Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    hey. there are a couple of folks here from the black panther board so they know I sometimes post art from projects I'm working on or heroes I like. I'm nowhere near as good as the folks who do this for a living but if this is something you'd like, let me know.
    By all means, please do.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Forge is the longest running X-Man who has never canonically had his real name revealed. (Wolverine and Rogue also went through long stints) Can we FINALLY get that now that’s he’s a headliner of a book? Claremont had a name for him but it never got used… it’d be really nice to finally have one for him. Also, is this is going to be more akin to the original X-Force concept of striking problems before they become a problem or more black ops stuff? Over the years, x-force lost its original premise much like Thunderbolts. It’d be really nice to get away from the black ops stuff…

Incredible Member

Mr Thorne, Betsy has co-lead x-force many times, likely due to her pragmatism and her judgement skills. The incredible Remender run orbited around her, she co-lead her own team with storm, and was second in command to cable and then magneto when his uncanny x-men were more like x-force during Bunn’s run. Will she have a similar role this time?

By the way, I know that your run will be nothing like Remender’s run, but I’d love to know your thoughts about his Uncanny X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Mr Thorne, Betsy has co-lead x-force many times, likely due to her pragmatism and her judgement skills. The incredible Remender run orbited around her, she co-lead her own team with storm, and was second in command to cable and then magneto when his uncanny x-men were more like x-force during Bunn’s run. Will she have a similar role this time?
    Lady Braddock has a pretty full plate when she enters the story. Quite full. The leadership of this X-Force isn't really set up the way it has been for other versions of the team. Forge is the leader for reasons that will become clear in issue #1.

By the way, I know that your run will be nothing like Remender’s run, but I’d love to know your thoughts about his Uncanny X-Force.
    I make it a policy of never discussing my fan feelings on prior creative runs on a book I'm currently doing. Modern fans turn any answer into fodder for in-fighting and attacks which both bore me and waste all our time. I'm not saying that's you (almost certainly not) but any answer I give to questions like that will take us all straight to hell in pretty short order.

in practical terms, once I'm in the driver's seat, every prior chapter is just the canon I can use or not use as needed with no preferences given to one era or another. The only question is, "Can I use this for my story? Do I want to?" All prior runs are equally valuable on this score and equally accessible.

That said, I've enjoyed nearly all of Mr. Remender's work since his FEAR AGENT days.
    Last edited by Redjack; 04-12-2024 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Forge is the longest running X-Man who has never canonically had his real name revealed. (Wolverine and Rogue also went through long stints) Can we FINALLY get that now that’s he’s a headliner of a book? Claremont had a name for him but it never got used… it’d be really nice to finally have one for him.
    LOL. I've noticed this too. Forge has used aliases over the years and we've never been told if any of them are really him. Will we find out this time around? Stay-tuned, True Believers.

Also, is this is going to be more akin to the original X-Force concept of striking problems before they become a problem or more black ops stuff? Over the years, x-force lost its original premise much like Thunderbolts. It’d be really nice to get away from the black ops stuff…
    Short answer? Yes.

But don't take too much from that. THIS X-Force's mission is different and, maybe, much weirder.

Lady Braddock has a pretty full plate when she enters the story. Quite full.
    Kind of LOVE that you called her Lady Braddock.

And her plate quite FULL you say.

This is giving me CB role, otherworld, STRIKE stuff, and post Krakoa stuff.

I am very intrigued.

so, here's an old-school Rachel I did last night to wind down from the work day.

sorry about the size of the image. that's how CBR does when it's a linked file.

thats a pretty damn cool version of that uniform.

She's beautiful, wow. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I love the Hound look for Rachel. And she looks good with the gloves on.

Also I love how you keep calling Betsy Lady Braddock. I’m down for it to be her new super-heroine alias.
    A picture would last longer darling...

so, here's an old-school Rachel I did last night to wind down from the work day.

Very nice work .

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm loving this!

I really want to see more of Rachel's new uniform, spikes and hound marks... hot! Cool drawing!.

LOL. I've noticed this too. Forge has used aliases over the years and we've never been told if any of them are really him. Will we find out this time around? Stay-tuned, True Believers.

Short answer? Yes.

But don't take too much from that. THIS X-Force's mission is different and, maybe, much weirder.
    He was called Jonathan Silvercloud in the ultimate universe, but of course that's a different continuity. I am partial to the name Claremont originally planned for him, Daniel Lone Eagle, I think it sounds cool personally.

Forge's real name is Denim Loincloth.