Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    LOL. I've noticed this too. Forge has used aliases over the years and we've never been told if any of them are really him. Will we find out this time around? Stay-tuned, True Believers.

Short answer? Yes.

But don't take too much from that. THIS X-Force's mission is different and, maybe, much weirder.
    i don’t think i like the sound of that….

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    i don’t think i like the sound of that….
    I write heroes.

I don't do nostalgia.

X-Force didn't start as a murder squad.

This isn't a continuation of the most recent iteration because Krakoa is no longer a controlling influence. Not in that way.

This is a new deck with a new deal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Forge's real name is Denim Loincloth.
    Go to your room and think about what you've done.

Go to your room and think about what you've done.
    Uhhh...can I wait until X-Force #1 comes out so that I can have something to read?

Mr. Thorne, I have a couple of questions on a behalf of a big Rachel Summers fan who currently is unable to get onto CBR, if that's alright. They liked your Rachel art piece and also wanted to share that they really liked your voice for Sojourner in GL.
    If you're unable to answer we of course understand.
    - "I am just pretty curious because Rachel has been a part of so many teams, but never X-Force b/c that's Cable's bag. Is it her strategic mind or her time powers, or something else that makes her the fit for Forge's team?"
    - "I'd also like to know how he feels about her tattoos. They're on the cover, but she hasn't had them visible in some time. What do they represent to her in his mind?"

Thanks for your time!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Mr. Thorne, I have a couple of questions on a behalf of a big Rachel Summers fan who currently is unable to get onto CBR, if that's alright. They liked your Rachel art piece and also wanted to share that they really liked your voice for Sojourner in GL.
    If you're unable to answer we of course understand.
    - "I am just pretty curious because Rachel has been a part of so many teams, but never X-Force b/c that's Cable's bag. Is it her strategic mind or her time powers, or something else that makes her the fit for Forge's team?"
    - "I'd also like to know how he feels about her tattoos. They're on the cover, but she hasn't had them visible in some time. What do they represent to her in his mind?"

Thanks for your time!
    Phew!

Okay!

Those are excellent questions and ones I concerned myself with very much when designing this book. I can't get into it here because the debut is months away and spoilers make my eyes bleed.

I doubt very much that Rachel is happy about the tattoos and why they are present at all is part of the story. One of the things I always liked about the X-Books (when they're good) is they're about the characters' internal conflicts just as much as they are about the plots and the fights.

All of the characters in this book are carrying major baggage that will influence their interactions and even why they are on the team.

The loss of Krakoa is a real thing and its shadow is long. The betrayal of Charles Xavier is a real thing. As is her relationship with Betsy.

While this will absolutely not be some ponderous exploration of each character's inner life, those inner lives govern their actions in a very real way for each of them and, in some cases, at great cost.

I can't ANSWER these questions here but I promise they have been considered and the answers are part of the story already.

Also, we need to do away with the Mr Thorne stuff.

Geoff. Redjack. Jack. Red. Any of these will do.
    Last edited by Redjack; 04-12-2024 at 06:11 PM.

Hey Geoff, it's been revealed that Uncanny and X-Men will consist of 18 issues in their first year. Will X-Force follow suit? As in double shipping?

Phew!

Okay!

Those are excellent questions and ones I concerned myself with very much when designing this book. I can't get into it here because the debut is months away and spoilers make my eyes bleed.

I doubt very much that Rachel is happy about the tattoos and why they are present at all is part of the story. One of the things I always liked about the X-Books (when they're good) is they're about the characters' internal conflicts just as much as they are about the plots and the fights.

All of the characters in this book are carrying major baggage that will influence their interactions and even why they are on the team.

The loss of Krakoa is a real thing and its shadow is long. The betrayal of Charles Xavier is a real thing. As is her relationship with Betsy.

While this will absolutely not be some ponderous exploration of each character's inner life, those inner lives govern their actions in a very real way for each of them and, in some cases, at great cost.

I can't ANSWER these questions here but I promise they have been considered and the answers are part of the story already.

Geoff, thank you very much for your response. The information you shared above has made me even more excited about the book!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Phew!

Okay!

It is a true privilege to have you on this forum sincerely, thank you very much for answering those questions, as a fan of Rachel I have also asked myself the same thing when I saw the art of the first cover, I really want to start reading this new collection, I think It is the first time that I will buy X-Force on a regular basis haha thanks again.

I still think Rachel’s best years were in her Alan Davis Excalibur days. I hope you’ve read that run to draw inspiration! I know it’s probably out of your jurisdiction, but now that Franklin Richards is a teenager, it’d be nice to see them interact given their alternate future history/Rachel’s past..

Geoff, any chance we could see Rachel interact with her brother and X-Force founder, Cable?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Phew!

Okay!

The loss of Krakoa is a real thing and its shadow is long. The betrayal of Charles Xavier is a real thing.
    As is her relationship with Betsy.

It's this part that has me very interested in XF
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I still think Rachel’s best years were in her Alan Davis Excalibur days. I hope you’ve read that run to draw inspiration! I know it’s probably out of your jurisdiction, but now that Franklin Richards is a teenager, it’d be nice to see them interact given their alternate future history/Rachel’s past..
    assume I've read (and own) 98% of all X-related material ever printed. And that includes John Byrne's bootleg.

also assume I'm not paying homage to or emulating any previous version or arc.

further assume I LOVE Alan Davis's work.
    Last edited by Redjack; 04-13-2024 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Geoff, any chance we could see Rachel interact with her brother and X-Force founder, Cable?
    I never say "no" to using cool characters but I wouldn't count on Cable showing up any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Hey Geoff, it's been revealed that Uncanny and X-Men will consist of 18 issues in their first year. Will X-Force follow suit? As in double shipping?
    With what I'm making Marcus draw already, I shudder to think what his reaction would be to having to draw EIGHTEEN issues in 12 months. How Gail and David Marquez are even doing that....?

Yikes, man.
    Last edited by Redjack; 04-13-2024 at 12:36 PM.