Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Speaking of a novel explaining her resurrection, one interesting thing would be to perhaps tie it in with the Viscus/Tarron/Merrin backstory which was part of the Dathomir stuff in JEDI:FALLEN ORDER since they seem to have happened at roughly the same time.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I feel like this episode was trying to walk back some of the seeming short-cut to Force powers that Midi-chlorians introduced. Ventriss didn't do a blood test, so it wasn't scientific - they left it up for interpretation, which helps preserve some of the mystique. (that a lot of people thought was destroyed by midi-chlorians)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-01-2024 at 01:03 AM.

Yeah, I thought so too. ROTS also brought Midichlorians but didn't bother with too much scientific stuff like Qui-Gon talking about cells, symbioses etc. in TPM.

Two episodes released today, one is a Tantiss one guest-starring Cad Bane and Tarkin.

The other is the Empire, led by the assassin clone, launching an attack on the Batch's island refuge to re-capture Omega.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-03-2024 at 08:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

That was a pretty solid one two punch, we got a lot of great character work in the first episode as well as more insight into the cloning program and in the second we got some fantastic action and real feeling that things are going to come to a huge head in the end.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

It always puts a new perspective on things when it involves kids, huh? And it's especially rough being a Force Sensitive child in the age of the Empire.

This isn't the first time Cad Bane kidnapped Force Sensitive kids but it feels like a waste of his talents.

Really not sure how I feel about Scorch knocking out and keeping kids captive.

Anyone hoping for a Cid comeuppance will have to settle for the Shadow Assassin roughing her up...but she still ended up screwing the Batch over in the end.

So is Emerie like an Omega Clone that Nala Se never prioritized beyond being a research assistant? Which is why she was aged up compared to Omega?

It's like every time someone in the Empire tries to do something they run up to a wall because it "costs too much."

Ha! Of course they're leaving just as the people looking for them show up.

Pabu getting invaded by the Empire was inevitable, but it still hurt to see.

I almost knew that Crosshair was going to miss the shot because it was literally the one shot he could not miss. Hunter is probably going to throttle him for letting Omega go through with this.

If you ever needed more proof of just how evil the Empire is, their child trafficking / human experimentation should do it.

I loved the 2nd episode a lot. The giant loss the Batch took in this episode is sure going to set the stage for a grand epic type finale I'm sure.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The next episode is called "Juggernaut" and we've seen the vehichle in the trailer so it should involve that.

It's an interesting journey that it's gotten-it started for a concept for the Walkers when they were considering using full scale wheeled or treaded real-world vehicles dressed up. They eventually went with the stop-motion legged Walker. Maybe they didn't want a repeat of the incident where the Sandcrawler's scale constructed section (Used for the scenes when R2-D2 is scooped up and the droids were sold) were mistaken for an actual Tunisian military vehicle, upsetting Libya.

The concept was then reused for West End games when they fleshed out more Imperial land stuff, and later incorporated in several EU novels and comics which are now legends.

Then it showed up in ROTS, although different in scale from it's EU counterpart, and marketed as "Turbo Tank" by Lego and Hasbro because Toy Biz had the rights to produce toys with a similar title-The Marvel comics character. Although Hasbro has the license to Marvel toys now, the Turbo Tank name kind of stuck for merchandise.

Then showed up Clone Wars, and later in Disney stuff like Rogue One and Mandalorian (Although the versions in RO and Mandalorian are somewhat smaller).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-04-2024 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Is Tech dead? My son says they haven't gone looking for him yet. I assumed he was dead.
    I wonder if Tech winds up being one of the assassin clones. He could have been found by Hemlock and been reprogrammed.

Seems to be that taking over Juggernauts/Turbo Tanks for rescues is a bit of a Disney Star Wars trope now.

Emerie is obviously even more uncomfortable with things now that Omega is back, especially when she's more overt with how much she cares about Omega now, but it doesn't seem like she sees any path forward other than doing her job.

I'm glad they didn't dwell on Omega's choice or treat Crosshairs harshly for it. They probably all understood there was no talking Omega out of it.

Oh yeah, this is the first time Crosshairs has met Fee, huh? Nice way of bringing up Tech.

I honestly didn't think we'd ever see Rampart again, but not even being on a penal colony can fix his personality. I hope the Batch don't just up and let him go off on his merry way by the end of this.

The Imperials were actually pretty competent in this episode.

Some cool truck vs truck action.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I wonder if Tech winds up being one of the assassin clones. He could have been found by Hemlock and been reprogrammed.
    Could be.

I'm beginning to think he's dead, dead.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yeah, I think there's less than a month's worth of episodes (3 or 4 I think) so I'm not sure that's really enough time to really introduce that and do anything with it.

Today was a bit Star Wars by numbers with the Batch and Rampart trying to sneak into an Imperial waystation to get coordinates for Tantiss, but instead hitch a ride on a ship going there instead.

The B plot was Omega trying to figure out how to escape and meeting the other force-sensitives.

For a minute I thought they called the shuttle a "Rogue-class" shuttle, wondering if that was some writing error with someone confused about Rogue One, but nope, it's Rho-class (A medical and cargo variant of the Nu class attack shuttles seen in CW and Bad Batch).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Today was a bit Star Wars by numbers with the Batch and Rampart trying to sneak into an Imperial waystation to get coordinates for Tantiss, but instead hitch a ride on a ship going there instead.

The B plot was Omega trying to figure out how to escape and meeting the other force-sensitives.

For a minute I thought they called the shuttle a "Rogue-class" shuttle, wondering if that was some writing error with someone confused about Rogue One, but nope, it's Rho-class (A medical and cargo variant of the Nu class attack shuttles seen in CW and Bad Batch).
    Was a good episode but I just don't see how everything can be wrapped up in two episodes. I'm hoping they have another animated project they haven't announced yet that continues the story even if it includes a time jump and Omega is older. I didn't care for her character at first but she's grown on me.