My mans gonna gush about this team for a bit:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcBMCwhqauQ
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    My mans gonna gush about this team for a bit:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcBMCwhqauQ
    Thanks for sharing.

What I would like to see is a proper Husk come back - perhaps with better control of or an upgrade to her powers.

That mess with her dating Toad is best left forgotten.

And then there is Chamber... in AoA he had a... face.

He should either be resurrected with a body immune to his powers or have a suit made to help control them.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I adore this team. Outside of comics I recently bought the Chamber and M marvel legends figures I wish Chamber had one in the red suit.
    I have the entire classic series in floppy and love it. I also wish we got the intended M Penace origin from Lobdell. Call me nostalgic but I miss that era. Heres hopping the new X era has room for the members I wanna see Skin Husk and Chamber more. Looking forward to see how Jubes is handled in dead X-men. M dating Pietro is eww lol.
    X-Men Forever

Happy New Year to the Gen X Gang and their fans .

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I always had a weird relationship with Generation X. While I really love most of the characters individually, I never had great attachment to them as a team - I think their book lost steam way too soon and basically peaked with the Age of Apocalypse. Then Lobdell seemed to sort of lose interest in the book and Bachalo started experimenting with his style to mixed results for more than a year.

But I enjoyed seeing the characters spread out to the various X-teams and I'm hoping to see the trend continue in 2024.

Where should each character land if they’re not part of the same team?

For me:
    - Jubilee: I’d want her on the main “X-men” team again. We haven’t really seen her in a really major role as an adult, so it would be interesting to explore, especially considering the upcoming animated series.
    - Monet: If any X-character should become a world-renowned personality, Monet would be it. PAD’s X-factor hinted at her modelling career, but I’d want more to be done with the concept. That’s why I think she should join a team focused on rehabilitating mutantkind’s image alongside popular mutants like Dazzler, Northstar, Angel and Iceman.
    - Husk: She used to want to be a high-profile X-men, but I see her as someone who was disappointed by the reality of it. She sank extremely low during Aaron’s run, but has since recovered her sanity and would be the ideal candidate to help guide the next generations. To honor her brother and continue this character arc, I’d have her join a new version of the New Mutants tasked with rescuing young mutants struggling with their X-gene activation.
    - Chamber: Joe Casey’s X-men showed he can be pretty versatile. But I like how his personality clashes with Paige and I think he could also add a lot to a New Mutants revival that features members from various generations.
    - Skin: Probably the trickiest since he hasn’t really gotten any attention in decades. I’d like to see him interacting with other mutants, though. Possibly in a new version of the X-Corps/X-Corp concept as written by Morrison and Casey. Have them as an international organization helping mutants reaclimate to life outside Krakoa.
    - Synch: I really don’t like the Talon plotline, but I’d want to see him continue as an important leader within the X-Community. And since he wasn’t involved with most of the decisions that led to the fall of Krakoa, I think it could be a real opportunity to have him stand out in contrast to the usual suspects who are always calling the cards. So I’d keep on the main X-men team as leader, or a “rival” offshoot (New X-men).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Where should each character land if they’re not part of the same team?

For me:
    - Jubilee: I’d want her on the main “X-men” team again. We haven’t really seen her in a really major role as an adult, so it would be interesting to explore, especially considering the upcoming animated series.
    - Monet: If any X-character should become a world-renowned personality, Monet would be it. PAD’s X-factor hinted at her modelling career, but I’d want more to be done with the concept. That’s why I think she should join a team focused on rehabilitating mutantkind’s image alongside popular mutants like Dazzler, Northstar, Angel and Iceman.
    - Husk: She used to want to be a high-profile X-men, but I see her as someone who was disappointed by the reality of it. She sank extremely low during Aaron’s run, but has since recovered her sanity and would be the ideal candidate to help guide the next generations. To honor her brother and continue this character arc, I’d have her join a new version of the New Mutants tasked with rescuing young mutants struggling with their X-gene activation.
    - Chamber: Joe Casey’s X-men showed he can be pretty versatile. But I like how his personality clashes with Paige and I think he could also add a lot to a New Mutants revival that features members from various generations.
    - Skin: Probably the trickiest since he hasn’t really gotten any attention in decades. I’d like to see him interacting with other mutants, though. Possibly in a new version of the X-Corps/X-Corp concept as written by Morrison and Casey. Have them as an international organization helping mutants reaclimate to life outside Krakoa.
    - Synch: I really don’t like the Talon plotline, but I’d want to see him continue as an important leader within the X-Community. And since he wasn’t involved with most of the decisions that led to the fall of Krakoa, I think it could be a real opportunity to have him stand out in contrast to the usual suspects who are always calling the cards. So I’d keep on the main X-men team as leader, or a “rival” offshoot (New X-men).
    Jubilee been solicited in the new X-men relaunch this summer and she's WAAY too important on Dead X-men right now. Skin should have been with Blob on the MLF in Uncanny Avengers opposites Monet who is finding the imposter Captain Krakoa and that's a huge missed opportunity to link the plotline between him a Blob in Sabertooh's mini. Chamber and Husk had their cameo appearance in Uncanny Spider Man 5, so they're still hiding from Orchis. I don't know what happened to Mondo (The real Mondo) since he barely gets any spotlight after the New Mutants run.

