Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Thanks for your input and nice to hear from you redjack! Makes me more excited

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    hey! Geoff Thorne, here. Yeah, I do post on CBR but I'm not a lurker. I don't drop bombs or come in to fight. I love comics so, sometimes I come here to talk about them.

Couple of things...

1) I don't want anyone here (or anywhere) to feel RESTRICTED in what they have to say, good or bad, about the book. There's no point to the forums if you can't speak your mind. I take nothing personally when it comes to the work. DO NOT censor yourselves because MAYBE, I MIGHT come through. I don't LIVE here. Even if I did, the forums are for everybody. But I'm not a diplomat so, bear that in mind. I'm a real actual person.

2) As for what to expect from the book, if it will be a retro-style thing or throwback to previous eras, etc.? Heh. Love the canon but nostalgia is not my thing so make of that what you will.

3)Marcus is bringing the heat. Fans and detractors will both be surprised by what we're giving.

4) All opinions about art are equally valid, even if they directly oppose one another. It's the one arena where everyone gets to be simultaneously right and wrong.

Reposting from the Black Panther thread:

Congrats! I was afraid you were gonna leave the big two. I was gonna step away from the X-Line but you gotta pull me back in.

I can't wait to see what you do with Forge.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Just one question, RedJ...Otherworld, yay or nay?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Congrats Mr. Thorne.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Thanks for stopping by Geoff! I'm looking forward to reading what you and Marcus are cooking.

If you had to recommend something of yours to get a taste of what to expect from your X-Force to someone who's not familiar with your writing, what would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I really doubt that Thorne can do worst than Percy, unless he tries it on purpouse. I can hardly see any future version of the team being more useless than Percy's version.
    We'll see how it goes. Where I stand now is that I see three characters I like, an artist whose work I'm a bit dotty for, and a writer whose comics I'm not familiar with, but who I've enjoyed short stories from. There are definitely worse starting points.

hmmm

I try. Not to spoil or talk too deeply about projects I'm actively writing but...

I love all that Otherworld stuff.

Do what you want with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    hmmm

I try. Not to spoil or talk too deeply about projects I'm actively writing but...

I love all that Otherworld stuff.

Do what you want with that.

Is Tank a robot?

My question is, how hyped would you be to work on a book with Hellion in it? Not that this would be the book, I'm just asking in general. Exceptionally hyped, I assume.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Hey RJ, you asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Thanks for stopping by Geoff! I'm looking forward to reading what you and Marcus are cooking.

If you had to recommend something of yours to get a taste of what to expect from your X-Force to someone who's not familiar with your writing, what would it be?
    I try to switch things up from book to book. You won't find much similarity between Green Lantern, say, and Mosaic or Blood Syndicate.

I will say it's nothing at all like Green Lantern (which was meant to be a three part cosmically epic sci-fi novel.) This is not that.

KING IN BLACK: BLACK PANTHER and King in Black: Planet of the Symbiotes #2 are similar in tempo but, again, I really don't think any two of my books are alike.

Mr. Thorne, with Surge as part of the roster, any plans to explore her friendship with Forge?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Is Tank a robot?
    Tank is a member of the X-Force team I am currently writing.

Are those Red outfits just for the first arc with Deadpool?

Will they get more individual uniforms or is the the X-Force uniform for the era?

Also thanks for giving Surge some love the Academy X squad deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Mr. Thorne, with Surge as part of the roster, any plans to explore her friendship with Forge?
    short answer: yes.