Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's great to see Ev having a lasting role among the X-Men(So far). I really hope they keep this up and he continues to lead a teram.

If they wanted to place some kind of limitation or inhibit the use of his abilities, why not just say that he loses a bit of himself the longer he synchs with another mutant. His personality begins to diminish while the other mutant's personality becomes more dominant. If he synchs to long with Sabretooth then more of his behavioral traits begin to take over.
    That seems way too similar to what they do with Rogue. Quite frankly, he isnt around too many unstable mutants like Sabretooth for that to work. I mean the main person he's been synching with is Jean

My only hope is that this doesn’t end with Synch taken off the board somehow because of the stupid power limitations. I just need him to get to the next era so we can get him written by someone other than Duggan who is interested in more than playing out this tragic romance angle.

Great issue today for Synch I thought. I really hope he does not fade to limbo.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That seems way too similar to what they do with Rogue. Quite frankly, he isnt around too many unstable mutants like Sabretooth for that to work. I mean the main person he's been synching with is Jean
    It would make sense seeing as they have a similar powerset and he doesn't have to be around unstable mutants. But in Ev's case it could be that he has multiple personalities, each of the mutants whose powers he synched with.

This could make him closer to Legion and probably just as if not more powerful.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm not sure how I feel about XM 30.
    I'm actually okies with what transpired between Ev and Talon...it's one way to address the Two Lauras issue. It should be interesting to see what Duggan does with it given the short space of time left.

My problem is the execution of the entire issue. It's very choppy with no real focus and nothing moving forward with everyone just "standing by" which felt odd considering what transpired in FotHoX. The "main fight" with HE occurred entirely off-panel with the final moments lacking any real emotional resonance because it was expositioned after the fact. Everything is just dragging slower and slower along...and I didn't think that was possible.

That said...I'm clocking out on this book for the next few months. I'll pop back in to see the very end but for now this isn't worth my time or money.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

It would make sense seeing as they have a similar powerset and he doesn't have to be around unstable mutants. But in Ev's case it could be that he has multiple personalities, each of the mutants whose powers he synched with.

This could make him closer to Legion and probably just as if not more powerful.
    i think the difference is Rogue's power is absorption and she aborbs a person's psyche along with their power and thats how its been sine day one. Synch doenst absorb anything; its pure mimicry

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    My only hope is that this doesn’t end with Synch taken off the board somehow because of the stupid power limitations. I just need him to get to the next era so we can get him written by someone other than Duggan who is interested in more than playing out this tragic romance angle.
    You and me both. It would be really messed up for Synch to be taken off the board now after being gone for so long. I don't put it past the X-Office to do it but it would be nice if they let him go into the new era and actually have an actual run as leader of the X-Men. I mean yes he technically is currently the leader but in all honesty it's been nothing more than a paper title so far.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about XM 30.
    I'm actually okies with what transpired between Ev and Talon...it's one way to address the Two Lauras issue. It should be interesting to see what Duggan does with it given the short space of time left.

My problem is the execution of the entire issue. It's very choppy with no real focus and nothing moving forward with everyone just "standing by" which felt odd considering what transpired in FotHoX. The "main fight" with HE occurred entirely off-panel with the final moments lacking any real emotional resonance because it was expositioned after the fact. Everything is just dragging slower and slower along...and I didn't think that was possible.

That said...I'm clocking out on this book for the next few months. I'll pop back in to see the very end but for now this isn't worth my time or money.
    This is basically how I felt. I didn't feel inspired to write up a review thread because the issue, aside from the ending, didn't do it for me. The timing seems a little wonky with the Cyclops scene and FotHoX. I'll stick around to see what happens with Everett but now that the line has been trimmed down I feel the flagship, at the moment, is at the bottom of the heap for me.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    i think the difference is Rogue's power is absorption and she aborbs a person's psyche along with their power and thats how its been sine day one. Synch doenst absorb anything; its pure mimicry
    Yeah but there's no reason to say it couldn't happen to Ev just because it never happened before. There could be circumstances where this manifests itself.

Also, Ev is very confident and self-assured and his personality may have been too dominant for something like this to happen early on. But who's to say that there can't be something lurking underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    This is basically how I felt. I didn't feel inspired to write up a review thread because the issue, aside from the ending, didn't do it for me. The timing seems a little wonky with the Cyclops scene and FotHoX. I'll stick around to see what happens with Everett but now that the line has been trimmed down I feel the flagship, at the moment, is at the bottom of the heap for me.
    FotHoX 01 started the ball and momentum rolling...then Duggan gives us this quite lull filled with a bunch of talking heads not saying much (some of which is actually repeated elsewhere in IIM) and doing very little.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

FotHoX 01 started the ball and momentum rolling...then Duggan gives us this quite lull filled with a bunch of talking heads not saying much (some of which is actually repeated elsewhere in IIM) and doing very little.
    You know, it's a little telling that they turn Ev into the leader of the X-Men after the attack by Orchis but he's done very little leading.

Will have have a major role in helping to bring down Orchis and reunite the X-Men? I hope so.

It's not telling in the the way you are implying...it's more that this entire Fall of X has been shoddily written and executed. They're scrambling trying to tie-up loose ends that don't really serve a purpose in the overall plot and as a result the stories are all over the place with no import being placed where it truly needs to be.

It's not telling in the the way you are implying...it's more that this entire Fall of X has been shoddily written and executed. They're scrambling trying to tie-up loose ends that don't really serve a purpose in the overall plot and as a result the stories are all over the place with no import being placed where it truly needs to be.
    No inuendo in my post. It's telling that they have no idea what they're doing.

No inuendo in my post. It's telling that they have no idea what they're doing.
    I stand corrected.

I stand corrected.
    Hey, you're standing!!!!! It's all good, lol.

It was more that they likely want the usual suspects to be hero in the end instead of the new generation to take the lead.