Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm talking when he was originally resurrected. Screw the Children of the Vault. Another ridiculous concept that has zero interest for me.

Him dying was a huge plot point in the original Generation X run. It destroyed the team's trust in Emma. It destroyed Monet. All of that got ignored.

As soon as he woke up, she should have been right there. She should have given him his mind back.

The writers fumbled that completely.
    it would have been problematic as he died as a 16 year old and Monet is now a grown woman with life experiences. At least with his second resurrection, the Vault story took care of that and aged him up mentally but by then Monet was a distant memory

BANNED

Hmm... I guess I have to go back and read Everett's first resurrection again to figure out if Monet actively pursued Everett after the fact or, why she didn't.
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-18-2024 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Pic(s) added.

For me, given how the sliding timeline works, Ev only missed like three years, tops. If the entirety of X-Men canon is barely 10 years for them, the beginning of the Morrison era to Krakoa isn't that much. I think that is a flimsy excuse.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I love Everett and he's been just as kind, dedicated, and light-hearted as he's always been for me. He's been written more seriously during the Fall of X for sure but I love going back to read his broship moments with Bobby last year, and developing relationships with Scott and Jean in this era.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

Hmm... I guess I have to go back and read Everett's first resurrection again to figure out if Monet actively pursued Everett after the fact or, why she didn't.
    Their New Mutants cameo after Ev's resurrection and her reaction when he joined the X-men shows she blames herself over his death and how she's now a different person. Still, Duggan should have made both of them talk about it when she appeared in X-men # 20-21.

I'll settle for him finally switching to his Hellfire outfit as his regular costume...even if it's just to DIE in it. :-P
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I like the energy of that image, but I would ditch the skirt parts if it became his actual costume. I love Ev (and Monet) in red! His current outfit is so generic, I'd even take this one with the skirty parts, just to give him something!

Also, while it almost kinda made sense back in the 90's when Michael Jordan was en vouge, and it's definitely his defining attribute other than the aura, I think it's okay if Ev grew some hair on his head. Especially now that he's a 'grown man'. I couldn't believe they kept him bald in that CotV story, even into the far future with a beard. He's not actually bald, he shaves!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I had this idea in the Xmen thread but I wonder if Synch will attempt to resurrect Talon himself. He should have all the tools to do it (he's spent time around the Five). The DNA can easily be swiped from Laura and either he can try the mind transfer or get Emma to assist him. I can see him failing bc using all 5 powers at once and at their highest efficiency should be taxing on him. With each attempt causing him to age a couple of years, we could get a much older Synch by the end of Fall of X

I’d rather he use Laura’s memories to come to the realization that they only “fell in love” because they were trapped together, under duress.

Let Laura-ish go. The character isn’t good enough to have two versions floating about, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I had this idea in the Xmen thread but I wonder if Synch will attempt to resurrect Talon himself. He should have all the tools to do it (he's spent time around the Five). The DNA can easily be swiped from Laura and either he can try the mind transfer or get Emma to assist him. I can see him failing bc using all 5 powers at once and at their highest efficiency should be taxing on him. With each attempt causing him to age a couple of years, we could get a much older Synch by the end of Fall of X
    I would think that theoretically he could plus Talon wouldn't have any of that Sinister DNA so Hope really wouldn't be required. I think you may be on to something.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Who knows...that's probably why he looks the way he does in RotPoX and is in a wheelchair.

I don't like that idea at all for the very consequences you gave. He's smarter than that. He wouldn't make such an attempt because of the high risk of failure but also there is another Laura still alive. His best course would be to try to integrate both psyches with Jean's help and with New Laura's consent. That would make for a more compelling character story. Because it would be the right thing to attempt at the risk of losing the love he had...or maybe not...New Laura would be around the same age as he, before they both went into the vault.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Doesn't he need a back-up of her psyche? It would be pretty cool if he could pull this off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I’d rather he use Laura’s memories to come to the realization that they only “fell in love” because they were trapped together, under duress.

Let Laura-ish go. The character isn’t good enough to have two versions floating about, anyway.
    I think he's fully aware of that. I mean he and Laura didnt fall for each other despite spending a year on the same team. X-men #8 already addressed this and he didnt have the same feelings for her bc she wasnt the same Laura that he fell for. The circumstances that they went through in the Vault shaped what they were able to develop

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Doesn't he need a back-up of her psyche? It would be pretty cool if he could pull this off.
    Did you not read the latest issue of X-men? spoilers:
    He backed her up before she died. Her psyche is currently living in his head
    end of spoilers and is what prompted this speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Who knows...that's probably why he looks the way he does in RotPoX and is in a wheelchair.

I don't like that idea at all for the very consequences you gave. He's smarter than that. He wouldn't make such an attempt because of the high risk of failure but also there is another Laura still alive. His best course would be to try to integrate both psyches with Jean's help and with New Laura's consent. That would make for a more compelling character story. Because it would be the right thing to attempt at the risk of losing the love he had...or maybe not...New Laura would be around the same age as he, before they both went into the vault.
    Jean's dead so he doesnt have her as an option. His resources are limited which is what would fuel the desperation

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 10.18.26 AM.jpg
    I dont think he'd approach Laura with this bc based on this past comment, I dont think he'd feel it would be fair to thrust those memories on her and put her in a position to even make that decision. If there is a merger to be had, i think she will have to be the one to prompt that conversation
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-19-2024 at 11:20 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post

Besides Young Laura's relationship with Hellion is still relevant. Letting go of Vault Laura closes Synch's Krakoa era arc and their relationship in the Vault.

Did you not read the latest issue of X-men? spoilers:
    He backed her up before she died. Her psyche is currently living in his head
    end of spoilers and is what prompted this speculation
    No, I did not.