Thanks .