Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    But the inclusion of Delroy must mean something to the story. If he is the mole then what is he setting up? He was given more authority but he used that authority to direct sentinels towards avengers city. There hasn’t been teased any specific opportunity for him to use for the Avengers benefit, even the BP thing seems to be just BP being BP.
    The City does have the ability to take over other machines, maybe he's giving the Avengers their own Sentinel army.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Ultimate Member

But the inclusion of Delroy must mean something to the story. If he is the mole then what is he setting up? He was given more authority but he used that authority to direct sentinels towards avengers city. There hasn’t been teased any specific opportunity for him to use for the Avengers benefit, even the BP thing seems to be just BP being BP.
    That the Avengers are professionals who play the long game.

The Avengers are buddies with the X-Men, and Carol, T'Challa and Tony have all played spy games before.

Extraordinary Member

People do not want reason or logic in their stories.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    That the Avengers are professionals who play the long game.

The Avengers are buddies with the X-Men, and Carol, T'Challa and Tony have all played spy games before.
    Indeed. Hell, Tony was director of S.H.I.E.L.D. at one point, and T'Challa coordinated a massive international spy network through Wakanda when he was still king.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. Hell, Tony was director of S.H.I.E.L.D. at one point, and T'Challa coordinated a massive international spy network through Wakanda when he was still king.
    And Delroy served with Tony and Carol, and had some contact with T'Challa.

I buy him being a double agent more than him being a convert. I mean, just last arc they were very clear that Impossible City had outer defenses, not inner.

I buy him being a double agent more than him being a convert. I mean, just last arc they were very clear that Impossible City had outer defenses, not inner.
    Good points there.

Astonishing Member

Delroy has also worked as an undercover operative for the Avengers before. Delroy and Wonder Man were sent undercover to infiltrate some of Taskmaster's training schools for henchmen.

So there is precedent for him doing spy work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Delroy has also worked as an undercover operative for the Avengers before. Delroy and Wonder Man were sent undercover to infiltrate some of Taskmaster's training schools for henchmen.

So there is precedent for him doing spy work.
    Thanks for the reminder there.

It's a plausible scenario. Delroy is working with Tony against Orchis as an inside man. He's setting Orchis up by sending most if not all of the Sentinels to attack The City. This leaves Orchis facilities vulnerable to attack from the X-Men since they no longer have protection from the Sentinels.

Pretty good plan.

Extraordinary Member

All great ideas if the story itself made any attempt to suggest anything other than he is straight up working for MODOK because he is a disgruntled ex.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    All great ideas if the story itself made any attempt to suggest anything other than he is straight up working for MODOK because he is a disgruntled ex.
    Sometimes, these things have a way of holding their cards close to their vests. Hopefully that's in a good way this time around.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    AS Modok observed, he used the world 'liberated', and all he's done this entire time is be several steps behind the Avengers and their assault.

i agree with those that think 3d man is a plant. just something about the way he was explaining this felt very usual suspect for me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

AS Modok observed, he used the world 'liberated', and all he's done this entire time is be several steps behind the Avengers and their assault.
    He used 'liberated' because he is thinking like the Avengers which is explained in the next panel. He is also acting as the writers tool to explain to the reader everything that is happening. There is no purpose to him piecing everything together, such as who is actually involved in different parts of the assault, if he is actually a mole. He genuinely behaves as if he frustrated with MODOK not listening to him, he is analyzing everything as it is happening and comes up with a counter attack that serves no purpose other than to be the one thing that can turn the tables against the Avengers. There is no reason for him to tell MODOK to send all the Sentinels after the Impossible City other than to show that he can outthink the Avengers. And of course I mean there is no reason in the story told in this book, not that you or someone else cannot make up some reason on your own.