Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    In this book T'Challa is already the king and Black Panther with T'Chaka still alive. Having him survive and act as an advisor would have actually been something we haven't seen before.

That's the original. It was meant to be modern takes on classic characters. This Ultimate Universe is not that. It's supposed to be much different. See the current Ultimate Spider-Man. Shuri, Okoye, T'Challa even Killmonger from the brief bits we see of him sound like they would in the regular MU. Him being king, which is obviously something he'll eventually get back to in the main universe doesn't feel different enough. But I'm willing to see where it goes.
    It doesn't feel like this Ultimate Universe really has a cohesive pov so I don't think you can really say this doesn't fit. To be fair the original Ultimate Universe was likewise pretty discordant in the early days(Orson Scott Card's Ultimate Iron Man being the perfect example) so I think it will be a while until we get a definite "voice"
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Incredible Member

I think Shuri is the Traitor and Working with The Moon knights and The maker

Definitely enjoyed this The art is fire (T'Challa looking fine as hell ), liking the different but similar takes on the characters. Great setup for what's to come. Hill hit the ground strong with this. I am excited for a BP book again.
    Last edited by Sunny; 02-10-2024 at 06:33 AM.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Definitely a strong start!!!

Just would like to address a topic I have been observing:

This is Ultimate enough, because since Hudlin's final storyline - T'Challa has not been King. We are talking well over a decade.

And since Coates - Wakanda has not be a monarchy.

So, while this could have been in the 616 - it was not presence there.

Heck as of now in 616 - T'Challa is a fugitive in his country - hence the vigilante thing going on.

Also, in 616 - T'Challa has no swag and no woman.

In that context, this Ultimate Black Panther storyline is very status quo changing. And changing for the better.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Compared with the original Ultimate Black Panther, this one talks too much...
    At least he actually does stuff and isn't just Captain America in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    At least he actually does stuff and isn't just Captain America in disguise.
    That was such crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    T'Challa will be dealing with Khonshu & Ra's expansion in Africa, the Doras' great appetite for war established (maybe even suspect for the bomber), the Vodu-Khan (likely planted by The Maker) and Killmonger & Storm teased. The setup is pretty intriguing but I can't really guess how things are going to turn out
    That's what makes it such a good read. To me, it's not that it's such a different take on characters but rather a different situations for them. Don't get me wrong, there are differences but not so that they are behaving wildly different.