Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I defs wanna talk about how hard Hellion won this era

1. Had 3 panels where he had speaking lines, for a total of 10 words.
    2. Made at least one background cameo every year for 4 years straight.
    3. Didn't get beaten up and tossed around off-screen in order to show off how strong the latest bad guys are.
    4. The final page of the final issue of Way of X had him as the focal point of a group shot!

Honestly, considering bad things were for him in the last couple of years before Krakoa, it's a step up.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Agree with all your points. For me, Firestar was a net winner in the Krakoa era but not a large one. She was written in such a way that I think her storyline was positive overall and better than being left in oblivion with no stories whatsoever.

Of course, I hate to say it, but Krakoa is not quite over, and there’s a possibility things take a turn for the worse. I’m picturing a hero death here where ball mutants finally get on board that she’s a hero. But she’s dead and will somewhere down the line have to be to have her death retconned out through typical shenanigans. THAT would make the Krakoa era a net negative for her in this era.
    I wish they had done more stories with Firestar in her role as the traitor/spy. They should have had a mini of her with them showing her under the stress of being a double agent. This should have been taking a toll on her as she tried to stay one step ahead of Orchis while the majority of mutants wanting to kill her.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I wish they had done more stories with Firestar in her role as the traitor/spy. They should have had a mini of her with them showing her under the stress of being a double agent. This should have been taking a toll on her as she tried to stay one step ahead of Orchis while the majority of mutants wanting to kill her.
    Agreed 100%
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Winners: Sinister, Synch, Destiny, Storm, Hope, Mystique, Doug Ramsey.

Losers: Betsy Braddock, Sage, Gambit, Rogue, Apocalypse, Colossus, Rachel Summers, Banshee, Magik.

Fatality: Moira, Beast, Quentin Quire, Nimrod, Xavier, Excalibur Mythos, Captain Britain mythos, Saturnyne, Otherworld, Merlin, Roma.

Doug Ramsey really was a breakout star during the Krakoa era. His connection to Krakoa was the key to the success of the mutants having a home.

So now that it's over, where does that leave him?

Ultimate Member

Doug Ramsey really was a breakout star during the Krakoa era. His connection to Krakoa was the key to the success of the mutants having a home.

Doug's snarky line to the Professor after being dropped off on Krakoa was gold and had be laughing out loud.

"Oh sure Professor, I'll be fine alone on the mutant-eating island. It's not like that time I died while you were off having sex with a bird-lady."

I definitely hope to see more of him in the future!

I think the winners are all the characters that were dead and now are alive.

I mean, this is basically what her Unlimited arc was.

It was odd how both Sunfire and Firestar had their plots pushed from the main book to Unlimited… but they were better on unlimited than whatever was happening Duggan’s book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think the winners are all the characters that were dead and now are alive.
    Also the characters who didn't die stupid deaths, while the writers got trigger happy thanks to the X-men suddently having their own Pair Dadeni.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Doug's snarky line to the Professor after being dropped off on Krakoa was gold and had be laughing out loud.

"Oh sure Professor, I'll be fine alone on the mutant-eating island. It's not like that time I died while you were off having sex with a bird-lady."

I definitely hope to see more of him in the future!
    See I don't get that. Xavier went with the Shiar because he was mortally wounded and that's why he put Mags in charge. Why he did not come back directly after I don't know. It could be because of Lilandra. He was also kept prisoner while a skrull (?) took on his appearance when he was in space. Besides that, it's not like he left them alone. Re: Magneto. Anyway, some of this evil Xavier stuff seems forced. But then this whole morally grey approach to characters has been going on since Utopia.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-15-2024 at 11:16 PM.

I think he’s got a significant role left to play in the Krakoa era still. We’ll have to wait to see how all that shakes out first.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    WINNER of the Zero to Hero Award: Krakoa Edition...

GOLDBALLS made the most important X-Character EVER.
    NO Diddy!!!!!!
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Krakoa really worked wonders for Destiny, Moira, Doug Ramsey, Exodus, Sunfire, Tempo, Emma Frost, Storm, Hope Summers, Magneto, Sunspot, Black Tom, Apocalypse, Thunderbird, Kate and the entire cast of Hellions really benefited from Krakoa in my humble opinion, for various reasons. I'm certain I'm forgetting some others.

Those who suffered, in my humble opinion, with peace and love: Colossus, Nature Girl, and Laurverine

For me, Sinister falls into BOTH categories so I give him the "Flew Too Close To The Sun" award.

And I know the BEAST of it all was truly unhinged --and despite my own preferences for a jovial, loveable Hank-- this descent into madness was batshit bonkers, but also felt a bit preordained since before the Utopia era with Threnody etc.

I will forever be grateful to Krakoa for restoring Wind Dancer and Synch -- though I can't say I fully enjoyed ALL of their respective stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Lost: Anyone written by Duggan and Tini Howard.
    When your favorite was written by both.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I think he’s got a significant role left to play in the Krakoa era still. We’ll have to wait to see how all that shakes out first.
    We saw Apocalypse saving Krakoa. I wonder what would happen if he took Krakoa to Arakko?

I'll tell you who got the F-U treatment. Poor Gabriel Summers.

"And I am the Mother." Why Storm? Why did you have to treat Gabe so, so bad?

It was like his Omega didn't mean isht against her Omega.