Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I love that she actually looks Asian in the new carton

Then

Now

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I love that she actually looks Asian in the new carton

Then

Now

Yeah, I have to admit that, even though I love the old series, the new series animation is objectively better. Jubes looks awesome, as does everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Enh... I like the old art style better, it just feels more "real".

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I hope Simone uses Jubilees powers better. The girl has been around the block she should be better. Also am I the only one who wants Shogo to be gone. I want an explanation nut I kinda want her to give him up for safety or something hehe.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I hope Simone uses Jubilees powers better. The girl has been around the block she should be better. Also am I the only one who wants Shogo to be gone. I want an explanation nut I kinda want her to give him up for safety or something hehe.
    The simplest way is to have his biological family turn up and take him

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

True there
    X-Men Forever

The simplest way is to have his biological family turn up and take him
    That wont happen, Shogo's parents died as explained in Wood's X-men run. Mother died during Arkea's arrival and the father turned out to be a serial killer that tried to kill the X-men for having Shogo, and Storm's daughter of the future ended murdering him.

I actually like the idea of Shogo around and I hope they don't get rid of him. I'm just tired of that idea that super heroes can't be happy and can't have families. It's a dated and stupid idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    That wont happen, Shogo's parents died as explained in Wood's X-men run. Mother died during Arkea's arrival and the father turned out to be a serial killer that tried to kill the X-men for having Shogo, and Storm's daughter of the future ended murdering him.

I actually like the idea of Shogo around and I hope they don't get rid of him. I'm just tired of that idea that super heroes can't be happy and can't have families. It's a dated and stupid idea.
    Biological family includes more than parents. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings, cousins.....there are many opportunities for a writer to create a new character to take him away

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Biological family includes more than parents. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings, cousins.....there are many opportunities for a writer to create a new character to take him away
    He’s already adopted by Jubilee and she has legal rights to him. For Shogo to go to any surviving biological family outside of his parents since they are dead… Jubilee would need to officially terminate rights as the mother. That isn’t really a storyline I want to see, but I understand if it happens. I’m an adoptive parent of two boys… Jubilee has always been my favorite, and this part of her story really resonated with me. I’m pretty upset that Marvel has yet to address what is going on with Shogo. It’s making Jubilee out to be a bad parent… since before she was killed at the Gala, everything was about protecting and raising him- since the Gala, not one mention of him.

If they can’t be reunited now… I’d at least like the following to happen:

Jubilee discovers that Shogo is back in Otherworld living as a dragon since she was killed and came back. She attempts with all of her power to get to Otherworld… but her access is currently closed. With the fall of Krakoa and mutants back to being in hiding… Jubilee needs to retreat for her own safety… not before she vows on panel with tears streaming down her face to find her child, no matter how long and difficult that might be.

She then goes on to Gail Simone’s story- allowing her to grow in that regard with the hopes of her still finding her son one day. This would save face for her and not make her out to be a terrible parent.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    He’s already adopted by Jubilee and she has legal rights to him. For Shogo to go to any surviving biological family outside of his parents since they are dead… Jubilee would need to officially terminate rights as the mother. That isn’t really a storyline I want to see, but I understand if it happens. I’m an adoptive parent of two boys… Jubilee has always been my favorite, and this part of her story really resonated with me. I’m pretty upset that Marvel has yet to address what is going on with Shogo. It’s making Jubilee out to be a bad parent… since before she was killed at the Gala, everything was about protecting and raising him- since the Gala, not one mention of him.

If they can’t be reunited now… I’d at least like the following to happen:

Jubilee discovers that Shogo is back in Otherworld living as a dragon since she was killed and came back. She attempts with all of her power to get to Otherworld… but her access is currently closed. With the fall of Krakoa and mutants back to being in hiding… Jubilee needs to retreat for her own safety… not before she vows on panel with tears streaming down her face to find her child, no matter how long and difficult that might be.

She then goes on to Gail Simone’s story- allowing her to grow in that regard with the hopes of her still finding her son one day. This would save face for her and not make her out to be a terrible parent.
    The one thing that makes that fall apart though is that she has access to teleporters. Magik for example can go to Otherworld if she needed to. She teleported all the X-men to Otherworld in X of Swords: Destruction
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-08-2024 at 08:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

No you aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post

Kids and married lead characters seem to be something writers can't or just don't want to work with. I suppose there is no reason to think it can't be done but so far it doesn't seem to be going well. I thought that bubble thing Bling made was a way to make it so 90% of Jubilee's dialogue didn't have to be "something my baby something."
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

what is the saga of Jubilee having a child, anyway? When did all of this begin?

Has Jubilee ever had a boyfriend, for that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is the saga of Jubilee having a child, anyway? When did all of this begin?

Has Jubilee ever had a boyfriend, for that matter?
    Shogo came from X-men volume 4

Yes she has had a boyfriend. I beleive she had one in her mini in the early 00s and she dated Chamber in the last volume of Generation X. I dont know if they were dating but she at least hooked up with Skin as revealed in the Austen Uncanny X-men run

Yes she has had a boyfriend. I beleive she had one in her mini in the early 00s and she dated Chamber in the last volume of Generation X. I dont know if they were dating but she at least hooked up with Skin as revealed in the Austen Uncanny X-men run
    I don’t think that Shane Shooter ever really reached “boyfriend” level. Jubes and Angelo were very much simpatico, but as of the end of Strain’s GenX vol. 2 she and Chamber were together, a fact that subsequent writers seem to have completely forgotten or ignored, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.