Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Not really sure how I feel about this to be honest. I truly don't care about that character but hate for Ev to have to deal with more heartaches and grief.
    I'm unsure about it as well.

spoilers:
    I think eventually he'll have to let her go because he won't be able to psychically hold her forever. I just hope it doesn't drag on for the next few months. Let's just end it soon if this is the direction it's going.
    end of spoilers
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think so. Synch did have the rainbow aura in this era. It really stopped when he got the recall power bc he wasn't synching with other characters as much

Dauterman is the only one of the modern artists who really makes it look great. And really only for limited splash pages/covers, which I referred to in my previous post.

Recalling powers or not, his mutation is supposed to be the synchronistic aura, so even when he's recalling, the aura should activate. I think it's a great, unique visual that most modern colorists struggle with or avoid entirely, to the character's detriment.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'm unsure about it as well.

spoilers:
    I think eventually he'll have to let her go because he won't be able to psychically hold her forever. I just hope it doesn't drag on for the next few months. Let's just end it soon if this is the direction it's going.
    end of spoilers
    I dont like this development as I think its going to drive him insane if not outright kill him. spoilers:
    Its one thing to recall powers every now and then. For him to hold talon's mind in his head means he is constantly recalling Jean's powers andd he should be aging by the second
    end of spoilers

I dont like this development as I think its going to drive him insane if not outright kill him. spoilers:
    Its one thing to recall powers every now and then. For him to hold talon's mind in his head means he is constantly recalling Jean's powers andd he should be aging by the second
    end of spoilers
    That's what I'm afraid of too. He's going to try to hold on for as long as he can and it's likely going to impact him out in the field.

On the topic of his rainbow, this was more subtle but I liked how Bryan Hitch and color artist Alex Sinclair played with it in Venom #14 during Dark Web.

That's what I'm afraid of too. He's going to try to hold on for as long as he can and it's likely going to impact him out in the field.

On the topic of his rainbow, this was more subtle but I liked how Bryan Hitch and color artist Alex Sinclair played with it in Venom #14 during Dark Web.

It's going to play out one of 2 ways I fear. He either holds on too long and it kills him or a merge will happen. Either way Ev loses so I would rather they just rip the band-aid off instead of dragging this development out for months.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

It's going to play out one of 2 ways I fear. He either holds on too long and it kills him or a merge will happen. Either way Ev loses so I would rather they just rip the band-aid off instead of dragging this development out for months.
    Merge with Synch? I dont see how that would work. I think they are writing a tragic end to this love story where he will have to make the painful decision of letting her go or die with her.

They might just be setting up to merge Talon's mind with Wolverine's. It would be interesting to read Laura wrestling with whether or not to accept Talon's memories. I'm also tired of that limitation of Synch's powers, only being able to hold onto 1-2 powers at once without proximity was limiting enough. The aging thing was lame with Velocidad and lame here.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    They might just be setting up to merge Talon's mind with Wolverine's. It would be interesting to read Laura wrestling with whether or not to accept Talon's memories. I'm also tired of that limitation of Synch's powers, only being able to hold onto 1-2 powers at once without proximity was limiting enough. The aging thing was lame with Velocidad and lame here.
    I had the same exact thought then I envisioned the riot that would ensue by certain fans. LOL

Merge with Synch? I dont see how that would work. I think they are writing a tragic end to this love story where he will have to make the painful decision of letting her go or die with her.
    No not with Synch. I meant merging the minds of Talon\X-23
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who

No not with Synch. I meant merging the minds of Talon\X-23
    Okay, that makes more sense but if that does happen, I hope Laura has agency in deciding that for herself as opposed to it being forced on her

I had the same exact thought then I envisioned the riot that would ensue by certain fans. LOL
    Dude they are going to lose their **** if it happens.... Ok I want them to go the merge route.

Okay, that makes more sense but if that does happen, I hope Laura has agency in deciding that for herself as opposed to it being forced on her
    I don't see Ev forcing it on her even though I doubt that it being her choice will make any difference to her fans.

I don't see Ev forcing it on her even though I doubt that it being her choice will make any difference to her fans.
    The scenario I can see is Synch is needed to save the X-men but spoilers:
    holding onto Talon is killing him. Laura understands that and she decides in order to save him to accept Talon. I dont think that plotline may necessarily get resolved and the two personalities may share a body for a bit before they are integrated into one mind as what happened with Jean and Madelyne in Judgement War
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-17-2024 at 09:58 AM.

The scenario I can see is Synch is needed to save the X-men but spoilers:
    holding onto Talon is killing him. Laura understands that and she decides in order to save him and decides to accept Talon. I dont think that plotline may necessarily get resolved and the two personalities may share a body for a bit before they are integrated into one mind as what happened with Jean and Madelyne in Judgement War
    end of spoilers
    I can definitely see it playing out along those lines.

It's great to see Ev having a lasting role among the X-Men(So far). I really hope they keep this up and he continues to lead a teram.

If they wanted to place some kind of limitation or inhibit the use of his abilities, why not just say that he loses a bit of himself the longer he synchs with another mutant. His personality begins to diminish while the other mutant's personality becomes more dominant. If he synchs to long with Sabretooth then more of his behavioral traits begin to take over.