Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I’ve always said a lot of black X-Men fans act like they have a form of Stockholm syndrome when it comes to this franchise. I only came back to see how they would redeem Synch when I saw that he was resurrected, the X-23 dynamic I loved, but there is nothing that this franchise has ever given this black man other than annoyance over and over again.
    No lies detected.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I’ve always said a lot of black X-Men fans act like they have a form of Stockholm syndrome when it comes to this franchise. I only came back to see how they would redeem Synch when I saw that he was resurrected, the X-23 dynamic I loved, but there is nothing that this franchise has ever given this black man other than annoyance over and over again.
    Can’t be better said

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So why does Synch who had been gone for near 20 years have to go to the back because "others" need to be seen?

Because he got some page time for 3 years.

Unlike some of these other folks who have tons of it. Including characters that got minis, one shots, on-goings and page time in books. Yet their fans did NOTHING but complain about Synch existing.

So when does Kitty, Emma, Rogue, Laura, Beast, Magneto, Scott, Storm, Quinton, Cable, Gambit and others get to take back seats so others can get the spotlight? Oh that rule doesn't apply to them.
    With the exception of Quinten, I say the rule does not apply to them. The ones you listed are too engraved in the general audience perception of X-Men due to cross media, and being on the team during their pop culture zeitgeist, that YES, those characters will never take backs ever again. Especially with the back to non-Krakoa status we knew was coming for a year now.
    It’s way Justice League International will never be the main Justice League ever again, because the main 7 is too engrave in the zeitgeist now as the core members.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 03-22-2024 at 12:25 PM.

Which team Synch should go if he was allowed to be part of one of the 3 main books?
    Since he was in the heroic X-Men team, I can see him being in Simone's book.
    But at the same time, he may be in a darker place after Talon's death and want to be in the more mutant defense oriented team.
    And of course his power would make him a very good fit for the teacher team too.

So I don't know. When I'm replacing other team members in my head, he ends up in the Alaska team, buy all 3 choices seem valid to me.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Has Synch ever tried to imitate Dragoness?

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Which team Synch should go if he was allowed to be part of one of the 3 main books?
    But at the same time, he may be in a darker place after Talon's death and want to be in the more mutant defense oriented team.
    And of course his power would make him a very good fit for the teacher team too.

So I don't know. When I'm replacing other team members in my head, he ends up in the Alaska team, buy all 3 choices seem valid to me.
    If they decide to do another Uncanny Avengers I'd like to see him on the Unity team.

I rather him go to Rogue's team and see if him and Jubilee can be more than friends.
    But I have this feeling they are not going to be using him going forward. As I said the Krakoa era was great, but now I feel like they are regressing with this Nostalgic mess.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Good question. I think I'd like him best in MacKay's book especially if his developing broship with Cyclops was continued.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Is Synch the first African American male X-man? I was listening to something recently nad that was mentioned and I was like that cant be right but now that i think. about it, I cant think of anyone before 2019 which is a damn shame

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is Synch the first African American male X-man? I was listening to something recently nad that was mentioned and I was like that cant be right but now that i think. about it, I cant think of anyone before 2019 which is a damn shame
    If you count Prodigy but he wasnt even a full fledged X-man to begin with. When he did become one it lasted 5 seconds smh.

Am i not sure if Frenzy is African American as well.
    Last edited by IN-a-Synch; 03-26-2024 at 12:55 PM.
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    If you count Prodigy but he wasnt even a full fledged X-men to begin with. When he did become one it lasted 5 seconds smh.
    when was that? You counting the Utopia era where Cyclops said that all mutants count as X-men? if so, I guess technically but that wasnt any dedicated squad

when was that? You counting the Utopia era where Cyclops said that all mutants count as X-men? if so, I guess technically but that wasnt any dedicated squad
    Hence me saying he wasn't a full fledged X-man, because the team with Hellion and X-23, Surge etc was a team that he was affiliated and a member. They weren't "X-men" but juniors in training.
    Frenzy was a X-man but again I'm not sure if she is African American.

Synch was definitely the first and pretty much only depending on how you view Cloak and the Dark X-Men.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who

I would be fine with Uncanny or X-Men. I wouldn't want Ev anywhere near Exceptional X-Men.

Amazing Member

Given how prominent he was during Krakoa, this comment was sad to read