Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    Where is Fantomex when you need him?
    Bishop says hold my beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Hmm...a mutant wants to kill a child to prevent a horrible future from happening.

Where have I heard that one before.
    Thankfully the plan was changed mid issue and they're onto a different path.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Yeah I'm seeing a Moira redemption more and more likely now.
    The problem with the likely redemption is now it has some form of telepathic coercion.

Even if the series ends with Moira redeeming herself by ultimately choosing death and sacrifice to help the mutants, the redemption itself will always be called into question whether it is Moira of her own will or Moira w/ even 1% of Xavier influence.

It's the same handwavy nonsense of good/evil Beast over in X-Force, even though the execution will likely be much better.

Thankfully the plan was changed mid issue and they're onto a different path.
    Well somebody came to their senses and saw the optics of that. It wasn't a good look the last two times they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    The problem with the likely redemption is now it has some form of telepathic coercion.

Even if the series ends with Moira redeeming herself by ultimately choosing death and sacrifice to help the mutants, the redemption itself will always be called into question whether it is Moira of her own will or Moira w/ even 1% of Xavier influence.

It's the same handwavy nonsense of good/evil Beast over in X-Force, even though the execution will likely be much better.
    I dunno cause with this timey-wimey stuff it's plausible now that it may be revealed that Enigma coerced Moira into the manipulation she did to Xavier to get Krakoa up and running. Enigma's big old hand is now in the mix and hey, maybe it was him who pushed for Moira's no precog rule. Destiny has known about him for a long time and perhaps that's why he would have wanted to prevent her resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    This is interesting but could be dangerous for 1) We don't know if Sinister was truthful that transfering his consciousness to Doug meant all trace of Sinister in Xavier was expunged..even if it was 2) This is a huge risk because it works both ways a piece of Xavier mind hacking Enigma through Moira can mean Enigma can re-route back to source and possess Xavier. Knowing Gillen this is very likely
    Hoping that whole series of psychic handoffs doesn’t turn out to be Xavier seeding the last remaining portion of Sinister for upload into dominion thereby fulfilling Sinister’s ascension. Cause that kind of inevitable loop would be so corny.

On another note… “Trickster” = Loki? This story has overlapped with Ewing’s Defenders which (months ago) foretold Enigma’s arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Bishop says hold my beer.

Fantomex actually did it. Bishop might have to buy a couple rounds for him
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Would be cool if we just get human Moira back. That's what I'm hoping for in the end.

I'm still kind of confused but the Moira situation. Can someone clarify the differences between Dead X-men Moira and RotPoX Moira?

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    Fantomex actually did it. Bishop might have to buy a couple rounds for him
    Yeah, the only problem is that they had Bishop kill billions in the process.

We all need a drink to forget that.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Would be cool if we just get human Moira back. That's what I'm hoping for in the end.

I'm still kind of confused but the Moira situation. Can someone clarify the differences between Dead X-men Moira and RotPoX Moira?
    RotPoX Moira is 10th life Moira. She's the one that has been with us since the beginning of the Krakoa Era.

Dead X-Men Moira, or Ahab Moira, is a Moira that is a cyborg and still has a brain from one of the Sinister timelines (2.4) caused by his Moira Engines. She has been taking pieces of heroes she's conquered to create an axe. In that timeline Orbis was the lead clone and in his ship was a piece of the M'Kraan crystal and the last piece of mysterium. She added that to her axe (adamantium, carbonadium, vibranium, Xorns blackhole brain, and now mysterium) which allows her to cut through realities.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 03-27-2024 at 12:59 PM.

I haven't got the amount of coffee necessary to read this summary and understand what happens in the comic. Too convoluted. Passing.
    But I have to say this:

People who are curating the X-marketing are ridiculous.
    I mean, what's the point in releasing a comic book that ends on such a powerful cliffhanger... if a four days before the release Marvel announced that said character will be in a book? How can I worry about this character's fate if I already know she'll be fine?
    What's the point of a "shocking" cliffhanger if you have already spoiled that there's no death (and, if there's a death, it will be fixed in few weeks) so you removed a chunk of the "shocking" part itself?

To compare, all the people died in Hellfire Gala and Fall of X so far had the time to properly die - and the fan to worry and/or speculate - before their return was spoiled.

(of course, not a drag to Rachel and Rachel's fans here)
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I haven't got the amount of coffee necessary to read this summary and understand what happens in the comic. Too convoluted. Passing.
    But I have to say this:

People who are curating the X-marketing are ridiculous.
    I mean, what's the point in releasing a comic book that ends on such a powerful cliffhanger... if a four days before the release Marvel announced that said character will be in a book? How can I worry about this character's fate if I already know she'll be fine?
    What's the point of a "shocking" cliffhanger if you have already spoiled that there's no death (and, if there's a death, it will be fixed in few weeks) so you removed a chunk of the "shocking" part itself?

To compare, all the people died in Hellfire Gala and Fall of X so far had the time to properly die - and the fan to worry and/or speculate - before their return was spoiled.

(of course, not a drag to Rachel and Rachel's fans here)
    The cliffhanger is not shocking because someone might be dead but because the reader wonders why would Charles do that. Other than that, the general issue you touch on is just the norm for comic books but I think if you know Rachel is in a new book then you have done more work to figure that out than Marvel marketing has done in telling readers.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

First off I really need to show my appreciation for the beautiful art and colours this issue. I'm loving the crazy sci-fi epic Gillen is crafting and the artwork is a huge part of why I'm enjoying it so much.

I really enjoyed Charles here - Gillen gave him not one but 3 great moments in my opinion: the first is when Rachel and the Dead X-Men speak to him telepathically to convince him not to kill Moira; then again when he lets Rasputin kill Cypher-Sinister; and then of course there's the last page... Holeeeee smokes. Killing Rachel to speed up the Phoenix resurrection? Will Charles go after any other redheads next? I so can't wait to read what happens next!

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The cliffhanger is not shocking because someone might be dead but because the reader wonders why would Charles do that. Other than that, the general issue you touch on is just the norm for comic books but I think if you know Rachel is in a new book then you have done more work to figure that out than Marvel marketing has done in telling readers.
    Yeah I was completely blindsided by that last page. Did Charles lie to Rachel when he said they'd try it her way, or is this his version of her way? It's wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    First off I really need to show my appreciation for the beautiful art and colours this issue. I'm loving the crazy sci-fi epic Gillen is crafting and the artwork is a huge part of why I'm enjoying it so much.

I really enjoyed Charles here - Gillen gave him not one but 3 great moments in my opinion: the first is when Rachel and the Dead X-Men speak to him telepathically to convince him not to kill Moira; then again when he lets Rasputin kill Cypher-Sinister; and then of course there's the last page... Holeeeee smokes. Killing Rachel to speed up the Phoenix resurrection? Will Charles go after any other redheads next? I so can't wait to read what happens next!
    The art was gorgeous this issue, as always.

So much happened in such a short time. With Doug-Sinister dead is No-Place X a sitting duck now? Did Sinister's consciousness jump from clone Doug to someone else? So many questions.

Astonishing Member

Moira asks him why he wants her to join him and he says if she does he'll be able to travel to the timelines of her previous lives. Without her he's trapped inside the current timeline. He says regardless he can help assist Nimrod's present AI uprising. Moira asks what's in it for her.
    But doesn't HoX/PoX establish the timelines of her previous lives are erased after she dies? We know in her 6th Life that Homo Novissima specifically kept her alive so that the timeline wouldn't be erased before they joined the Dominions in the post-human heaven.