Everett and Vault Laura's relationship will end at this point. I know it was a forced relationship and should have been one and done. Hopefully Ev makes it out of the Fall as he's gotten a hard nerf on Rise of the Powers of X being in a hoverchair and becomes the Black Xavier of a future team. There's been so much going on and he's been ambushed by The High Evolutionary. Looking forward to X-men 30 and Rise of Powers of X #1. Synch and Jubilee were the reasons I've been heavily invested in Gen X since its debut and the Phalanx crossover. Everett already proven himself to lead, but he's sometimes modest and selfless. The guy doesn't let ego get over his head like Scott, but that's what makes other writers choose to write other characters they're more familiar with than someone who's been dead for over 20 years.....

Someday, they all will be on the same team again.(Likely Synch, Jubilee, Monet, Chamber, and Husk with a couple of A listers)

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

What I would like to see is a proper Husk come back - perhaps with better control of or an upgrade to her powers.

That mess with her dating Toad is best left forgotten.

And then there is Chamber... in AoA he had a... face.

He should either be resurrected with a body immune to his powers or have a suit made to help control them.
    Ah the body thing. I wasn't on these forums when it came up with Cyclops and Karma but it must have already been discussed here, yeah? Wether or not mutants would pick a body that isn't missing parts caused by their mutation or parts lost in battle? Erm. Now that I think about it, did Hellion get his hands back? If only there were a member on this forum dedicated to that character that I could ask . . .
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Remember when the Gen X girls were in X-Corps with Radius from Alpha Flight?

xcorps.jpg

I would have liked to have seen Generation X team up or have competition with Radius, Flex, Ghost Girl and Murmur
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-04-2024 at 06:19 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It was criminal that they resurrected Skin and Synch, but never had a proper reunion issue/story. I know there was that Unlimited one, but it sucked, and I definitely would have preferred a Synch/M rekindled romance as opposed to whatever Hickman and Duggan thought they were doing with X23/Talon. Oh, and for the love of the Goddess, someone fix Sean again! Wtf was Spurrier thinking?
    Quoted for the frakking truth. They have been crapping on Banshee for way too long.

I love Generation X! I wish Husk and Chamber were used more. Skin deserves use too now that he's back.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Remember when the Gen X girls were in X-Corps with Radius from Alpha Flight?

xcorps.jpg

I would have liked to have seen Generation X team up or have competition with Radius, Flex, Ghost Girl and Murmur
    X-Corps was such a good concept. I loved how Morrison used the X-Corporation as an international team where basically any mutant could appear.
    Orlando did something similar with the Marauders in the Mutant First Strike special. I believe the concept could continue in X-men Unlimited, hopefully with more consistent art than the usual Marvel Unlimited comic.

This has me by the throat.
    The idea of Monet with Dazzler, Northstar, Angel and Iceman is sensational.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This has me by the throat.
    The idea of Monet with Dazzler, Northstar, Angel and Iceman is sensational.
    The drama! The quips! The banter (Monet-Warren, Jean-Paul-Bobby)! The glamour! I NEED THIS RIGHT NOW.
    (Bobby and Alison would be the token poors of the team)
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Ultimate Member

Man, that sort of thing would be fire. A whole book full of Hellfire Galas-worthy mutant celebrities. Toss in a few others from time to time, like Sunspot or Emma or Lila Cheney, and it writes itself.

There needs to be a mini, at least, drilling down on what's up with the Guthrie family. We get semi-regular updates on what Sam is up to, but no real idea what is up with Paige, Jay, Melody, etc. and there's a lot that could be going on there. Seeing Paige get more tied up in the 'big sister' role, now that Sam is off living on another planet and never really embraced the 'big brother / man of the house' role he seems cut out for (always been a bit of a personality mismatch, IMO. He *seems* like exactly the sort who would worry constantly about supporting his mom and sibs, sending money home, etc., and yet, literally the last thing on his mind. He's cut them, and any sense of familial responsibility, out of his mind entirely, and that just reads wrong for him...). A nice rant from Paige about how Sam got to go play space cowboy while she had to hang back and try to help their mom out would be interesting and serve as an explanation for where she's been all this time.