Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I refuse to believe our boy will be missing for long. He's come a long way in a short amount of time and that momentum needs to be picked up again. Long live Ev!
    Wish I could share you level of belief and enthusiasm. However, I feel they know full well what they want to give focus to with releasing the books they did first. Also i just have no faith in this office to really do anything substantial to develop black male mutants.

Im fine with Synch not being on the main X-men lineup bc he already was for 3 years straight and was even chosen as leader in that last year. Even then people complained that most members didnt get much focus but the same cant be said of Synch bc Duggan definitely did highlight him. There is nothing wrong with other characters getting a chance in the spotlight.

Ultimate Member

So why does Synch who had been gone for near 20 years have to go to the back because "others" need to be seen?

Because he got some page time for 3 years.

Unlike some of these other folks who have tons of it. Including characters that got minis, one shots, on-goings and page time in books. Yet their fans did NOTHING but complain about Synch existing.

So when does Kitty, Emma, Rogue, Laura, Beast, Magneto, Scott, Storm, Quinton, Cable, Gambit and others get to take back seats so others can get the spotlight? Oh that rule doesn't apply to them.

So does it seem to ONLY apply to Synch? Prodigy? Chris Muse? Hellion? Academy Kids? Generation X?

I know Ms Marvel is not going to take a backseat.

The optics look BAD if one of the leads of this era is suddenly in the background and the rest of lighter shades are not.

Well, I came back to reading X-books because they were finally doing something with Ev and Bish'.

I hope that they have plans for these two.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So why does Synch who had been gone for near 20 years have to go to the back because "others" need to be seen?

Unlike some of these other folks who have tons of it. Including characters that got minis, one shots, on-goings and page time in books. Yet their fans did NOTHING but complain about Synch existing.

So when does Kitty, Emma, Rogue, Laura, Beast, Magneto, Scott, Storm, Quinton, Cable, Gambit and others get to take back seats so others can get the spotlight? Oh that rule doesn't apply to them.

So does it seem to ONLY apply to Synch? Prodigy? Chris Muse? Hellion? Academy Kids? Generation X?

The optics look BAD if one of the leads of this era is suddenly in the background and the rest of lighter shades are not.
    Hellion has the worst luck compared to Ev and David right now. Nothing is announced for Jullian and he barely been spotlighted in Krakoa era.

First off again not all books have been detailed and the final rosters of the ones that have been teased, have not been revealed

If going to the back equates not being on the main X-men team, then thats the case for most of the characters you mention. Up until Fall of X which been using whichever characters are left as X-men, Beast, Kitty, Emma, Quentin, Cable and Gambit have not been on the main X-men roster. Scott was dead for years. Magneto's been dead for almost 2

And no it doesnt only apply to Synch. Fans of Polaris, Moonstar, Jubilee, Betsy, Cannonball, Rachel, Angel, Banshee, etc...have made similar complaints

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherflash View Post
    Hellion has the worst luck compared to Ev and David right now. Nothing is announced for Jullian and he barely been spotlighted in Krakoa era.
    Julian hasnt been featured as part of the main cast of any book since New X-men ended. The most he's ever gotten since then was showing up in the B-plot of the all female X-men team
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-17-2024 at 01:44 AM.

Honestly I get where you're coming from on this as it does look bad especially considering Synch, Prodigy and Bishop didn't get to make the cut on the Uncanny X-Men #700 cover. Before anyone comes running to the X-Office's defense yes I know that Larraz took responsibility for it so save your breath because the excuse was weak. Hopefully a couple of these men will end up in X-Force or X-Factor. I'm waiting on the reveals of the lineups for those 2 books but I would be lying if I said it doesn't feel like the same old **** from the X-Office when it comes to black men.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Honestly I get where you're coming from on this as it does look bad especially considering Synch, Prodigy and Bishop didn't get to make the cut on the Uncanny X-Men #700 cover. Before anyone comes running to the X-Office's defense yes I know that Larraz took responsibility for it so save your breath because the excuse was weak. Hopefully a couple of these men will end up in X-Force or X-Factor. I'm waiting on the reveals of the lineups for those 2 books but I would be lying if I said it doesn't feel like the same old **** from the X-Office when it comes to black men.
    Yeah, as much as you want to give them the chance to prove you wrong, more often than not they prove you right. WHy not just have them in the cover shots if they're going to be a part of any of these teams.

Ultimate Member

He drew who he was ALLOWED to draw. Because at the end of the day editorial approves those covers.

Also some artist just get told to do art that the company buys and uses later on. If at all. Especially if you are doing a ton of variants for a milestone issue.

So I don't blame Larraz.

Now if we get tons of X-Men 700 variants and Synch and Bishop are MIA-yeah there is a huge issue.

Even Jubliee and Dani and Sunspot were MIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, as much as you want to give them the chance to prove you wrong, more often than not they prove you right. WHy not just have them in the cover shots if they're going to be a part of any of these teams.
    I really do hope that they prove us wrong but you are absolutely right that it rarely ends up being the case. Here at the end of Krakoa it's clear that we were right about Bishop's Great Captain status being a paper title. Same thing with Synch being leader of the X-Men.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

I really do hope that they prove us wrong but you are absolutely right that it rarely ends up being the case. Here at the end of Krakoa it's clear that we were right about Bishop's Great Captain status being a paper title. Same thing with Synch being leader of the X-Men.
    Even Synch's brief stint as leader wasn't really much to talk about. And Bishop the Great Captain, lol. Might as well have been Cap'n Crunch.

Incredible Member

I’ve always said a lot of black X-Men fans act like they have a form of Stockholm syndrome when it comes to this franchise. I only came back to see how they would redeem Synch when I saw that he was resurrected, the X-23 dynamic I loved, but there is nothing that this franchise has ever given this black man other than annoyance over and over again.

I'm being cautiously optimistic, but Synch will probably be in one of the new X-Books. Ms. Marvel isn't in any of those promos either, and there's no way the X-Office is letting her out of their sight, not after that clumsy retcon. I'm also glad that I'm not the only one who noticed how the X-Office has a glaring blind spot when it comes to black male mutants.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I’ve always said a lot of black X-Men fans act like they have a form of Stockholm syndrome when it comes to this franchise. I only came back to see how they would redeem Synch when I saw that he was resurrected, the X-23 dynamic I loved, but there is nothing that this franchise has ever given this black man other than annoyance over and over again.
    Here is the thing Generation X gave you an interesting character in Synch. Same with New X-Men Academy with Prodigy.

The common issue we keep seeing is nobody bothers to follow up.

We were suppose to have a Synch story in one of the X-Men books that was nothing more than a Talon and X-23 story. Yet it was promoted as a Synch one.

Here is the thing Generation X gave you an interesting character in Synch. Same with New X-Men Academy with Prodigy.

The common issue we keep seeing is nobody bothers to follow up.

We were suppose to have a Synch story in one of the X-Men books that was nothing more than a Talon and X-23 story. Yet it was promoted as a Synch one.
    Thats bc it was a Synch story. I can understand not liking it but I think its false to claim it was just a Talon/X-23 story. X-23 was removed very early and Talon got almost zero characterization and development. She simply existed to support Synch. She developed zero relationships with any of her teammates and Im struggling to think of any one on ones that did not involve Synch. She had no voice so how can this have been considered her story by any stretch of the imagination? In the end she was fridged and that was only done to provide him with a dilemna. Nobody reacted and no one cared that she died. And bc they failed to circle back and bring X-23 back into the fold, the little time spent with Talon will essentially be forgotten as there were ways to impact Young Laura and make the split worth something