Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    If that’s Forge’s neutralizer he’s not killing her. He’s shutting down her X-gene (and connection to Phoenix). Also, Forge’s neutralizer isn’t permanent; Storm got better.

But with Rachel and her chrono powers shut down, what happens to Dead X-Men who she is helping hop around?
    I don't think that's the neutralizer, doesn't look like it.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Charles planted a trojan memory in Moira who will become part of the Dominion and fight against it once awakened. Sending the Phoenix after the Dominion would ruin the plan.

This was better than it should be with all of the unnecessary connections (and sloppy retcons) to Hickman's plots. I can ignore those mistakes because I think Gillen really delivers on the confrontation between Charles and Moira.
    Smaaart theory. Oof!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Moira uploading herself into the Dominion I would think solves her problem. She now exists outside of time and space so her fear of death should no longer be a thing. And since her current physical body is de-powered/robotic if it gets destroyed there's no danger of reality becoming reset.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Moira uploading herself into the Dominion I would think solves her problem. She now exists outside of time and space so her fear of death should no longer be a thing. And since her current physical body is de-powered/robotic if it gets destroyed there's no danger of reality becoming reset.
    Great point.

I did not see Moira X joining Enigma before anyone/anything else coming. That's good stuff.

Astonishing Member

Charles planted a trojan memory in Moira who will become part of the Dominion and fight against it once awakened. Sending the Phoenix after the Dominion would ruin the plan.

This was better than it should be with all of the unnecessary connections (and sloppy retcons) to Hickman's plots. I can ignore those mistakes because I think Gillen really delivers on the confrontation between Charles and Moira.
    This is interesting but could be dangerous for 1) We don't know if Sinister was truthful that transfering his consciousness to Doug meant all trace of Sinister in Xavier was expunged..even if it was 2) This is a huge risk because it works both ways a piece of Xavier mind hacking Enigma through Moira can mean Enigma can re-route back to source and possess Xavier. Knowing Gillen this is very likely

Was expecting Trickster Titan to be connected with Sinister before the Enigma reveal, nice to see it confirmed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Yeah, I'm ready for this to end already. Stuff happens, but it feels like the story doesn't progress at all.
    I felt the same way.

I should be intrigued and excited by everything that is going on, and yet it all feels so by-the-numbers. Gillen's writing is definitely of higher quality and planning than Duggan's, and yet it just feels like all flash and little substance.

Of course Xavier will monologue long enough that a hero will stop him - seen that trope before.
    Of course there is a 'deal with the devil' trope going on - complete with an outright use of the word 'faustian'.
    Of course the ending cliffhanger is 'shocking' - but seen that trope before.

Even the resolution to Sinister feels lackluster, as Sinsters are a dime a dozen these days.

Gillen's always been clever with his writing, but this confrontation failed to deliver because it has Xavier just monologuing away like a villain whose plan will definitely not succeed. Once he decided to not pull the trigger right away, I knew that all the subsequent pages were meaningless fluff, to stall as we arrive to the ending cliffhanger (the ending cliffhanger works because Xavier just does it in a shocking way, and isn't monologuing away for 3+ pages).
    Last edited by lefthanded; 03-27-2024 at 09:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    This is interesting but could be dangerous for 1) We don't know if Sinister was truthful that transfering his consciousness to Doug meant all trace of Sinister in Xavier was expunged..even if it was 2) This is a huge risk because it works both ways a piece of Xavier mind hacking Enigma through Moira can mean Enigma can re-route back to source and possess Xavier. Knowing Gillen this is very likely
    My interpretation had nothing to do with a link between Charles and Enigma. Charles and Moira have exchanged so much telepathically that if that was an issue it already is. In fact, Enigma has shown he can already step in if wanted. What I think is happening is that Charles showed something to young Moira that she has forgotten until now. Similar to how the Teen O5 had all of their memories of the trip to the future (our character's present) hidden until they reached the age where that overlap was past. Moira is simply a sleeper agent like Hydra Captain America was (despite how that story actually was explained) and it will turn out that this was always the case because time travel is fun that way.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Kieron Gillen on the mid point of his RotPoX mini.
    Listen, I'm so tired of these diatribes from Gillen, I get what he's doing but if you have to over-explain each step in your planning something might be missing from the actual story. Way too much of what he's doing is unnecessarily vague, and even if he sticks the landing that does not change the fact that much of his story feels like it will conclude in the final issues which in theory is great, less so in practice.

Hmm...a mutant wants to kill a child to prevent a horrible future from happening.

Where have I heard that one before.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Listen, I'm so tired of these diatribes from Gillen, I get what he's doing but if you have to over-explain each step in your planning something might be missing from the actual story. Way too much of what he's doing is unnecessarily vague, and even if he sticks the landing that does not change the fact that much of his story feels like it will conclude in the final issues which in theory is great, less so in practice.
    I think this x-office doesht care because they know those interested in the future will be able to read it all at once and dont care about current opinions about how story beats take too long.

I think that was Percy's and Howards excuse.

Astonishing Member

My interpretation had nothing to do with a link between Charles and Enigma. Charles and Moira have exchanged so much telepathically that if that was an issue it already is. In fact, Enigma has shown he can already step in if wanted. What I think is happening is that Charles showed something to young Moira that she has forgotten until now. Similar to how the Teen O5 had all of their memories of the trip to the future (our character's present) hidden until they reached the age where that overlap was past. Moira is simply a sleeper agent like Hydra Captain America was (despite how that story actually was explained) and it will turn out that this was always the case because time travel is fun that way.
    I get you , and maybe he has planted that failsafe. I guess Moira becoming part of Dominion but making the right choice could ensure she will be gifted an 11th life by a re-set that Destiny foresaw. Moira being redeemed seems a sure bet. I just don't know if Xavier will come out unscathed,I don't count on it. Xavier worrying about something 'worse' is almost a foreshadowing that this will come at a cost. How that happens, we'll have to wait and see.

Extraordinary Member

I get you , and maybe he has planted that failsafe. I guess Moira becoming part of Dominion but making the right choice could ensure she will be gifted an 11th life by a re-set that Destiny foresaw. Moira being redeemed seems a sure bet. I just don't know if Xavier will come out unscathed,I don't count on it. Xavier worrying about something 'worse' is almost a foreshadowing that this will come at a cost. How that happens, we'll have to wait and see.
    I am thinking along the same lines. There does seem to be a missing piece that ends with a clean slate for Charles which I think this story might set up to happen in the relaunch.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I think this x-office doesht care because they know those interested in the future will be able to read it all at once and dont care about current opinions about how story beats take too long.

I think that was Percy's and Howards excuse.
    That makes sense!

I like Gillen and it may no5 be his fault but between IMX, Forever, and ROT, we should have some idea of what's happening with the overall narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Hmm...a mutant wants to kill a child to prevent a horrible future from happening.

Where have I heard that one before.

Where is Fantomex when you need him?
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Yeah I'm seeing a Moira redemption more and more likely now.