Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default The Immortal Iron Fist Appreciation 2024

Hi all. Welcome to the Iron Fist appreciation thread! From the halls of K'un Lun to defending the streets of New York as a Hero For Hire, the immortal Iron Fist always hold back the storm when no one else can!

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Been thinking about this page a lot:

Iron Fist isn't just one character. Rather, the legacy is rich and vast. One day I hope to see these characters again.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Hoping 2024 will be Awesome for Iron Fist/H4H/Daughters of the Dragon (XD)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Happy New Year 2024 Iron Fist and Friends!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Happy New Year to Danny and his fans !

(Just make him Iron Fist again, you cowards!!!)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    (Just make him Iron Fist again, you cowards!!!)
    They don't even need to take the title away from Lin Lie, really. After all we have two Spider-Men right now. Two Hawkeyes. Two Wasps. Sort-of two Captains Marvel (Genis' miniseries last year was also titled CAPTAIN MARVEL). Two Wolverines (at least). Two Novas. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    They don't even need to take the title away from Lin Lie, really. After all we have two Spider-Men right now. Two Hawkeyes. Two Wasps. Sort-of two Captains Marvel (Genis' miniseries last year was also titled CAPTAIN MARVEL). Two Wolverines (at least). Two Novas. Etc.
    Honestly I don't really see why Lin Lie needs to be Iron Fist, he had his own thing as Sword Master. But I guess maybe he didn't sell as well that way (then again he's been pretty much a no-show lately anyways).

We already had Pei as possibly another Iron Fist and that's even assuming we need yet another double mantle situation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I don't really see why Lin Lie needs to be Iron Fist, he had his own thing as Sword Master. But I guess maybe he didn't sell as well that way (then again he's been pretty much a no-show lately anyways).

We already had Pei as possibly another Iron Fist and that's even assuming we need yet another double mantle situation.
    I think it was at least partly due to some of the concerns about cultural appropriation that got raised about Danny Rand when the Netflix series came out, with having a white man character as the master of an Asian martial art. I'm guessing Lin Lie got chosen to fill the role of Asian Iron Fist since he was an established character who could use a boost...especially since he had such a generic code name as "Sword Master".

I think it was at least partly due to some of the concerns about cultural appropriation that got raised about Danny Rand when the Netflix series came out, with having a white man character as the master of an Asian martial art. I'm guessing Lin Lie got chosen to fill the role of Asian Iron Fist since he was an established character who could use a boost...especially since he had such a generic code name as "Sword Master".
    I get it, but it still felt like a weird fit and I don't think Lin Lie really "wowed" enough as Iron Fist.

I dunno, "Sword Master" felt pretty on-brand .

Mighty Member

But it would have been far more interesting if say, a child of Davos was on earth or K'un-Lun and became Iron Fist. And if he were a good man but was torn to follow in his father's foot steps or Danny's. Now that would be a story will some real conflict.

Or better yet, the currently trend at Marvel is to have multiple characters with the same abilities. Something i do not like by the way. But why strip Danny of his abilities? Danny fans do not like that he just gave up the mantle and most Iron Fist fans are not fans of Lin Lie. Also the first Iron Fist, Quan Yaozu, is still walking around with the power of Iron Fist; but not Danny. Make that make sense!!

Mighty Member

fist techniques.jpg

Techniques of the Iron Fist?? Danny Rand Style!!

Mighty Member

fist heals dakota.jpg

One of my favorite Danny Rand non combat scenes. You can tell that Brubaker has a real love of the character!!

Mighty Member

I know that I have asked the question before but who would you consider Iron Fist's arch-enemy: Master Khan or Davos? I always felt it was Davos but some argue that it is Khan.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I know that I have asked the question before but who would you consider Iron Fist's arch-enemy: Master Khan or Davos? I always felt it was Davos but some argue that it is Khan.
    To me it's Davos. Master Khan works as a starter threat but his lack of appearances since the 70s make it hard to see him as an archenemy. I'd rank the Meachum trio as higher than Khan.

I'm curious what 6160's take on Danny could be. No one figured out what to do with Danny since pairing him up with Luke back in H4H. I'm hoping the 6160 universe could do figure it out.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    To me it's Davos. Master Khan works as a starter threat but his lack of appearances since the 70s make it hard to see him as an archenemy. I'd rank the Meachum trio as higher than Khan.

I'm curious what 6160's take on Danny could be. No one figured out what to do with Danny since pairing him up with Luke back in H4H. I'm hoping the 6160 universe could do figure it out.
    Have there been any solicitations of Danny being in the new Ultimate Universe?